• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Value Capturing: Simple value creation for local businesses (Digital Marketing)

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by MakeItHappen, Dec 20, 2018.

1. MakeItHappen

MakeItHappen Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,665
    Hey guys & gals,
    I would like to get your feedback on a digital marketing service for local business. I think the idea could really provide good value but I have a hard time seeing how the service could charge enough to be worthwhile ones time.

Idea:
    Help local businesses to optimize there "Google My Business" listing to rank in the top 3 in the google search.
    A top 3 ranking gets your business shown right after the paid ads and above any organically ranking websites. So it's the best/highest organic visibility a local business can have.

Challenge:
    Optimizing a "Google My Business" listing is very simple and everyone can do it. So the value comes mainly from informing businesses about the value in optimizing there listing.

There is pretty much no repeat business and as the optimization can be done quite easy and fast there is also not a lot of money to be charged for it (given that businesses would even let you do the work instead of just doing it themselves once they know about the importance of it).

Soft Proof: I advised and helped three local businesses / freelancers in my network to optimize their listings. All of them could see the value in optimizing there listing. There rankings did improve and they were happy.

Value Capturing:
    I think there is a lot of value that can be provided to a lot of businesses but I think it's tough to capture some of the value in form of monetization.

The ideas I had for monetization are as follows:
    - Create a little video course /consulting package with DIY advice + the option to hire you
    - Sell an optimization package -> you do all the hands-on work for them

Dawid Paszko likes this.
  2. jcvlds

jcvlds JC Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,394
    The things that comes to the top of my mind is to bundle it a long with other high value related services you can offer them. If you build more value into your package, then you can price accordingly and capture some of the value.

As you said, I think JUST offering this one optimization may be a hard sell, but if you include it as part of a package with more related marketing services, then it may be easier to monetize it and capture some value for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MakeItHappen likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.