The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Waiting for an Opportunity to Creating One

UndertheBar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Dec 5, 2016
Southeast US
I am one of the many who have been stuck in the sidewalk or slowlane wishing and waiting for something to change. I have no clue how I came across these forums, but a week ago I stumbled upon them. The next three days I was glued to reading/listening to MJ's book and It has changed my entire point of view on my future.

I am a 27 year old cop and former Marine who has been dreaming of starting a business since I first got into the service. I've been one of those individuals who is consistently searching for an idea or the right time. I drove my wife insane over the past few years switching between different job prospects and business ideas. Between taking the LSAT to go to law school, to starting a fitness franchise, and to buy a delivery route in my father's distribution business. I am currently enrolled in an MBA program which is fairly simple and does not require too much time dedication. I know how a lot of people here feel about schooling, but it is free for me and it actually pays me a decent amount every month for housing due to the GI Bill.

Halfway through reading TFL, I was hit with a realization and found an awesome niche in a local market that I could extend to a much larger scale. It has really changed me and motivated me in so many different ways. This book showed me that I need to just stick with it, it isn't the idea or product that needs to be amazing, but the process of me building that idea or product.

I've started my business venture minutes after finishing the book. I have been studying copy, local marketing techniques, and web development so I can build my businesses webpage. I do not have that much money to start with (I'm actually in debt between car payments, wife's student loans and mortgage), but I am able to work from my garage for the first portion until I can build to a higher level. My wife also works in a decent career so when I do make the change to leaving my job it'll take some stress off because my kids will always be able to eat and house will always be paid lol. The advice and information that I have read in these forums on the past few days is insane! Everyone here really donates a large portion of time that can greatly change people's lives and I am thankful for that. One day I hope I can be of assistance to helping others out with their business ventures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Welcome. I'm new too. Make sure you read the Gold threads, they got their name for a reason.

Unless it spends too much of your time: Never turn down free education. Never. (whether an MBA is the right choice though is debatable)

A college degree is usually just training for the slowlane, but there are valuable classes that can help you in the fast lane (psychology, accounting, marketing)

Andrew87

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 28, 2015
Welcome! Im a fellow cop myself and am in the same spot you were of searching for the right idea and right time. I have been reading through as many threads on here as i can. Tons of great info and people on here willing to help, all you have to do is ask!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am one of the many who have been stuck in the sidewalk or slowlane wishing and waiting for something to change. I have no clue how I came across these forums, but a week ago I stumbled upon them. The next three days I was glued to reading/listening to MJ's book and It has changed my entire point of view on my future.

I am a 27 year old cop and former Marine who has been dreaming of starting a business since I first got into the service. I've been one of those individuals who is consistently searching for an idea or the right time. I drove my wife insane over the past few years switching between different job prospects and business ideas. Between taking the LSAT to go to law school, to starting a fitness franchise, and to buy a delivery route in my father's distribution business. I am currently enrolled in an MBA program which is fairly simple and does not require too much time dedication. I know how a lot of people here feel about schooling, but it is free for me and it actually pays me a decent amount every month for housing due to the GI Bill.

Halfway through reading TFL, I was hit with a realization and found an awesome niche in a local market that I could extend to a much larger scale. It has really changed me and motivated me in so many different ways. This book showed me that I need to just stick with it, it isn't the idea or product that needs to be amazing, but the process of me building that idea or product.

I've started my business venture minutes after finishing the book. I have been studying copy, local marketing techniques, and web development so I can build my businesses webpage. I do not have that much money to start with (I'm actually in debt between car payments, wife's student loans and mortgage), but I am able to work from my garage for the first portion until I can build to a higher level. My wife also works in a decent career so when I do make the change to leaving my job it'll take some stress off because my kids will always be able to eat and house will always be paid lol. The advice and information that I have read in these forums on the past few days is insane! Everyone here really donates a large portion of time that can greatly change people's lives and I am thankful for that. One day I hope I can be of assistance to helping others out with their business ventures.
Welcome. Thanks for the intro.

Given you're doing some sort of local business and are looking at local marketing, then I suggest you check out the first bolded radio interview in my signature, and the link for "Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses".

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I drove my wife insane over the past few years switching between different job prospects and business ideas.

One way to curb the insanity, is to not share every single idea that you have, but just the ones that you've really taken the time to consider seriously and have plans to move forward with.

I've lost count of the number of times I have announced to people my next product/business/idea only to never have it turn into anything. At any given time there are 5+ threads on the front page of this forum that are people doing exactly this.

I've started my business venture minutes after finishing the book.

Good for you. Post your progress updates in this thread. I'd love to hear about you achieving your first sale in this new business. Don't let this become a "one and done" post. It feels good to tell people your new plan. It makes you feel good about yourself. Don't let those good feelings stop you from taking real action on this idea.

Good luck!

UndertheBar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Dec 5, 2016
Southeast US
Welcome! Im a fellow cop myself and am in the same spot you were of searching for the right idea and right time. I have been reading through as many threads on here as i can. Tons of great info and people on here willing to help, all you have to do is ask!!

While I was reading TFL, an idea just hit me, and instead of me trying to find things that were wrong with it that I usually did, I decided to figure out how I could fix the things that were wrong with the idea. This forum really does seem great and I hope I can help out others as well.
Welcome. Thanks for the intro.

Given you're doing some sort of local business and are looking at local marketing, then I suggest you check out the first bolded radio interview in my signature, and the link for "Lead Gen for Local Service Businesses".

Good luck!

I'm definitely going to check them out. I'm searching for many different resources in reference to local businesses. Thank you.
One way to curb the insanity, is to not share every single idea that you have, but just the ones that you've really taken the time to consider seriously and have plans to move forward with.

I've lost count of the number of times I have announced to people my next product/business/idea only to never have it turn into anything. At any given time there are 5+ threads on the front page of this forum that are people doing exactly this.

You definitely make a great point. I should definitely keep some things to myself until they are more set in stone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...