The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[UPDATE] One Simple Idea's Stephen Key Webinar & Upcoming Call

Idea threads

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
UPDATE #2
UPDATE #2
UPDATE #2

Learn how to license your ideas for royalties and get big companies working for you!

Successful Inventor Stephen Key and inventRight Co-Founder Andrew Krauss
will be doing an hour of Q&A just for Fastlane members on...

Tuesday, February 3rd.

• 3pm Pacific Time
  • 4pm Mountain Time
  • 5pm Central Time
  • 6pm Eastern Time
Watch their full one hour video on the fastlane below Then attend the Q&A
session on February 3rd to ask any any question you may have about
licensing your ideas for royalties.

Please register at the link below:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5698370007891780353

Watch the video above, take notes and prepare your questions for the upcoming call!

==================================================

We are fortunate to have Stephen Key (@StephenKey) host an upcoming Q&A conference call for our Fastlane Forum community!

Many thanks goes out to @TedM for helping get this all set up. Thanks Ted! :tiphat:

Stephen Key is the author of One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work.

He has successfully licensed more than 20 simple ideas that have generated billions of dollars of revenue. His “10 Steps to Bring Your Idea to Market” course, which can be found at www.inventright.com, has attracted more than 10,000 students around the world.

Turn your one simple idea into millions—without lifting a finger!
“Ever heard of Teddy Ruxpin or Lazer Tag? Both have Stephen Key’s mark on them. He is the Yoda or ‘renting’ ideas for serious passive income. From how-to to war stories, this is a great book.”
—Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Workweek

“Mr. Key’s brilliance, wisdom, and insight will make you rich. Buy this book!”
—Mark Victor Hansen, bestselling author and co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul® series

“Stephen Key turns conventional inventing ‘wisdom’ on its head and clearly outlines how anyone can earn a meaningful income with One Simple Idea.”
—Tamara Monosoff, founder of Mom Invented® and author of The Mom Inventors Handbook andYour Million Dollar Dream

The developer of such lucrative products as Michael Jordan’s WallBall®, the Spinformation® rotating label, and HotPicks® guitar picks, he knows better than anyone how to make a great living as an entrepreneur. Key develops ideas for new products, licenses them out, collects royalty checks, and doesn’t look back. You can do it, too. All you need is One Simple Idea.

Stephen Key is a successful award-winning inventor and entrepreneur. A holder of over thirteen patents, Stephen's products have sold in Wal-Mart, 7 Eleven, Disney Stores and theme parks worldwide and have been endorsed by basketball great Michael Jordan and Jeopardy host Alex Trebek. Stephen's innovative Spinformation rotating label has been licensed for use on many products including a product called Accudial. Accudial shows parents how to dose their child's liquid medication by weight versus traditional age, making it more accurate. Stephen is also a member of the Board of Directors of Accudial Pharmaceuticals. Accudial is the recipient of the Product of the Year Award for Canada as well as a finalist in the 2011 Edison Awards.

Recognized as an outstanding leader in the field of innovation, Stephen has appeared on national television numerous times, including an appearance on the CNBC show "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch" and as an expert guest on "Dr. Phil". Stephen has been interviewed by national magazines, newspapers, and authors such as Tim Ferris ("The 4-Hour Work Week") and Donny Deutsch ("The Big Idea"). Stephen was also a consultant on the first season of the hit ABC reality TV show "American Inventor", created by Simon Cowell. Stephen was a keynote speaker at the US Patent & Trademark Office 14th Annual Independent Inventor Conference in November 2009.

Along with business partner Andrew Krauss, Stephen co-founded inventRight, a company dedicated to educating inventors, entrepreneurs, or anyone with an idea the necessary steps to build wealth through licensing. Stephen is also the licensing and inventing expert at AllBusiness.com (A Dun & Bradstreet Company).

@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DaisyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Nov 11, 2014
Canada
We are fortunate to have Stephen Key (@StephenKey) host an upcoming Q&A conference call for our Fastlane Forum community!

Many thanks goes out to @TedM for helping get this all set up. Thanks Ted! :tiphat:

Stephen Key is the author of One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work.

He has successfully licensed more than 20 simple ideas that have generated billions of dollars of revenue. His “10 Steps to Bring Your Idea to Market” course, which can be found at www.inventright.com, has attracted more than 10,000 students around the world.

Turn your one simple idea into millions—without lifting a finger!
“Ever heard of Teddy Ruxpin or Lazer Tag? Both have Stephen Key’s mark on them. He is the Yoda or ‘renting’ ideas for serious passive income. From how-to to war stories, this is a great book.”
—Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Workweek

“Mr. Key’s brilliance, wisdom, and insight will make you rich. Buy this book!”
—Mark Victor Hansen, bestselling author and co-creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul® series

“Stephen Key turns conventional inventing ‘wisdom’ on its head and clearly outlines how anyone can earn a meaningful income with One Simple Idea.”
—Tamara Monosoff, founder of Mom Invented® and author of The Mom Inventors Handbook andYour Million Dollar Dream

The developer of such lucrative products as Michael Jordan’s WallBall®, the Spinformation® rotating label, and HotPicks® guitar picks, he knows better than anyone how to make a great living as an entrepreneur. Key develops ideas for new products, licenses them out, collects royalty checks, and doesn’t look back. You can do it, too. All you need is One Simple Idea.

Stephen Key is a successful award-winning inventor and entrepreneur. A holder of over thirteen patents, Stephen's products have sold in Wal-Mart, 7 Eleven, Disney Stores and theme parks worldwide and have been endorsed by basketball great Michael Jordan and Jeopardy host Alex Trebek. Stephen's innovative Spinformation rotating label has been licensed for use on many products including a product called Accudial. Accudial shows parents how to dose their child's liquid medication by weight versus traditional age, making it more accurate. Stephen is also a member of the Board of Directors of Accudial Pharmaceuticals. Accudial is the recipient of the Product of the Year Award for Canada as well as a finalist in the 2011 Edison Awards.

Recognized as an outstanding leader in the field of innovation, Stephen has appeared on national television numerous times, including an appearance on the CNBC show "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch" and as an expert guest on "Dr. Phil". Stephen has been interviewed by national magazines, newspapers, and authors such as Tim Ferris ("The 4-Hour Work Week") and Donny Deutsch ("The Big Idea"). Stephen was also a consultant on the first season of the hit ABC reality TV show "American Inventor", created by Simon Cowell. Stephen was a keynote speaker at the US Patent & Trademark Office 14th Annual Independent Inventor Conference in November 2009.

Along with business partner Andrew Krauss, Stephen co-founded inventRight, a company dedicated to educating inventors, entrepreneurs, or anyone with an idea the necessary steps to build wealth through licensing. Stephen is also the licensing and inventing expert at AllBusiness.com (A Dun & Bradstreet Company).

More details about the upcoming Q&A call will be forthcoming. We will update this thread once we've nailed down the exact date and time.

Until then Stephen and Andrew would like to share a pre-recorded webinar and invite everyone to watch as it will provide a greater understanding of what they teach and it will better prepare you for the Q&A call.

Watch the video above, take notes and prepare your questions for the upcoming call!

@MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Stephen Key is the real deal. If anyone hasn't read his book, One Simple Idea, I highly recommend it. He lays out a logical approach to people who have an idea for a new product/invention into do-able, actionable steps to monetize it through licensing. Licensing is a billion dollar a year worldwide business and a viable alternative for those who have ideas but not the interest or wherewithal to venture them.

I have learned a lot through the Inventright website and Stephen & Andrew even provide a list of companies on there that are open to outside innovations, i.e. possible licensees.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Besides Mr. Key, do we have any members on this forum who successfully license their ideas?

Edit: ...and @TedM. Also, thank you two for scheduling the Q&A!

Last edited:

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
Last edited by a moderator:

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Have you read Vigilante's thread?
No, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I searched for "licensing" about 20 minutes ago and found your thread Starting with Patents and Licensing. I'm nearly finished with it. When I do, I will read through the thread you suggested.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Stephen Key is a must listen to interview. Having spoken with him personally, he's inspiring. He's the kind of guy you would want to sit by a fire and listen to for hours.

He approaches licensing from the opposite end of the spectrum than we do. We take someone's existing IP and license it for use on consumer products. Stephen takes one simple idea, patents it, and sells it (or rents it) to companies for licensing income.

I would also highly recommend you pick up his book One Simple Idea, or his book One Simple Idea for Entrepreneurs.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
do we have any members on this forum who successfully license their ideas?

I've sold 8 licenses and collect royalties... ;)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Plus, we licensed a celebrity's IP, put it on a product, and then sold the license agreement to another entity to operate.

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
So, what have y'all thought of the video? Any feedback?

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
So, what have y'all thought of the video? Any feedback?
The video was eye-opening. I never considered licensing as a viable solution for my ideas. As a result, they have accumulated on a list, constrained by my free time (however scarce), lack of capital, or some other excuse.

Simply put: It no longer feels wasteful to brainstorm when it doesn't have to do with my current business. Instead, it's another road to wealth that can be easily managed. Case-in-point, I liked when Stephen and Andrew spoke about creating a prototype without having the physical product. If you can create a mock-up using software, that's often enough. It doesn't get much easier than that.

Again, thank you for sharing; I'm anxiously looking forward to the call!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
BUMP!

Within the next few days I hope to have this call scheduled for sometime in early to mid January.

If you haven't watched the video above take some time to do so and be sure to take notes and prepare some great questions for the upcoming call.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Thanks Allen, looking forward to your updates.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

KingLionel17

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
340%
Nov 25, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Thanks @AllenCrawley , @TedM & anyone else who was involved in getting this conference call set up! The webinar that was linked was very insightful and full of some great information and key points that can help newcomers like me in the Licensing game.

Can't wait for the call!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
UPDATE
UPDATE

UPDATE

Learn how to license your ideas for royalties and get big companies working for you!

Successful Inventor Stephen Key and inventRight Co-Founder Andrew Krauss
will be doing an hour of Q&A just for Fastlane members on...

Tuesday, February 3rd.

• 3pm Pacific Time
  • 4pm Mountain Time
  • 5pm Central Time
  • 6pm Eastern Time
Watch their full one hour video on the fastlane HERE. Then attend the Q&A
session on February 3rd to ask any any question you may have about
licensing your ideas for royalties.

[The OP has also been updated with this information]

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread stuck.

Important reminder, watch the video before preparing a question.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
Just completed the book One Simple Idea - highly recommended!!! - what an eye opener. Maybe after 20 years of neglecting this part of my creativity this will open the way for the Fastlane that is the one I need.

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER