The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want FREE music? Here it is...

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
Hey everyone,

Hope you're having a great day. If you like music and new stuff to listen to, here is my band's fairly recent EP - go ahead and download it free here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9qz5txgg9nozl8q/AACLRGF3Y9jOj3emNrqef4u2a?dl=0

I don't care about selling music - just enjoy making it and giving it away. Wanted to share this with you guys so that hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of it.

If you give it a listen, just curious - what's your favorite song?

Take care,
Jonathan

P.S. - just wanted to thank @Andy Black for reaching out and asking what I needed help with a few months back. For what it's worth, it made an impact. Thanks, Andy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EmperorPear

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 15, 2014
Bor, Serbia
Not usually a fan of this kind of music, but I like what you've done. Crisp recording, powerful vocals, deeply layered instruments, everything's there! My only complaint is the damn .wav format, mp3 is the only true answer.
I would love to hear more from you!

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Sweet, thanks man... I would love a thread about "fastlaning" music without a label. Radio Play, Distribution, Venues, etc...

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey everyone,

Hope you're having a great day. If you like music and new stuff to listen to, here is my band's fairly recent EP - go ahead and download it free here:
Dropbox - Path Working - EP

I don't care about selling music - just enjoy making it and giving it away. Wanted to share this with you guys so that hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of it.

Take care,
Jonathan

P.S. - just wanted to thank @Andy Black for reaching out and asking what I needed help with a few months back. For what it's worth, it made an impact. Thanks, Andy.
Excellent. I love the music. I've listened to about a minute of each. Downloading all now and will report back with my favorite once I've listened to all.

What's your role in the band?

Band website?

Rep'd

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Hey everyone,

Dropbox - Path Working - EP

Take care,
Jonathan

So...this will sound crazy, but are you open to remixes?
Been writing Electronic Music for close to 10 years now and would love to just rip
"Out of the Cold" to shreds, piece it back together and make something new and lush out of it.
PM me and I'll send you some other work I've done

(p.s. not selling you on anything. This is just some cool stuff)

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
Not usually a fan of this kind of music, but I like what you've done. Crisp recording, powerful vocals, deeply layered instruments, everything's there! My only complaint is the damn .wav format, mp3 is the only true answer.
I would love to hear more from you!

Hey @EmperorPear, thanks. I actually didn't realize that it was still in .wav format - sorry about that!

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
Sweet, thanks man... I would love a thread about "fastlaning" music without a label. Radio Play, Distribution, Venues, etc...
@applesack, I'm afraid "fastlaning" music would be quite the challenge. You'd have to have highly sellable material (what the masses are already accustomed to), and a ton (massive amount) of leverage for marketing. Also, music is a "pleasure". Yes, it stirs emotions, but it doesn't necessarily "solve someone's problem" - you'd have a hard time convincing someone to buy it. Of course, I'm not saying it can't be done by any means. The chances are simply incredibly tiny from my view.

That being said though, there are plenty of people out there selling their own music. Just to give you an idea though - my two older step brothers are signed to Sub-Pop (label that Nirvana used to be on), and they tour for nearly 2/3 of the year. They frequently play over seas, especially at big festivals - and even opened for Rod Stewart a few years back. As far as money... from what I know, they're just touring to tour. But they also aren't anywhere close to being business people.

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
Excellent. I love the music. I've listened to about a minute of each. Downloading all now and will report back with my favorite once I've listened to all.

What's your role in the band?

Band website?

Rep'd

Hey, thank you, @AllenCrawley. I appreciate that.

I am the lead singer (except on the first song), and the only guitar player. I also wrote the songs "Out of the cold", "Don't Be Long", and "The Hypocrite" as well as all of the guitar solos.

Allen, I'm afraid there isn't currently a band website... I suppose other than an outdated "reverb nation" account. I'm too busy practicing my business and marketing skills and trying to build something I know people have an itch to solve. In fact, after 2 years of having a guitar school - now unable to ignore the barrage of "thank you so much, you helped me do something I always wanted to do"s - here's my modest start of the online side of my business Guitarist Insider -

I simply enjoy creating music, and I hope to keep giving it away. More coming from us (the band) - we're back in the studio soon.

Jonathan Boyd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 19, 2015
So...this will sound crazy, but are you open to remixes?
Been writing Electronic Music for close to 10 years now and would love to just rip
"Out of the Cold" to shreds, piece it back together and make something new and lush out of it.
PM me and I'll send you some other work I've done

(p.s. not selling you on anything. This is just some cool stuff)

@UnrealCreative, thanks for your comment.

If you want to remix the song, go for it. Just know that the material is copyrighted, and it cannot be distributed without permission. Feel free to PM me with whatever you come up with.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.