The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using FIVERR to promote eBooks

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Update on using Fiverr to promote some books.

I hired five people to do the promotions. On their end that included posting links and description and favorable reviews on places like facebook, twitter, and good reads. They did as promised and sent me pictures and links to check out. They reached something close to 1,000,000 people. Unfortunately, all of those people they reached were just other promotion spammers doing the same thing. I believe the end result was an extra 3 copies sold over what would have normally happened. Definitely not worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Update on using Fiverr to promote some books.

Thanks so much for sharing this. It's always a big help to know what doesn't work, so we can focus on what does. I was mulling doing the same thing, so I'm especially thankful to learn from your experience.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've extracted these posts from the Self-Pub success thread into it's own thread.

If anyone has other experiences using FiveR for publishing, please post here.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I used a couple of gigs when promoting the free days of my 2nd book. I don't believe it was worth the cost but it's pretty difficult to measure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XOthermic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
May 12, 2011
California
No shortcuts in life bro.

Getting someone to do something on Fivver is only going to get you $5 worth of value.

What I would do is get the person from fivver to give me the contact info for every book review person/company/ website.

Then I would go through that list and find maybe 5 people that would be worth my time becuase of their following or influence. I then would customize a package specially for them as to why they need to review my product/book/service hell I would even pay them if I know they do have an active and engaging audience they write to.

Good Luck. Stay away from the shortcuts. I have learned the hardway.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
After I lost my platform/website a few years ago, I decided to sell my ebook: Funding Your Minecraft Server on Fiverr.

On Fiverr, I sell 1-2 copies per week.
Book and accompanying worksheets are delivered via a 30mb Zip file that takes me 10 seconds to deliver.
So far I've had no refunds, 100% approval and it's launched me to become a level 1 seller.
I've had people contact me about licensing the book, repackaging it to their buyers, etc.

I plan on offering a "lite" version of Doctor Conversion's Mind Control Guide, with a $5 upsell to get the full version + audiobook.. make the up-sell irresistible. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.