The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Unscripted has brought me back to my senses.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Hi all, my name is Scott, I'm 25 and currently reading Unscripted . This is the first time I have ever read anything which completely agrees with my view to work and life. Bit of a long post here, bit of a rant, but I feel that this is the only place where I can get off my chest how I really feel without having to put up with people trying to shut me down because I dare go against the norm.

It is a funny story of how I came across Unscripted . I was on the train heading back towards my office after a meeting and thought to myself (as I often do), 'I'm tired of living for the weekend just so I can pay bills.' Then, and I shit you not, at the next stop a woman came on, sat down next to me and took a book out of her bag. I caught a glimpse of the blurb... 'What if life wasn't about paying bills, working for a weekend, and then dying?' Coincidence, fate, destiny, whatever you want to call it, I couldn't ignore it. I asked the woman about the book, took a picture and ordered it an hour later. Reading this book is a breath of fresh air and reconnected me to how I have long felt about work.

I was wary about work when I started after university at age 21, and it only took me a few months to get sick of it. I remember my first summer working, looking out the window at 5:40pm. I caught my eyes in the reflection and depressingly thought 'This is it...' I cannot stand it. Every week is the same. 'Happy Monday,' 'happy hump day,' and the worst one, 'happy Friday!' What is so happy about Friday? Is your job that awful that you celebrate surviving five days in it? Are you celebrating that you now have two whole days to do whatever you want? It is almost as if people who tout this ‘TGIF’ nonsense are completely unaware that they will be back again next week and every week after for decades to come. I’ve always found it to be a depressing statement. Then there is the generic weekend talk.
'What did you do on the weekend?'
'Nothing, just a quiet one really,'
'Yeah, but sometimes you need those.'
Boring! It really does feel like people read from a script.

I genuinely felt I was alone in not feeling the same as everyone. I just don’t know how some people can do Monday to Friday for 45-50 years and be happy. I didn’t know if everyone liked their jobs, if people were faking it to avoid the truth, or if something was wrong with me and how I was going to survive working until my sixties. I’ve only met one other person who felt the same as I. We had ideas, we worked for people and thought ‘we can do this for ourselves!’, but I had other goals in mind. I went travelling for a year, a life goal of mine, I loved it, but I look back and wonder ‘what if’ we went with our ideas we had at the time. That was only a few years ago, I know if I don’t do anything now I will feel even worse in the future for not trying, and time is running out. Unscripted and this forum have really helped me reconnect with my goals and what I feel is my life mission.

I had a major ‘F*ck this’ moment nine days ago. It was an accumulation of things over the course of about a week, but I remember the exact moment it snapped. I’ve had ‘FT’ events before, but nothing like this. I could go into this more, but we would be here all week. Reading Unscripted has helped me reconnect with my entrepreneurial mindset and life view that I’ve had since I was a young teenager, a mindset which I felt was being suppressed for reasons X, Y, and Z. I was at fault too, I was denying it to myself. Now though, for the first time in a long time, I feel like me again and actually excited about life. It’s Saturday afternoon, normally I’d have hidden frustration knowing this freedom (aka my life) is only temporary until Monday morning, but instead I sit here happy and excited to build something and help other people.

Thank you, MJ for writing this book and providing us with this forum space. It’s nice to be around like minded people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Dec 3, 2015
Fascinating first encounter with the book there. That's pretty cool, plus you took the step to engage the passenger about it.

Look forward to seeing your future posts.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you, MJ for writing this book

You're welcome, glad it has helped crystallize some meaning and purpose for you!

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Hi Scott and welcome. I too was bitten by the entrepreneurial bug. I started my own business and it’s one of the best decision I’ve ever made. Move forward intensely and don’t look back. Let me know if there is something I can help you with .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
You're welcome, glad it has helped crystallize some meaning and purpose for you!

It really has. Your book was part of my major FTE. My entrepreneurial dreams went off track when I came back from travelling. I kept trying to convince myself I wanted something different and a professional career was the smart move, your book helped me to stop force feeding myself this Scripted nonsense which I knew I hated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Fascinating first encounter with the book there. That's pretty cool, plus you took the step to engage the passenger about it.

Look forward to seeing your future posts.

Thank you. I'll post as much as I can that's relevant, I'm mainly reading so far. This forum is a great resource for learning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.