The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

VALUE OF MY APPLICATION

dalmat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 29, 2017
guadeloupe (france) and canada
Hi,

I'm working on creating an application.
Before I expose my concept to the world, I wonder if this will be good for the crowd.

Facebook is a great communication tool but it has so many things that people do not pay attention to the social level that is to join friends.

My job is to build a plate where people have access to information that let you know exactly what is going on around you.
Part of the problem is that I currently do not have the means to be paid with

I would like to have feedbacks please

Stephane dalmat

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi,

Before I expose my concept to the world, I wonder if this will be good for the crowd.
I mean, my concept is to create Facebook events without wanting to compete directly with them
Facebook is a great communication tool but it has so many things that people do not pay attention to the social level that is to join friends.
A few months ago, Me and my friends encountered a problem when it was time to go out somewhere.
We did not know which club or bar to choose because we did not know the best places to go out, we did not want to go on the night it sucks (music, no crown, ...) AND I heard people say : (Does anyone know the club, how much does it cost to enter tonight, what do you think there are people in the club ...?
I mean, have you ever hesitated to choose your outings because you did not know how it was going?
This is a problem I want to solve.
My job is to build a plate where people have access to information that let you know exactly what is going on around you.

Stephane dalmat

So like a "Whats HOT now"? Instead of products, clubs and locations?

Sounds like a good idea to me. There's nothing like this?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Hi,

I mean, my concept is to create Facebook events without wanting to compete directly with them
A few months ago, Me and my friends encountered a problem when it was time to go out somewhere.
We did not know which club or bar to choose because we did not know the best places to go out, we did not want to go on the night it sucks (music, no crown, ...) AND I heard people say : (Does anyone know the club, how much does it cost to enter tonight, what do you think there are people in the club ...?
I mean, have you ever hesitated to choose your outings because you did not know how it was going?
This is a problem I want to solve.

Stephane dalmat
If done correctly could be an amazing idea but a few mistakes could ruin your reputation e.g. if you sent hundreds of people to a 'hot' bar that turned out to be utter shite could be an issue.

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
Knowing whether a particular nightclub tonight is worth going to based on accurate data rather than shitty flyers given out in the street or whatever would be super convenient. There are numerous other application areas obviously but I see nightclubs as the easiest and most in demand market to tackle first. If you manage to get this problem solved, it will be super interesting to see how you get the data. User feedback is one channel but somewhat unreliable, getting info from organizers/owners is another but biased. Can aggregate data from open sources like FB, Instagram which could give some clues what is hot or not.

I think I read a couple years back about some app which would monitor where people are and show where the biggest crowds are. If the crowd is growing large, something is happening there. But I can't remember the name or whether it gained traction. Good luck!

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
You don't need a lot of users, just a circle of friends. Then you need a lot of circles of friends. I would suggest letting friends vote on where to go, and when enough have voted, the app determines where they will go. They could vote any of 4 ways for each club:
1) I will not go there
2) I do not want to go here (but will with the group)
3) I want to go here
4) I don't care either way

If 9 of 10 ten people in the group all wanted to go to a club, but the 10th person refused to go there, you'd have to decide what the app did (maybe it drops the 10th person from the outing).

If a group of say 5 or 10 people all go to a club, get a finders fee from the club. So if you send 100 people to the club, you get $25 from the club.

Read MJ's first book for an example of how he did this with Limos.

And don't do it for just Clubs, do it for any place a group of people might want to decide to go. Movies, bars, museums, etc. Call it something like "NightOut", "FlashShop", or whatever words the young people are using.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA

Ron Tester

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 2, 2015
Texas
I think your idea has potential, but I would test it like heck before I invested a lot of time/money in it. Come up with a Minimum Viable Product and see what people actually do with it. Try to figure out how you're going to monetize it. If advertising, will you be able to maintain some objectivity about what's hot and who's advertising on your app? Also, be mindful of Metcalfe's law—(roughly speaking) the value of a network is proportionate to the number of people in the network. So if you're determining "what's hot now" by app users' voting, you'll have to have enough user/voters to make the data meaningful.

Good luck!

Tim Allen Jr.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 6, 2017
virginia
I think it's a solid idea and well worth some more thinking on your part.

A couple of ideas:

1. Focus on core value/value prop first - you mentioned your friends wanted to know where (easy), how much (easier), how many people (maybe more difficult) were at specific clubs. Just having this information is solid enough. Essentially, dont try to build the moon, when all you need is a night light..... start small.

2. Plenty of different monetization options here - you'd be trying to get businesses to spend money - think yelp (promoted/sponsored postings), sponsored events, skip the cover and buy through the phone. Focus firstly on making sure it is you know exactly what value you can bring to consumers and then focus on the value you bring to businesses (more exposure). The money part will come from your learnings from figuring out what is is those people value.

Good luck though!

sciagniez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 12, 2017
United States
Nice advice :) like for you

Currently playing two games, these are the PoE and the Rocket League, in both of these games is very important to be the best PoE player. However, both RL and Path of Exile are very different.
1) In Rocket League you buy crates and keys to crates
2) In PoE you buy Exalted Orbs and Chaos Orbs, and sell them again or exchange for other poe orbs.
1) Rocket League is a combination of StuntGP and Destruction Derby along with some Soccer game - great and very playable, probably the best game on Playstation 4
2) Path of Exile is probably the best MMORPG game that has been released, maybe despite being a free game you still need to buy exalted, but it is not difficult

Last edited:

dalmat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 29, 2017
So like a "Whats HOT now"? Instead of products, clubs and locations?

Sounds like a good idea to me. There's nothing like this?

So, like "Whats HOT now"? Instead of products, clubs and locations?

That seems to be a good idea. Is there no such thing?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply !

And yes, I mean exactly like the most popular events using pre-defined criteria.

Last edited:

dalmat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 29, 2017
I think your idea has potential, but I would test it like heck before I invested a lot of time/money in it. Come up with a Minimum Viable Product and see what people actually do with it. Try to figure out how you're going to monetize it. If advertising, will you be able to maintain some objectivity about what's hot and who's advertising on your app? Also, be mindful of Metcalfe's law—(roughly speaking) the value of a network is proportionate to the number of people in the network. So if you're determining "what's hot now" by app users' voting, you'll have to have enough user/voters to make the data meaningful.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply,

This is actually What I am thinking about. I was thinking about selling statistics on customer reviews.
In agreement with you, you need traffic. I plan to rely on facebook to be done. In short, I will see where it is.

dalmat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 29, 2017
Knowing whether a particular nightclub tonight is worth going to based on accurate data rather than shitty flyers given out in the street or whatever would be super convenient. There are numerous other application areas obviously but I see nightclubs as the easiest and most in demand market to tackle first. If you manage to get this problem solved, it will be super interesting to see how you get the data. User feedback is one channel but somewhat unreliable, getting info from organizers/owners is another but biased. Can aggregate data from open sources like FB, Instagram which could give some clues what is hot or not.

I think I read a couple years back about some app which would monitor where people are and show where the biggest crowds are. If the crowd is growing large, something is happening there. But I can't remember the name or whether it gained traction. G

HI,

Thanks for the reply !
So I will seek information from customers on site. Objective criteria will be established. But for the synergy to be optimal, it will require a high percentage of users. That's why I'm going to start at a university.

Last edited:

dalmat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 29, 2017
You don't need a lot of users, just a circle of friends. Then you need a lot of circles of friends. I would suggest letting friends vote on where to go, and when enough have voted, the app determines where they will go. They could vote any of 4 ways for each club:
1) I will not go there
2) I do not want to go here (but will with the group)
3) I want to go here
4) I don't care either way

If 9 of 10 ten people in the group all wanted to go to a club, but the 10th person refused to go there, you'd have to decide what the app did (maybe it drops the 10th person from the outing).

If a group of say 5 or 10 people all go to a club, get a finders fee from the club. So if you send 100 people to the club, you get $25 from the club.

Read MJ's first book for an example of how he did this with Limos.

And don't do it for just Clubs, do it for any place a group of people might want to decide to go. Movies, bars, museums, etc. Call it something like "NightOut", "FlashShop", or whatever words the young people are using.

Thanks for the answer ,

Ouaw ! Good idea ! I didn't think about it. Because The synergy of the application leans on the validation of the presence of one numbers of information found in every place. Thanks to the tracking we can Got information without sending too much of notifications to the users. Because it can fast become redundant if there is no interest for him to answer has our poll has less good sure that He has something has to win.
I already read the book :) It is awesome ! In fact the goal is to help others to make money and save money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.