The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Vegan / Vegetarians Only (Chat about lifestyle, opportunities, food, whatever...)

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

Alferez

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Nov 27, 2018

Gee, it's only his 21st grand slam title. And quite possibly, the best player to ever play the game.

I wonder if people ask him ...

Do you get enough protein?
How's your energy level?
Have you checked your B12?

LOL. :rofl:

I take my health seriously as much as any aging pro athlete does -- except those athletes have tens of millions of dollars on the line to be right about their nutrition and health.

While Novak doesn't like identifying as "vegan" (much like I don't either) the fact is, if you don't eat meat or dairy, you're vegan. The negative title is irrelevant.
Sicking tired of people asking this questions... I tend to hide that I'm vegan, it saves me a lot of energy explaining.

I would pay money to have the power of shut people's mouth from questioning my lifestyle XD

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sicking tired of people asking this questions... I tend to hide that I'm vegan, it saves me a lot of energy explaining.

I would pay money to have the power of shut people's mouth from questioning my lifestyle XD

You think being an entrepreneur in a work-slave culture is hard?

Try being vegan, even if you try keeping it on the "down low" (now I know why aging athletes don't say shit about it) -- I'm still in shock at the BS I have to deal with, here, from strangers, young know-it-all "fitness experts", old fat F*cks on 5 medications, and wide variety of other pharma bros. Based on some of the things I've had to deal with, it's literally a new type of racism that is cool, and institutionally endorsed and accepted -- disease and healthcare sickcare is a multi-trillion dollar business ... and healthy people are not good for business.

We live in a clown world when Pepisco and Coke is dispensing nutrition advice while funding the American Diabetes foundation.

Now excuse me while I go drink my soy milk and eat my tofu lunch -- I have a pink dress I need to wash.

Ray C.

New Contributor
Mar 18, 2022

Try being vegan, even if you try keeping it on the "down low" (now I know why aging athletes don't say shit about it) -- I'm still in shock at the BS I have to deal with, here, from strangers, young know-it-all "fitness experts", old fat F*cks on 5 medications, and wide variety of other pharma bros. Based on some of the things I've had to deal with, it's literally a new type of racism that is cool, and institutionally endorsed and accepted -- disease and healthcare sickcare is a multi-trillion dollar business ... and healthy people are not good for business.

We live in a clown world when Pepisco and Coke is dispensing nutrition advice while funding the American Diabetes foundation.

Now excuse me while I go drink my soy milk and eat my tofu lunch -- I have a pink dress I need to wash.
I legitimately spat out my drink by laughing at your hypothetical pink dress comment. Thanks for the laugh, MJ!

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona

MJ, are there any raw/natural vegan foods (not talking about processed foods) that you avoid in your diet? Do you particularly limit any specific natural foods?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, are there any raw/natural vegan foods (not talking about processed foods) that you avoid in your diet? Do you particularly limit any specific natural foods?

Not really. However there are some high-fiber veggies I try to limit as they can cause bloat and gas, things like brussel sprouts and cauliflower. I eat both, but anything over a cup tends to have some consequences.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011

Due to crazy high caloric density, nuts should be limited as it's super easy (at least for me) to eat way too much of them.

Same with dried fruits (including dates) though they probably count as processed foods and your question is about raw foods.

You could also add tubers (potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.) to this list as well as quinoa (not sure if you'd count it as processed), legumes (not only because of calories but because of a lot of fiber) and rice (whole grain since white would be quite heavily processed).

Levit

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, I should preface this by saying I'm not currently vegan/vegetarian (please don't kick me out just yet), but I have recently become more interested in the idea of changing my diet, mostly for health and to improve my energy levels. I'm someone that struggles with things like migraine headaches and I've been able to make improvements by cutting out 99% of sugars, diary etc and I'd like to keep improving.

I heard @MJ DeMarco talking about how much better he felt on a plant-based diet and I find that really intriguing.

Anything anyone can share would be appreciated -- resources/recommendations/advice wise about this sort of diet, how best to maintain it, suggestions for how to stay as healthy and energised on it

Haji Mastan

plutocrat-in-training
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
We live in a clown world when Pepisco and Coke is dispensing nutrition advice
add nestle to that list of bullshit companies that need to DIE FOREVER lol

Athena's Escape

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Jan 5, 2022
Virginia Beach, VA
Here you go, there's a whole thread for the topic. There's no shortage of cookbooks to help you up your game. Also Game Changers and Dominion are good documentaries on going plant-based (the word "vegan" is pejorative for the average person) although beware, Dominion will make you cry and leave you traumatized.
MJ, thank you! I remember watching Game Changers when it came out but then I saw folks online who'd supposedly "debunked" myths and misinformed claims it presented. I couldn't make sense of what to believe without a deep research dive I didn't have time for - so frustrating!o_O

I do believe how my own body feels though so I'll proceed accordingly. My body has felt better cutting out almost all meat. I eat fish on occasion but that's about it now.

Will definitely check out the thread and watch Dominion (with a tissue box on hand!)

I wasn't aware that vegan is considered pejorative but good to know!

Related: I'm noticing a lot of personal care products make it a point to say "vegan" and/or "cruelty-free" on their labels now if the products contain no animal products and aren't tested on animals. I suppose this would be another layer of not consuming products from sentient beings.

(I'm also still unclear about if fish feel pain but that's a separate rabbit hole.)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wasn't aware that vegan is considered pejorative but good to know!

Athena,

Tell people you're vegan and be prepared for an onslaught of comments and downright snide remarks. You think being an entrepreneur in a job culture is hard? Try being vegan in a meat/cruelty culture ... it is truly eye opening.

The "where do you get your protein" question is the funniest of all of them, ironically, from old fat people who are taking 6 medications.

I never had some many people care about my diet until I went vegan.

I wish you luck in your journey of discovery, it won't be easy. But being healthy (or unlike 99% of the world) never is.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
This month marks year 10 of me being a vegetarian.
A few things I've noticed:
  • It's so much easier now to go out to eat then it used to be
  • More men on the vegan/ vegetarian side then before which is nice on dating apps. Even the men who eat meat most of the time don't say anything negative about me being a vegetarian and if they do it's a red flag to avoid.
  • I save money at the grocery store not buying overpriced meat
  • I'm almost 30 so I get bloodwork done annually at my physical. This is the age where anyone who has a shitty diet has it start catching up to them where they get put on medications for XYZ. I'm not on anything and probably won't need to be for the next 15+ years. All my numbers look great and are pretty low even for my age range.

Alferez

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Nov 27, 2018

Yes, I recently had a bad experience with a fittness boy. He literally ask me 5 o 6 times how do I get all of my protein??? Sure champion, go and take all that tuna that probably has a lot of heavy metals...

But that's not my game, I don't question others people's life. Just shut up and leave my with my tupper of grass sir.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore