The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Upcoming Racing Driver and Entrepreneur

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Hey Everyone,

I’ve been at the forum for over 2 years now, and have got to know and become friends with some awesome members here. Currently getting mentored by @SinisterLex .

I'm currently freelancing and taking steps to become a true Fastlane entrepreneur. I’ve been making progress doing content and copywriting for a specific industry, and am always looking to get to the next level in my business.

I’m also an upcoming formula car racing driver, supported by my awesome parents. I’ve been really fortunate for many things in my life, and am taking action to progress further in this sport fueled by cash.

Too long I’ve been lurking here. I'm committed to being more active on this forum, and I’d appreciate any kick up the backside if I need one ;)

Let's go!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
How long have you been up and coming?

I don't know how the formula racing goes but here is how several people I know made it big time. For example Christopher Bell. One day we were trying to get him to drive our sprintcar and the next thing we knew he was flying to Charlotte to test a Nasscar truck. Lots of Nasscar guys at dirt tracks and it has paid off for some.... take Kyle Larson as another example. Several people that I know have gone to drive in ARCA but they just couldn't find the funds to take the next step. Jeffrey Abbey is an up and coming racer with a few Nasscar truck rides but unless he finds a lot of money some place, he won't be able to make the next step. Is it the same way in the Formula world?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

I don't know how the formula racing goes but here is how several people I know made it big time. For example Christopher Bell. One day we were trying to get him to drive our sprintcar and the next thing we knew he was flying to Charlotte to test a Nasscar truck. Lots of Nasscar guys at dirt tracks and it has paid off for some.... take Kyle Larson as another example. Several people that I know have gone to drive in ARCA but they just couldn't find the funds to take the next step. Jeffrey Abbey is an up and coming racer with a few Nasscar truck rides but unless he finds a lot of money some place, he won't be able to make the next step. Is it the same way in the Formula world?

Definitely, perhaps even worse. Cash is king, unless you are extremely talented. This is probably the case in every branch of motorsport.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK

I've been racing for 5 years now. Started in kart racing, and actually race shifter karts every now and then.

It's the same case in formula cars. Maybe even more so, because of the gigantic costs of racing in it. This year I've raced in Formula Renault and we had to pay around $150K for the season. That too I got a discount from the team, who sees potential in me.

Every day on track in formula cars costs thousands, so to even show your talent. You've got to come up with some cash. Unless you're at the right place, at the right time, and meeting the right people (who are loaded or have connections) ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
It's the same case in formula cars. Maybe even more so, because of the gigantic costs of racing in it. This year I've raced in Formula Renault and we had to pay around $150K for the season. That too I got a discount from the team, who sees potential in me.

Very impressive.

I started following F1 more since the entry of Stoffel Vandoorne and Max Verstappen.

I'm definitely interested in knowing your name so I can follow you too.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I guess that is one of the good thing about dirt track racing, the hot laps before the race begins is only a few minutes long so if my driver doesn't some how wreck of flip, hot laps (practice) doesn't cost but $30. But if he flips... which does happen, it usually costs $3k minimum. That's on an easy flip. lol I rarely watch racing on tv and never formula but if we know your name I will watch some.

You should be at the Chili Bowl in a few weeks.... lots of racers from all different series will be there. Including all the guys with big budgets looking for a good up and coming driver to be the next Christopher Bell or Erik Jones. Tony Stewart will be working the track and lots of other guys are usually there.... Kasey Kayne, Kyle Larson, Danica and many more including other series.

It's no secret that a lot of the Nasscar guys are at the Snowball Derby every year (Kyle Busch won a couple of weeks ago). This weekend was the race in St. Louis where many Nasscar guys were. Erik Jones was basically found by Kyle at the Snowball Derby.

I know these aren't Formula guys but I'm sure Formula guys go some where and I bet a few even go to the Chili Bowl. These people are very approachable, except Tony. But Tony does know them all.... if you should ever see him and he snubs you, ask him to tell you about the party in Lincoln, Nebraska where he paid for the dancers. Maybe that will get is attention. That was like mid 90's. Anyway.... get out to these local tracks when the big name guys are going to be there. Meet fans and turn them in to sponsors. When you least expect someone to be a race fan is when you will find them to be a race fan. And race fans like to spend money on racing. Talk it up to everyone you see. Drivers can't be afraid to basically beg for money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...