The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Vanity Phone Number Portfolio: Should I Sell or Generate Leads?

AUntrepreneur

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2019
I've accumulated some vanity phone numbers and I believe I have some that are valuable. I'm hoping to find someone in this market that could answer some questions about determining value and approaching potential buyers. Here are some of the better ones:

270-FOR-SALE (Bowling Green)
318-FOR-SALE (Shreveport)
785-FOR-SALE (Topeka)
816-FOR-SALE (Kansas City)
360-FOR-SALE (Vancouver, Wa)
920-FOR-SALE (Green Bay)
270-FOR-RENT (Bowling Green)
318-FOR-RENT (Shreveport)
785-FOR-RENT (Topeka)
816-FOR-RENT (Kansas City)
501-FOR-RENT (Little Rock)
678-LOCK-OUT (Atlanta)
323-NEW-LOAN (LA/Beverly Hills)

I'm considering 2 different paths:
  1. Selling: With proper marketing, these phone numbers could be extremely valuable to real estate brokerages, property managers, and individual realtors themselves. The last number would be great for a mortgage broker in LA. I'd love some feedback on potential values and finding buyers.
  2. Lead Generation: I could run marketing campaigns using the phone numbers in the individual cities. I would then sell the incoming leads. Think about a campaign for home loans in LA featuring 323-NEW-LOAN.
How can I best utilize these phone numbers? What could they be worth? If selling, how should I approach the process to get maximum value? Any other feedback is welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kid

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
God damn lol... those are some good phone numbers

Do you need all of them? I feel like you could keep one or two and rent out the rest.

I would see what types of offers you get for them.

Reactions: Kid

Kid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
You could ask some coder if you can attach those numbers to Twilio.
And rent them for campaigns.

It would be a 3rd option for you, and you wouldn't loose numbers forever (as in selling them).

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
lead gen ...... to real estate agents / property management companies ....
the ATL one to a locksmith ....
would try to rent out first .....
some ads and flyers in the towns ...... a phone service to answer and gather the lead ..... then sell the lead

or hell, post on the marketplace here the opportunity to rent your numbers and see if someone could build a lead gen business around it....

OP
OP
A

AUntrepreneur

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2019
lead gen ...... to real estate agents / property management companies ....
the ATL one to a locksmith ....
would try to rent out first .....
some ads and flyers in the towns ...... a phone service to answer and gather the lead ..... then sell the lead

or hell, post on the marketplace here the opportunity to rent your numbers and see if someone could build a lead gen business around it....
This is what I'm leaning towards. I have many other numbers that apply to different industries as well. If I could develop a good system, I'd think they could generate some decent revenue. I have no idea what what these are worth to someone, but with the right marketing, someone could take over their market.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
so what are the 3 things you will do today to make that happen?

spreng

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 1, 2019
Okay so, the LA one could make you bang on mortgages or other loan leads. I don't know the industry at all, but I imagine your phone number would need direct marketing from a website or ads. I don't know of a phone number by itself holding much value. It seems like you have a "nice to have" facet of a complex business without its core components.

OP
OP
A

AUntrepreneur

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2019
Okay so, the LA one could make you bang on mortgages or other loan leads. I don't know the industry at all, but I imagine your phone number would need direct marketing from a website or ads. I don't know of a phone number by itself holding much value. It seems like you have a "nice to have" facet of a complex business without its core components.
See, I think the number would be the main focus of the marketing. Some strategically placed 323-NEW-LOAN billboards and digitial ads would keep the phone ringing no matter the core components.

OP
OP
A

AUntrepreneur

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2019
God damn lol... those are some good phone numbers

Do you need all of them? I feel like you could keep one or two and rent out the rest.

I would see what types of offers you get for them.
Thanks! I think so too. I like the idea of renting them out.
You could ask some coder if you can attach those numbers to Twilio.
And rent them for campaigns.

It would be a 3rd option for you, and you wouldn't loose numbers forever (as in selling them).
Thanks. I haven't heard of this, but will look into it.

PizzaOnTheRoof

1% Better Every Day
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I second the renting idea.

Even at only $100/mo, that’s a cool $1,300/mo PASSIVE if you can get them all rented out.

Offer call tracking for an extra fee or value add.

Hmm I may be smelling a future business idea...:smuggy:

OP
OP
A

AUntrepreneur

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2019
I second the renting idea.

Even at only $100/mo, that’s a cool $1,300/mo PASSIVE if you can get them all rented out.

Offer call tracking for an extra fee or value add.

Hmm I may be smelling a future business idea...:smuggy:
Can't beat passive income. I have 73 very good numbers. I'll have to look into the logistics of something like this.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom