The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Shabeer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Hello,

Many of you will know me by now. If not, here's a quick run down. I'm 20-years-old, still live with my parents (thinking about moving out), and I am working on my YouTube Channel and a website service I created for competitive FIFA players (one that fills a need in the market). My YouTube channel is more of a hobby and slowlane business that I hope to turn fastlane very soon, I have almost 10k subscribers in 10 months (not bad, could be much better). And for the past three weeks, I have been contacting influencers in my industry who have YouTube channels to promote my site. Got a few responses where people loved the site and idea, but didn't promote it or contact me further. I have also run Facebook Ads, and spent about $30 of the $100 promotion I have running for the next 12 days, and I have garnered 491 website clicks, but no registrations or active users from it. I currently have 53 registered users, and obviously would love to make that number 2-5 million (FIFA community is HUGE)! I have been thinking about running google adwords, but have seen countless stories of nooby startup companies drowning themselves in debt because of clicks. My problem is, I'm not selling anything, so I'm not sure if Adwords would pay off for me. I'm still trying to learn how to drive more traffic to my site, and mostly working on organic trying to bring in more organic traffic to the site. I've also been promoting to my social media for free (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and that's where the organic viewership has come from (the first 53 registered users as well). Here's my website btw, for those wondering - FIFA 17 Ultimate Team, eSports, Player Profiles & Competitive Community

I need some help.
Most days, I get discouraged by the number of visitors to my site, and I often don't work on my site for 2-3 days in a row (I understand procrastination is a horrible habit that I'm trying to get rid of atm). How can I improve that? And how on god's green Earth do I approach this idea and EXECUTE to make my dreams a reality. Ideas are worthless without action, and I am currently in search for the key to unlock my door. Does anyone have any video/book recommendations on website traffic/getting registered users to a service or social media-type site?

Also when it comes to getting influencers to use and promote my site, how much money should I offer? How should I approach them? I trust the answers on this forum over the internet, but should no one have an answer for me, I will do more thorough research. I have currently sent emails to influencer without a dollar figure being offered, but asking them to contact me if interested, and then we will talk price (this could be my mistake right here).

And, is there anything I'm missing that I can do? Whether it's my mindset, mentality, approach, website design or usability. ANYTHING. Feel free to reply to this thread! :)
Thanks,
Shabeer

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hello,

Many of you will know me by now. If not, here's a quick run down. I'm 20-years-old, still live with my parents (thinking about moving out), and I am working on my YouTube Channel and a website service I created for competitive FIFA players (one that fills a need in the market). My YouTube channel is more of a hobby and slowlane business that I hope to turn fastlane very soon, I have almost 10k subscribers in 10 months (not bad, could be much better). And for the past three weeks, I have been contacting influencers in my industry who have YouTube channels to promote my site. Got a few responses where people loved the site and idea, but didn't promote it or contact me further. I have also run Facebook Ads, and spent about $30 of the $100 promotion I have running for the next 12 days, and I have garnered 491 website clicks, but no registrations or active users from it. I currently have 53 registered users, and obviously would love to make that number 2-5 million (FIFA community is HUGE)! I have been thinking about running google adwords, but have seen countless stories of nooby startup companies drowning themselves in debt because of clicks. My problem is, I'm not selling anything, so I'm not sure if Adwords would pay off for me. I'm still trying to learn how to drive more traffic to my site, and mostly working on organic trying to bring in more organic traffic to the site. I've also been promoting to my social media for free (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and that's where the organic viewership has come from (the first 53 registered users as well). Here's my website btw, for those wondering - FIFA 17 Ultimate Team, eSports, Player Profiles & Competitive Community

I need some help.
Most days, I get discouraged by the number of visitors to my site, and I often don't work on my site for 2-3 days in a row (I understand procrastination is a horrible habit that I'm trying to get rid of atm). How can I improve that? And how on god's green Earth do I approach this idea and EXECUTE to make my dreams a reality. Ideas are worthless without action, and I am currently in search for the key to unlock my door. Does anyone have any video/book recommendations on website traffic/getting registered users to a service or social media-type site?

Also when it comes to getting influencers to use and promote my site, how much money should I offer? How should I approach them? I trust the answers on this forum over the internet, but should no one have an answer for me, I will do more thorough research. I have currently sent emails to influencer without a dollar figure being offered, but asking them to contact me if interested, and then we will talk price (this could be my mistake right here).

And, is there anything I'm missing that I can do? Whether it's my mindset, mentality, approach, website design or usability. ANYTHING. Feel free to reply to this thread! :)
Thanks,
Shabeer
Could you explain the service that you are providing a little bit more? Also, after looking at your website it could definitely use a lot of work.

Before trying to drive traffic make sure that your website is capable of fulfilling its promise (which it does not look like at first glance.)

Shabeer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Could you explain the service that you are providing a little bit more? Also, after looking at your website it could definitely use a lot of work.

Before trying to drive traffic make sure that your website is capable of fulfilling its promise (which it does not look like at first glance.)

Sure. My site is basically a hub for competitive FIFA players (almost like a social media service). You get to create your personalized fifa player profile, communicate and engage with the best fifa players (to improve your game), see the teams their using and what they're doing right so you can learn, and better your game. You can also engage in healthy discussions in the forums, participate in monthly tournaments with prizes (that I'll be running), you'll be getting all your information on the competitive FIFA scene that you need (i.e. events, qualifying months, and eSports teams), and lastly, I'll be providing pages and posts that will help improve FIFA player's games (i.e. I recently added the best formations in FIFA 17, and how to use them - FIFA 17 Best Formations Guide for FIFA Ultimate Team - FUT Iconz

But thank you for letting me know. Where and how can I improve my site?

hatedsalesrep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 2, 2017
Orlando, FL
Not the guy above but it does give off a "bland" look. If you go down at home many of the categories are jumbled up and its hard to understand what I am clicking. Also I didn't spot the Create an account box until almost a minute on the site.

Also, like the guy said above I can't quite understand what it is you are trying to display based on the site. Obviously I understand because you mentioned it here but otherwise I'd be confused. If I had to give a suggestion(you don't have to listen to what I say) would be put it on maintenance mode and make it more compact. By compact I mean take out some stuff...It looks like you are working on trying to build on your site so many different options that you are getting the big picture off. Pick one thing you want to focus on NOW(say a discussion forum, or a "intro to ultimate" guide) and just focus on that.

I wouldn't pay anything for adwords yet. Focus on the quality of the site because Google's ranking algorithm "Rank-Brain" measures all of that and no matter how much $ you shell, it won't hold up on google's search engine

Regardless you are taking action as it is which can be said its more than a lot of other people(myself included) best of luck to ya mate

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Sure. My site is basically a hub for competitive FIFA players (almost like a social media service). You get to create your personalized fifa player profile, communicate and engage with the best fifa players (to improve your game), see the teams their using and what they're doing right so you can learn, and better your game. You can also engage in healthy discussions in the forums, participate in monthly tournaments with prizes (that I'll be running), you'll be getting all your information on the competitive FIFA scene that you need (i.e. events, qualifying months, and eSports teams), and lastly, I'll be providing pages and posts that will help improve FIFA player's games (i.e. I recently added the best formations in FIFA 17, and how to use them - FIFA 17 Best Formations Guide for FIFA Ultimate Team - FUT Iconz

But thank you for letting me know. Where and how can I improve my site?
@ambrosinibello Hit a few things that I would have hit. To be honest I cannot tell you exactly what needs to be done because I am not experienced with making websites. I am sorry that I wasn't able to make my criticism constructive. I am sure there are users on here who can point you in the right direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.