The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Updating The Outdated Mindset Into The Fastlane

Litoid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone, I've decided to join the forums today. I bought the book The Millionaire Fastlane on september 2017, and recently a few weeks ago i finished it.

What took me so long? Multiple insecurities, and the shiny object syndrome. (jumping around from one opportunity to another without even trying smart/hard). Procrastination, and lack of self confidence are still bugging me.

I'm from Ecuador. I'm a father of a 4 years old girl, 32 years old, and I've been chasing Internet opportunities since i met John Crestani (the guy who started my engine running, and mentioned these books in one of his videos... had to learn from his source what was all this about. Bought 2 books: The Millionaire Fastlane and 4-Hour Workweek).

I've went through multiple trials of affiliate marketing, clickbank university / info-digital product creations-promotions, multilevel marketing, forex/crypto trading... all in the attempt to make quick gains. The fact is the fastest i wanted the result, the further the goal went away. And this brought massive losses (specially trading at forex/crypto). I learnt my lesson, quick is never safe just as driving fast is never safe.

After my big loss, i tried to look back at my errors. Trying to do it all by myself is the biggest one. So i decided i need to join a group, no one near me at my city is different from those in the rat-race. Whenever i speak about doing something different, they all think I'm crazy losing my time and being not responsible to keep my child's future safe. Being around these kind of people drag me to the slowlane. Not even my partner appears to trust this system. So why not join a community who "gets" the fastlane mindset? Here I am, sharing my story for the first time.

I'm finishing psychology career in less than a year as my plan B in case nothing else works, this way i have something to back my future as a regular psychologist, in a "normal" 1-1 therapy service, etc. Right now i am -unemployed-, and has been for a year. Convinced that i could do something by my own lost a year without positive results, just experiences of what not to do.

How do i live? well, parents. This brings a big weight over my shoulders as i feel every penny as a debt i must repay. I refuse to get a normal job, and i may have this asperger's syndrome which disallows me to follow social rules or step away from my stubborn ambition of cracking the code to wealth and live rich for a lifetime.

Long story short, i need to act fast, break free from financial stress and every psychological damages. Start making my ideas into reality to help as many people as i can. My dream is Conscientia. The latin words stands for Knowledge shared with others. Being in the know, Consciousness, the reconnection of mankind with their spirituality to redirect their life into their purpose is my motive. It's what i feel i came into this Earth for. It's the project of my life, to share as much knowledge as possible to connect people with the solution to their problem in every aspect of health: physical, mental and spiritual.

I'm vegan, i resonate with yoga teachings, meditations, DHT-ayahuasca, animals and plants, and every holistic health's related activity. For this matter is that i have this urgency of quickening people's awakening process, some are taking too long. Money won't save them, doctors are not doing their job, and the big industries are profiting out of people's health. This is my niche, this is my vision and reason.

My dad says there's 3 top profitable niches in the world: Education, Health and Food. I cannot avoid the importance of the new age of education: Information Digital Products such as courses, webinars, ebooks, and every other method that shares knowledge about holistic health. And of course, you cannot be in perfect harmony with yourself if you are not aware of your holistic nutrition.

After finishing reading this book, as 2019's objectives i studied the 5 commandments that perfectly fits my idea. I wanted originally to create a website to connect people with services/products to aid them in their journey. I stepped into multiple mental walls such as "why would anyone buy from me? there are already multiple offers out there" why do something everyone is already doing... I aim to use psychology via online.

Well the book answered it, i can do it better. There's no one doing it as i want it to be done.

Many years ago, when i first met my partner, a tarot reader approached to us and read me for free. He said he felt the need to do it. And in my set multiple gold cards appeared, he said i will be a very wealthy guy with lots of knowledge to be shared with people through books. That I'm going to be a successful author. That was more than 4 years ago, back then i laughed and never paid attention. Last week, the idea came back into me. Was it a divine message? i don't know, I've practiced reading tarot and it's magical how it connects with people so well but when it comes to me i get skeptical.

My main language is Spanish and that's another block i have. Should i create content in english based on the market being bigger? I could connect with people better in spanish as i am living in a spanish speaking country. I don't want to finish creating a website/book just to realize the market is too small to actually profit. There's also seem to be a pattern, spanish people searching for different things than english people are via the internet. Spanish people are still too skeptical to find answers via the internet.

Fast forward to the present; I want to be a writer now, a digital writer. Books, articles, podcasts, audiobooks... whatever i can use as a channel of communication. I'm good at talking, i should be at writing. I always wonder if people can really understand my message though, i tend to talk too much or fear people getting bored (or that's my mind tells me).

--
Somewhere in the book TMF i read something about books being in the fastlane mindset, and i feel i can write a lot of stuff for all ages (including kids) and people around the world.

I just want to thank MJ DeMarco for writing this awesome book, it's my favorite from all my collection. I will always talk about it, and somehow it triggered my interest into joining the retribution: writing stuff that matters and changes people's life forever.

Any opinions or experiences shared is appreciated, this is my welcome post.

I hope to be active around, i'll start reading posts as soon as i can.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks if you took the time to read through it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@Litoid
I'm onboard with much of what you are saying. Switched my way of thinking a number of years ago.

I agree with the fact that we are all connected to ourselves and that we know a "lot". But, we have conditioned ourselves to not listen to what is being presented to us. All the things that are constantly presented, our intuition and impulses are overlooked.

We create our reality and our experiences through what we do and how we act and react. Everything is filtered through our belief systems. They color our world and experiences. They determine how we react which in turn creates our reality.

There is NO urgency to anything though. We will accomplish what our desires are but that will not happen the way we think they are going to. Our perception of the world is what is creating our reality. Not what we think.... what we perceive. The question becomes, will we walk across the street to get it... or... travel thousands of miles. It all depends on how connected you are to yourself and those around you.

We all take this life much too seriously. Smile, relax, do what you want, and listen to yourself. Even in the worst of circumstances. Realize what you have created and if you want to change it.

Welcome to the forum. It is refreshing to see someone that shares my basic premise.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!

My dad says there's 3 top profitable niches in the world: Education, Health and Food.
There's another two good niches: time and security

Think weight-loss programs and your computer antivirus.

Long story short, i need to act fast, break free from financial stress and every psychological damages. Start making my ideas into reality to help as many people as i can. My dream is Conscientia. The latin words stands for Knowledge shared with others. Being in the know, Consciousness, the reconnection of mankind with their spirituality to redirect their life into their purpose is my motive. It's what i feel i came into this Earth for. It's the project of my life, to share as much knowledge as possible to connect people with the solution to their problem in every aspect of health: physical, mental and spiritual.
This!

I've felt that's what I'm here on earth to do as well. Thanks for putting it into words.

My main language is Spanish and that's another block i have. Should i create content in english based on the market being bigger? I could connect with people better in spanish as i am living in a spanish speaking country. I don't want to finish creating a website/book just to realize the market is too small to actually profit. There's also seem to be a pattern, spanish people searching for different things than english people are via the internet. Spanish people are still too skeptical to find answers via the internet.
You may be more confident to start selling locally.

If that is so, yes, Spanish might be helpful if that is the language of the locals.

You could do English, and then have a Spanish version. Or the other way round.

Have you checked out other local websites/books of your target field in Spanish? How do the customers respond to them? Do they visit them very often? Talk about them? Competitors can tell you something.

Right now i am -unemployed-, and has been for a year.
And you have a child...

Do you have savings? Any source of income at the moment to pay the bills?

Litoid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 31, 2019
There's another two good niches: time and security

Think weight-loss programs and your computer antivirus.

True. I shared my father's vision from 1940. Time has changed, and now i see a niche that is incredible which is psychology-everything. There's psychology in every topic out there, have you seen people add "neuro" before a word? That's psychology. Neuro Marketing, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Neuro Education, etc. A lot of people talk about it in every niche, and we should.

It's the best thing we can learn as we need to understand how people think - psychology is literally the study of the mind (psyche was meant to be soul, later changed into mind). Security is part of psychology, who doesn't want to feel safe? safe from stress, safe from worries, safe from insecurities. Same with time, as it's not a real matter but really depends on our perception.

This!

I've felt that's what I'm here on earth to do as well. Thanks for putting it into words.

And i speak freely about it since i know a lot of people resonate with it. Yet it still sounds like a forbidden or hidden topic to many.. I like to see it as we came here to be drivers (soul) in our vehicules (body) to complete a race, with many laps. Each one with new experiences and obstacles. There's a lot of traffic in here, and many vehicles without proper maintenance will not the end race well.

That race is this lifetime. And we don't race alone, never a selfish goal.
We go together as one, helping anyone in our way to the end.

You may be more confident to start selling locally.

If that is so, yes, Spanish might be helpful if that is the language of the locals.

You could do English, and then have a Spanish version. Or the other way round.

Have you checked out other local websites/books of your target field in Spanish? How do the customers respond to them? Do they visit them very often? Talk about them? Competitors can tell you something.

The main 2 reasons i prefer english:

1. I like the most reading in English. Less words to say more. "Write what you would love to read" is an advice some writers give about it.
  2. The audience pool is a lot bigger. almost 4X according to Facebook's engine.

[GALLERY=media, 174]Comparing Audience - ENG \ SPA by Litoid posted Feb 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM[/GALLERY]

When i see the numbers Facebook provides (330.000.000 spanish speakers vs 1.300.000.000 english speakers) i feel attracted to focus in the bigger pool. The higher the audience, the higher the rate of people looking at my content. Right? ....

well i guess i could be blind, as i could be the leading content in spanish. I used to complain that there is nothing of quality to be found in spanish. "Everything you whine about can be an opportunity" is one the best things i learnt from the book Fastlane Millionaire.

I think I'm gonna write in spanish, as i should focus in helping humans and not have cash as priority. And i plan on staying here, i like my country Ecuador. It's blessed with a lot of variety of fruits and vegetables. It's the vegan's paradise, as some say.

---

And no, i don't have an income right now. I wish i had a different family who taught me before how to do business and not depend on them. 32 years old, never had a real job. Used to work with them in a traditional school my family owns, hated it. The education system rules they are obligated to follow, the uniform, the haircut obligation, the waking up early, how the work has consumed my parents.. not my road, i quit. 1 Year has passed since then.. I'm currently stuck at this phase.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007