The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

MARKETPLACE Want to be a Guest on the BiggerPockets BUSINESS Podcast?

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
www.123flip.com
If you're in the real estate world, you may be familiar with the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast. With over 325 episodes in the past 6 years, it's one of the most popular podcasts on the planet with 63M+ downloads and over 250K listeners per week.

Well, BiggerPockets has decided to expand their podcast offerings, and today launched their newest podcast: The BiggerPockets Business Podcast.

My wife and I are hosting the new podcast, where we will be interviewing entrepreneurs from around the world about how they started, grew and scaled their business. Our goal is to provide our listeners the information they need to get their current business -- or their next business -- off the ground.

We'll be interviewing people who are just starting off in the business world, we'll be interviewing people who have grown their business to 7, 8 or 9 figures, and we'll be interviewing people who have already cashed-out of their businesses and are on to their next venture. We'll be deep diving into things like financing, raising money, product development, operations, business economics, marketing, branding, and a whole lot more.

Our first several episodes include guests like Joshua Dorkin (founder of BiggerPockets who recently sold his company to a private equity firm), Barbara Corcoran (from Shark Tank), Brent Underwood (creative marketing expert partnering with Ryan Holiday in his latest venture), as well as a lot of people who are on their business journey, hoping to get to their level.

If you have an established business, wouldn't mind opening up about the details of the business, wouldn't mind talking about your failures (and successes) and then deep diving into some aspect of business -- and your business -- that you're an expert about...and if you'd like to share that with our listeners, we're taking applications for future guests.

You can submit here: www.biggerpockets.com/bizguest

Here's the most recent episode:

The BiggerPockets Business Podcast | Available Episodes

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
I'm not sure how much I'm willing to disclose, but I am admittedly interested.

I'll check out some of the other podcasts y'all have done and see what's up! Might be fun!

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
ideasunlimitedonline.com
Sure! I'll check out a few of our episodes, but I (and my CEO) would likely be interested, since it's been his vision and labor and I've definitely framed and shaped our marketing/social and company culture.

OP
OP
JScott

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
www.123flip.com
Just a little incentive for those considering applying to be a guest -- the podcast launched yesterday, and as of today, we're #2 in the Business category and #19 for all podcasts worldwide (according to iTunes)!

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
I’ve listened to all the episodes so far (you’re up to three). Great guests and there’s a nice natural feel to the conversations. Well done Mr and Mrs @JScott.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Looking forward to streaming a few episodes this week!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Good for you! Had no idea that you were that involved with that community nor that you were in MD. Good luck with getting it off the ground, Looking forward to listening in.

OP
OP
JScott

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
www.123flip.com
Good for you! Had no idea that you were that involved with that community nor that you were in MD. Good luck with getting it off the ground, Looking forward to listening in.
I've been involved with BP for about 10 years now -- I'm good friends with the founder, I've written 4 of their 17 books and have more posts on the site than any other member. In fact, BP and Fastlane are the only two forums that I'm involved in.

I grew up in MD, moved away for a long time, came back and am now leaving again... :)

JesseJune

New Contributor
May 17, 2019
I just started listening to the podcast and it's one of my favorite. As a young millennial it's very interesting and the "sales pitch" tone is non existent like some other podcasts.

Looking forward to your successful guests in the future. Hell maybe myself one day!

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

OP
OP
JScott

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
www.123flip.com
For those interested, we had a great guest on this past week (Jay Papasan, co-author of "The One Thing" with Gary Keller). He provided some amazing insight into how to manage your time, how to say NO, when to say YES, and how to derive the maximum personal benefit when saying YES to helping someone. He also talked a lot about hiring and managing successful teams.

Just wanted to mention it, as it was my favorite episode so far, and Jay Papasan is absolutely awesome. In fact, I would recommend you dig up other podcasts he's done...they're all amazing...

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Reversed: Life is expecting from you.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 9, 2018
...As a young millennial it's very interesting and the "sales pitch" tone is non existent like some other podcasts...
That is also the tone of J's latest book - it's about you not him. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JScott

JScott

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 24, 2007
www.123flip.com
Two podcast episodes that we've released recently that you guys might enjoy:

Alan Donegan is the founder of "Pop Up Business School," a business training company that travels the world teaching aspiring entrepreneurs about business. He talks a lot about how to test your business ideas without any money before you commit too fully.

For those of you who like beer, Dave Thibodeau is the founder of Ska Brewery and Peach Tree Distillers and he talks about how he transformed his hobby of brewing beer in high school into a business that has grown for two decades creating award-winning beer and spirits.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom