The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Veganism / Plant-Based Diet

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Came back to the forum a few weeks ago and wan't to become active again. Saw that no one ever spoke about the topic, even that there are a lot of people in the entrepreneur/nomad community that are into this lifestyle.

I'm by no means an expert in the field, but I have studied it over the last few years, after I got badly sick. At one point I could only lie for around one month in bed, besides eating and a few other things that were urgent.

My story:
Got out of school, knew I never wanted to get a normal job. Got into gaming, wasted so much time and my eating and sport habits got worst. Got the breakdown above described and since 3 years I'm trying to improve my life in every aspect. Which at least I could already improve in some areas.

So over the last 3 years around I tried to find out about internal and external things that can make us sick in this modern society, which are a lot. Since 1 1/2 years im fully vegan and around 3 years vegetarian.

I know it's a "hot" topic and everybody has his own opinions.

So ask me anything about the lifestyle, health, environment aspects, ethics...

As a start, I would like to post a video about a conversation a vegan youtuber has with his non vegan friend:

Hope to keep this topic clean, as a lot of people are offended by it. What I see often is, that they know inside them that something isn't right, so they get angry and don't want to admit or change it, maybe because it takes some time and effort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

KCErnest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 10, 2008
'Murica
Hope to keep this topic clean, as a lot of people are offended by it. What I see often is, that they know inside them that something isn't right, so they get angry and don't want to admit or change it, maybe because it takes some effort and time.

I see this stance a lot with vegetarians. Read a lot of 'science' as it only relates/supports your side and think it's the gospel. I'm just very curious, what makes a vegan smarter than biology? It's becoming clear that inflammation once thought to be caused from meat is actually being caused by the animals diet of grains and high PUFA levels. I'm assuming you are only doing this because you think it's healthy correct? Paleo is about the only thing that makes a lot of sense.

Remember: There are Essential Amino Acids(EAA's), Essential Fatty Acids(EFA's), no such thing as an essential carb.

Last edited by a moderator:

domi99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 13, 2014
Came back to the forum a few weeks ago and wan't to become active again. Saw that no one ever spoke about the topic, even that there are a lot of people in the entrepreneur/nomad community that are into this lifestyle.

I'm by no means an expert in the field, but I have studied it over the last few years, after I got badly sick. At one point I could only lie for around one month in bed, besides eating and a few other things that were urgent.

My story:
Got out of school, knew I never wanted to get a normal job. Got into gaming, wasted so much time and my eating and sport habits got worst. Got the breakdown above described and since 3 years I'm trying to improve my life in every aspect. Which at least I could already improve in some areas.

So over the last 3 years around I tried to find out about internal and external things that can make us sick in this modern society, which are a lot. Since 1 1/2 years im fully vegan and around 3 years vegetarian.

I know it's a "hot" topic and everybody has his own opinions, so I try to only give facts out that are backed by real studies and are not funded by the industrie it was made for.

So ask me anything about the lifestyle, health, environment aspects, ethics....

As a start, I would like to post a video about a conversation a vegan youtuber has with his non vegan friend:

Hope to keep this topic clean, as a lot of people are offended by it. What I see often is, that they know inside them that something isn't right, so they get angry and don't want to admit or change it, maybe because it takes some time and effort.

Great topic.

I stopped eating meat a couple of month ago and really do feel great. Over here in Germany there is a kind of a trend and I see more and more people start becoming vegetarian which might even be a chance to fill a need..:)

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
I'm assuming you are only doing this because you think it's healthy correct? Paleo is about the only thing that makes a lot of sense.

Remember: There are Essential Amino Acids(EAA's), Essential Fatty Acids(EFA's), no such thing as an essential carb.

I became vegatarian because of health reasons, until I was like 80% vegan I would say and then I saw this video and became fully vegan:

So at the end I would say I became vegan because of both.

Here is a small read about complete amino acids:
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/105/25/e197.full

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Great topic.

I stopped eating meat a couple of month ago and really do feel great. Over here in Germany there is a kind of a trend and I see more and more people start becoming vegetarian which might even be a chance to fill a need..:)

As I'm from Germany, yep there is quite a big trend. Also we have I think the first 100% vegan supermarket chain, which is already expanding to south and north america.

G

Guest34764

I don't care about the moral side of the whole vegan-ism argument but i'd probably try it out for a month or so later in my life.Meat helps me pack on weight so i'll probably continue eating it,but neat...i guess.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
How do you know someone is a vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ;)

That joke, which I never heared yet ;) but yeah this topic is 100% about it and I only want to share my experience and maybe there are a few people in this forum who are thinking about trying the lifestyle. I have never told someone that I'm vegan, besides when it comes to eating and I need to explain why I can't eat it.

And yes I'm no hippy wongo bongo guy who is living on a tree :D Normal guy, who got sick and found a way to improve his health and compassion through diet.

G

Guest34764

That joke, which I never heared yet ;) I find it fascinating that such a comment gets so many likes, but yeah this topic is 100% about it and I only want to share my experience and maybe there are a few people in this forum who are thinking about trying the lifestyle. I have never told someone that I'm vegan, besides when it comes to eating and I need to explain why I can't eat it.

And yes I'm no hippy wongo bongo guy who is living on a tree :D Normal guy, who got sick and found a way to improve his health and compassion through diet.

If you want people to convert give them some actual evidence besides a 50 minute youtube video and your personal opinion.

KCErnest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 10, 2008
'Murica
That joke, which I never heared yet ;) I find it fascinating that such a comment gets so many likes, but yeah this topic is 100% about it and I only want to share my experience and maybe there are a few people in this forum who are thinking about trying the lifestyle. I have never told someone that I'm vegan, besides when it comes to eating and I need to explain why I can't eat it.

The implication made is that most vegans come across as holier than thou individuals. I have no problem with people making informed decisions but it's a very accurate statement.

So what made you choose veganism over something that has more scientific reason behind it like Paleo(just an example)? It looks like you tried something that made you feel good and just decided to stop looking. Almost all hormones and neurotransmitters are made from cholesterol, which is very much lacking in a vegan diet.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
I don't care about the moral side of the whole vegan-ism argument but i'd probably try it out for a month or so later in my life.Meat helps me pack on weight so i'll probably continue eating it,but neat...i guess.

You could have a look at this guy, who is the strongest men in germany and has broken some world records:

Also Mr. Universe 2014 recently went Vegan:

G

Guest34764

You could have a look at this guy, who is the strongest men in germany and has broken some world records:

You should mention that the "strongest" guy in Germany is on roids.Like all world record breakers.Veganism has nothing to do with how much he can lift.The Mr.Universe going vegan has nothing to do with him and his physique.I'm not intentionally bashing you but you're leaving yourself out and open.

EDIT:Also Patrik Baboumian's lifts aren't that impressive at all.

KCErnest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 10, 2008
'Murica

Also Mr. Universe 2014 recently went Vegan:

You sure like posting youtube videos with anecdotal experiences inside instead of anything substantial. I can link a story about a nutrition professor that lost something like 30 lbs in a few months eating nothing but hostess cakes just to prove a point. You're not really helping your case much.

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
@Delmania "How do you know someone is a vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you. ;)"

You mean like this? :D

aOmp336_700b.jpg

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
The implication made is that most vegans come across as holier than thou individuals. I have no problem with people making informed decisions but it's a very accurate statement.

So what made you choose veganism over something that has more scientific reason behind it like Paleo(just an example)? It looks like you tried something that made you feel good and just decided to stop looking. Almost all hormones and neurotransmitters are made from cholesterol, which is very much lacking in a vegan diet.

First, every humang beign produces cholesterol on it's own, there is no evidence that we need an outside source of cholesterol. Also they are different types of cholesterol, where one is good for us and the other ( animal cholesterol ) is bad for our health:

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
A lot of vegans look and sound soft like they're lacking testosterone or growth hormone.

well i think they are actually lacking the growth hormone... which someone who eats meat eats with the meat of cows and chickens... so you are right with this one, they are "lacking" some growth hormones haha :D

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If God didn't intend animals to be eaten, He wouldn't have made them out of meat.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
You sure like posting youtube videos with anecdotal experiences inside instead of anything substantial. I can link a story about a nutrition professor that lost something like 30 lbs in a few months eating nothing but hostess cakes just to prove a point. You're not really helping your case much.

Wow this got hot fast, I love it. Thats such a big problem society faces right now. Losing weight has nothing to do with beign healthy at all. You could eat snickers all day long and could lose weight on such a diet.

G

Guest34764

First, every humang beign produces cholesterol on it's own, there is no evidence that we need an outside source of cholesterol. Also they are different types of cholesterol, where one is good for us and the other ( animal cholesterol ) is bad for our health:
Besides posting videos you should probably cite some government studies.I don't think anyone wants to sit through a whole video to listen to ramblings of muh veganism.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
You should mention that the "strongest" guy in Germany is on roids.Like all world record breakers.Veganism has nothing to do with how much he can lift.The Mr.Universe going vegan has nothing to do with him and his physique.I'm not intentionally bashing you but you're leaving yourself out and open.

EDIT:Also Patrik Baboumian's lifts aren't that impressive at all.

Everybody is on roids in this niche. It's all about the money. But lets follow the money, they wouldn't become vegan if they don't see an increase in performance/recovery, which helps them to compete better and get more money.

KCErnest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 10, 2008
'Murica

I think I'll bow out at this point. You've obviously drank the Kool-Aid and have done no actual research apart from sources that assert things not based on science. I hope you continue to educate yourself and grow.

I'll leave you with this. An article from Discover that discusses the diets of indigenous peoples that are primarily made up of animal fat and protein with very little plants/carbs. ALL of these groups had NO instance of metabolic disease. No diabetes, no heart disease, nothing. With almost no vegetables or grains, just animals. Something to think about.

http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox

G

Guest34764

Everybody is on roids in this niche. It's all about the money. But lets follow the money, they wouldn't become vegan if they don't see an increase in performance/recovery, which helps them to compete and get more money.
You're making it hard on me.Of course they're all on roids.Do you understand that Roids increase recovery substantially?Being Vegan will not give them extra recovery or performance.If you actually lift you would know.Also post some Gov. studies please.Also they don't get more money directly from winning competitions or what ever.I'm sure they hardly get any money in that aspect.

G

Guest34764

Just searched up "interview with a vegan" on youtube and some small looking guy with a high pitched voice pops up. Exactly what I expected hahah.

Haha,That's VeganGains.He is actually Green and is incredibly small with horrible lifts.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
I think I'll bow out at this point. You've obviously drank the Kool-Aid and have done no actual research apart from sources that assert things not based on science. I hope you continue to educate yourself and grow.

I'll leave you with this. An article from Discover that discusses the diets of indigenous peoples that are primarily made up of animal fat and protein with very little plants/carbs. ALL of these groups had NO instance of metabolic disease. No diabetes, no heart disease, nothing. With almost no vegetables or grains, just animals. Something to think about.

http://discovermagazine.com/2004/oct/inuit-paradox

As most of the studies are only accessable if you pay for them ( 50$+ per study) yeah it's quite a good way to get your information. Also most people I think won't read a full science article about such a topic.

Here is a small snippet out of one:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20234038

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Having just finished my dinner of organic tomato bisque soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on homemade whole wheat bread, my advice is this:

Eat food, mostly plants, not too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Just searched up "interview with a vegan" on youtube and some small looking guy with a high pitched voice pops up. Exactly what I expected hahah.

Bearing in mind that people do tend to sound different on a recording than in real life, he looks like a fit young man who sounds normal. Is he a competitive body builder? Is there some reason he needs to be bulked up?

G

Guest34764

Bearing in mind that people do tend to sound different on a recording than in real life, he looks like a fit young man who sounds normal. Is he a competitive body builder? Is there some reason he needs to be bulked up?
He used to do physique competitions.Then he started hallucinating and stopped.There's not a reason for him to be big but if you watch the interview.He pretty much starts drama with people way bigger than him.I don't really care but others seem to do.My previous post was probably out of line.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.