The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Upward spirals of success

Anything related to matters of the mind

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
You ever have one of those days where your day starts off shitty?

That one event in the morning sets the tone for the day.
  • When things go wrong, things go wrong.
  • When things go great, things go great.
Success breeds success and failure breeds failure. I spent my five years of building businesses going through these spirals. For the first two years of my journey, it was failure after failure after failure. A downward spiral where nothing seemed to go right.

Then, one day, I had one small win.

One of my apps finally got approved by Apple, after getting rejected 16 times in a row. After about 958 days of failing, I finally had my first small success. I began making $30 per day from my iPhone apps. The next month, I built more apps. Approved. Approved. Approved.

A few months later, I noticed I was making five figures per month, I quit my job, and I began travelling. I spent two years driving from city to city across the country, doing work I love, filming motivational youtube videos in all the different cities and national parks. Life is a dream.

And then, one day, Apple changed their ranking algorithm, and it all crashed.
  • $78,000 in debt.
  • Single and alone.
  • Heart palpitations.
  • 40 pounds overweight.
It was as if one negative thing broke that upward spiral, and things piled on top of another. Everything quickly turned into one of the worst downward spirals of my life. When things went wrong...they went wrong. I felt stuck in the negative emotions, and I wasn't performing in a way that would break me free.

How do I break free?

But do you know the most interesting thing I learned from this experience?

It's not the events outside of us that cause the spirals. It's not luck. We are not a victim of our circumstances, and we can change the direction of these spirals at any given moment.

You can instantly break the negative pattern of downward spirals, and instantly transform the direction your life is going.

They call this a Pattern Interrupt

When you find yourself feeling caught in a downward spiral, or if you're so caught up in the negative life, that you don't even recognize that this is a downward spiral you could easily break free from right now, you want to do something to break the pattern.

Think of it this way - you are cuddling on the couch with your loved one, watching a nice movie on a Friday night. The mood is right, you feel amazing, and you're at peace, in love, and happy.

Someone in a mask kicks in the front door, holds you at gunpoint, while you get tied up, being held hostage, and you are left fighting for your life

See how quickly your emotional state can change?

But what if we can do the same for the positive?

I'm a firm believer in changing happening from within. What I do is hold the internal emotional state as if I already have the things I want to have in life. This one simple technique that takes about twenty seconds.

I did this with relationships today.

I just finished walking down Pearl Street Mall (an outdoor mall) in Boulder, Colorado, meditating by the creek, hearing the peaceful sounds of the river flow...

I held the feeling of being a relationship (after being single for a long long time).

Holding that internal feeling for 20 seconds was enough to break the pattern of my emotional state of feeling single.

Twenty minutes later, I'm just finishing recording a podcast, and I see a beautiful girl walking the trail in front of me. I run up to her with a smile on my face, and ask if she'd like to talk as we walk together.

We spend twenty minutes getting to know each other, and she smiled when I asked for her phone number. A few minutes later, another girl I've been talking to for a week said she'd like to hang out. I go walking some more, and I notice more girls smiling at me.

That one internal shift allowed me to break free of the negative state, have the confidence to approach this girl, and begin this upward spiral I feel myself caught in now.

For people who knew me in the past few years, this is the complete polar opposite of my dating life for a while.

For fitness, I started off walking easy hiking trails to break the pattern of being lazy. Between February and June, I lost 40 pounds. Business is going in an amazing direction, and I'm building a really transformative product, and all aeas of my life are now caught in that upward spiral of success.

When things go great, they go great.

The greatest lesson I learned recently is to be able to recognize if I'm in a downward spiral, and realizing that I can instantly change the direction, and break free of something I felt trapped in.

So this is about you, and not me....

Think of one area of your life where you may feel trapped in.

What pattern interrupt can you do to break the emotional state, and instantly transform into that upward spiral of success.

Hint: Hold the feelings of already having what you want for 20 seconds while meditating.

It doesn't matter how bad things look on the outside, because with this kind of change, it all begins on the inside...

When you feel yourself shifting to an upward spiral, you'll be emotionally aligned to take those actions such as hit the hiking trails or confidently say hi to that girl, or...begin the major growth phase of your business, right now.

You are in full control of the direction you are going in life...

Isn't it empowering when you realize that you're always in control of the direction you are going next, regardless of how things look on the outside, or what happened in the past?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
*Imagines for 20 seconds that I am Kanye West*

Yea, pretty sure I'm not slamming Kim K right now.

Can you point me to some empirical (if you don't know that word, I'd be happy to point you to Webster's) evidence and factual, LOGICAL a-b sound reasoning that demonstrate anything you say is functional, rational and sound science ?

I'd really love to see it. Go ahead, meditate and imagine that nlp isn't nonsense for 20 seconds, it might make it truth.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
*Imagines for 20 seconds that I am Kanye West*

Yea, pretty sure I'm not slamming Kim K right now.

Can you point me to some empirical (if you don't know that word, I'd be happy to point you to Webster's) evidence and factual, LOGICAL a-b sound reasoning that demonstrate anything you say is functional, rational and sound science ?

I'd really love to see it. Go ahead, meditate and imagine that nlp isn't nonsense for 20 seconds, it might make it truth.
There are people on here that follow these posts. Perhaps your goal is to steer them away or bias their opinions.

It seems to me that nothing negative will happen in your life if you choose to ignore the posts that you don't like. But, Andrew has the slight negative of having to digest this discontent with his information.

Good thing that it does not bother him too much.

Read something else more to your liking if you don't care for his information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

No. Instead, you're going to be the first person I'm adding to my ignore list.

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
Ya this happens all the time, mostly on a micro scale. Whenever I need to reset my thought pattern, I will reach out to people in my life who generally have healthy thought patterns. This isn't always people I know personally either, sometimes if my head is a mess I'll jump over to ZenHabits.net: a very peaceful calming blog that almost always sets my mind right if I stay on it long enough.

Or better example:

Whenever I feel isolated and lonely in my entrepreneur journey, I will come here and absorb the thoughts of great people like Andrew.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.