The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Victim mentality

Anything related to matters of the mind

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Do you often caught up in victimized thinking? Like playing like a true victim of people and events? Recently I started noticing this way of thinking. This self sabotaging thought patterns are really destructive. If something negative happens in my life. I unconsciously go to self destructive behavior and I feel like total powerlessness of situation and events! I come up with a made up story in mind too. I ve hd many traumatic childhood events and may b that contributed my personality and way of thinking. How can we completely overcome these behavioural patterns and takes responsibility for our life and actions completely? Share your experience
You can rewrite your story. You can take the same fact pattern and become the hero of your story. I am NOT a victim -- I'm a survivor who acted bravely in the face of many adversities. You can make that choice too.

A rough beginning can bring you strength, kindness, and depth of character. It can teach you empathy for others. It can make you into a hard worker with a determination and drive that others just don't have. Rough times can be your reason to develop strong morals. How you internalize things is totally up to you...

Edit: I thought about this while we went and closed our Laundromat for the night... The way to get past this is to work at your present venture. Or you can start a new project or business. What are you going to do right now to get up and get yourself down the path?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

rayi7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 1, 2021
Do you often caught up in victimized thinking? Like playing like a true victim of people and events? Recently I started noticing this way of thinking. This self sabotaging thought patterns are really destructive. If something negative happens in my life. I unconsciously go to self destructive behavior and I feel like total powerlessness of situation and events! I come up with a made up story in mind too. I ve hd many traumatic childhood events and may b that contributed my personality and way of thinking. How can we completely overcome these behavioural patterns and takes responsibility for our life and actions completely? Share your experience

Dionysos

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2020
Netherlands
I personally don't (anymore). It's really bad, you should work on it immediately!

This will hold you back so much in life if you don't get rid of that shitty mentality.

You should read the book by Mark Manson called The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. It has a whole chapter on the subject I believe.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
There's no quick fix for that brother. It's probably because you're surrounded by like minded individuals who constantly blame, criticize and facilliate victimship into their lives. You've probably hear this saying before: "You are the average of the 5 people you spend your time with the most".

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
It's the worst because not only is it self destructive but it also alienates the kind of friends you should have, and attracts other people stuck in the victim mindset. Then your friends become negative echo chambers.

forester

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 4, 2014
Read
read this four part series:

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
How can we completely overcome these behavioural patterns and takes responsibility for our life and actions completely? Share your experience

When something bad happens to a victim, they just keeps thinking about what they don't want and avoid/complain. So, when you feel like a victim, take a second to ask yourself "What do I want?" and then try to make that happen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.