The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted Motivation- Poking the Piñata.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
pinata.jpg

"Poking the piñata" was a concept in Unscripted that really resonated with me. If you think about it, it is a really good metaphor. The piñata is the market. Full of money. Waiting to be smacked wide open. We try and try (poke) to open it up, but it doesn't break. Unfortunately many of us give up before we can hit it hard enough to make it open. We either get discouraged and give up or are no longer willing to do what it takes to make the piñata open up. At what point do you try to find another piñata? When do you chalk it up as a loss and move on. The problem is that some of us move on just when the piñata is about to break. So how do you know when it is time? If you know that all you need to do is keep whacking it, why stop? Why not just keep whacking? The same exact thing will happen if you get brand new piñata. What then? Your problem isn't a bad, defective piñata, your problem is YOU and your unwillingness to do the work to open it up. Your unwillingness to create a product or service worthy of opening it. You never failed enough times to succeed. Maybe you didn't want it bad enough... Maybe you're trying to hit too many piñatas.

So what are you going to do? Keep hitting until you see cash or quit and walk away? You decide.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Ahhh YES, when I read that part of the book, I swore MJ was personally speaking to me and saying, "Melissa, get your a$$ OUT of your own way!" Lol. I blame no one but Myself for my Failures from my past venture because I poked that piñata without much effort.

I was about to get my business going by getting back in with TMF and then Unscripted came out, so I jumped at the opportunity with the book, Action Action Action is the name of the game now (of course so is Assessing and Adjusting).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007