The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

VISA Trauma! Australian trying to move to USA permanently. Looking for advice!!

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Contact a US immigration lawyer and ask about B-1/2 visas.

If you can invest 500k and create 10 jobs, you can get an EB-5 quickly and a greencard for permanent residency in ~2 years.

I helped someone last year, from the EU, start a biz in the US. They brought a little under $1M to put into the business and create a dozen jobs. So that helped get his paperwork through in only a few months.

My parents also got in a couple decades ago through a sponsorship. Taking only a few months as well. But the owner of the company knew a congressman who called in a some favors.

Then there's one guy I know who's a work from anywhere content creator. Took him 5 years to get permanent residency after struggling with B1s and work permits.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Have you tried looking a E-3 Visas which are specifically for Australians looking to live in the US. This visa was issued as a thank you from the US to Australia for its support in recent wars in Iraq, Afghanistan in which Australia helped support the US. I only know about this type Visa as the Irish were looking for something similar back in December but it fell through. We were going to split the allowance with Australia as your citizens only use about half of the yearly allotted visas.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
"sponsor"

I hate to be that guy, but if you need to use quotes around anything to do with immigration, then you're basically discussing committing fraud against the government on a public forum. Regardless of how unlikely may be to ever bite you, it doesn't seem like a very good idea at all.

KLoNe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 3, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Hey guys,

I'm a 35yr old Australian who recently visited the US and stated with a number of Fast Lane forum members at the end of 2018. Productivity, discipline and motivation went THROUGH THE ROOF when all of us were working together and we all decided it would be amazing if I could move over to the US permanently.

Currently owning a digital design business that I can run from anywhere, I'll be able to rent out my townhouse for income and sell my car. Money is not an issue, but the US VISA system is.

I've spoken to a number of legal advisers who won't touch the matter because they're only taught about our immigration system and can't advice on other country's systems (seems strange?).

What I have:
  • Eagerness to start a business in the US
  • Money to support myself
  • 2x technical trades: Electrician & Instrumentation Technician
  • 1x diploma: Diploma of Information Technology
  • Fast Lane members who will help me out in anyway they can

Does anyone have experience with different VISA's? Which are the best/easiest to apply for?

Many thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Chris came to visit us in San Diego this past winter. He is looking for a way to get into and stay in the USA.

We have several businesses that we could potentially use to "sponsor" him, but we don't know how the process works.

Any light shed on this would be much appreciated!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
So basically he could start a business entity, and "employ" a friend? Do they have to disclose revenue/salary info?

Can a foreigner get an EIN in the US easily? Or sole prop? How does that work?

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
So basically he could start a business entity, and "employ" a friend? Do they have to disclose revenue/salary info?

Can a foreigner get an EIN in the US easily? Or sole prop? How does that work?

It literally took me 5 minutes to get my EIN number, I've never even been to the US. Just call them and say you want one, you'll get it right away and then you'll get some more documents after 2 weeks or so.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
This visa was issued as a thank you from the US to Australia for its support in recent wars in Iraq, Afghanistan in which Australia helped support the US.

Sick! Looking into them now. Much appreciated.

Regardless of how unlikely may be to ever bite you

Not terribly worried since we're doing this legally...

It literally took me 5 minutes to get my EIN number, I've never even been to the US. Just call them and say you want one, you'll get it right away and then you'll get some more documents after 2 weeks or so.

Awesome info. Thanks a ton.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.