The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Virtual Doorman for Small Office Security?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Sharron Zoss

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2018
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I have done a freelancing business at home for the last 5 years and now, I am thinking to expand it. Though the team works with me via Skype and other online sources but right now, we are thinking to proceed with this venture under a proper business platform and thinking to open our office. However, we don't have enough money to hire security guards, receptionists and other staff. That's why we preferred to go with advanced gadgets and use of virtual doorman or use of any access control entry system is in our minds.

First of all, I would like to know should we go with typical card access control systems that most companies use? Or video entry system with remote application use would be the right option? I also found this video-based access control system very attractive with many advanced features but I am not sure, as a beginner, we should install it or not. Similarly, after reading this news, I have some questions about the security concerns about the use of their entry system.

All in all, I am confused and need your suggestions especially experiences.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
So you've got a freelance business that you've been working on for the past 5 years and you want to expand, I'm assuming all your partners/employees are also based in the UK?

If that is the case, leasing office space in London shouldn't be too difficult: have you tried leasing space in an office building? In most cases, the company that leases the office space have their own security systems and will provide card/fingerprint access for you as well as doormen/security guards.

I have a few offices in London and they're all secure thanks to the company's own security (we're currently leasing). Our office space premises itself is secured by card and fingerprint entry.

OP
OP
Sharron Zoss

Sharron Zoss

New Contributor
Jul 14, 2018
Belfast, Northern Ireland
So you've got a freelance business that you've been working on for the past 5 years and you want to expand, I'm assuming all your partners/employees are also based in the UK?

If that is the case, leasing office space in London shouldn't be too difficult: have you tried leasing space in an office building? In most cases, the company that leases the office space have their own security systems and will provide card/fingerprint access for you as well as doormen/security guards.

I have a few offices in London and they're all secure thanks to the company's own security (we're currently leasing). Our office space premises itself is secured by card and fingerprint entry.
What about Belfast and Northern Ireland? How it would be related to insurance. Because I heard from many friends that against such securities they increase insurance quote.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
What about Belfast and Northern Ireland? How it would be related to insurance. Because I heard from many friends that against such securities they increase insurance quote.
I'm not entirely certain, but it does seem realistic for them to do that. Each company is different, I suggest perhaps researching some in the area that you want your offices to be located at and then giving a few of them a ring. I know over here in London the insurance doesn't increase because the security policy is already in the agreement.

rogainer

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 22, 2014
Vancouver, BC
You could ring a local security company and see what options there are. 24/7 monitoring is ideal. Strong locks and securing vulnerable entry points would be my first task. No use in having an expensive entry system if the door is glass. I agree with others, most offices already have security of some type.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is the talk I gave at the 2020 Fastlane Summit on Mastering your Mind In this video you...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock