The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Under a single brand or a new one?

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

ChapoJR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 9, 2017
Ireland
Give 'Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind' by Al Ries/Jack Trout a read, it covers the dilemma you're facing quite well.

Rather than having one of us try and solve your own very specific problem for you, you'd have better results reading something relative to what you're struggling with and figuring it out for yourself.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
My question - Should I put this new line into a current brand or into a new one. The current brand position is pure natural. Even if I do tell customers a truth about our new line product that they contains fragrance and not pure but I'm afraid it might ruin my current brand position. Could you guys please give me an opinion on this?
My opinion is to suggest using a new product brand, and differentiate if from your existing. Focus on the strengths of each, it's not at all uncommon.

For example, General Motors is a huge automobile manufacturer. They produce the Buick, Cadillac, GMC & Chevrolet brands...just to name a few. The Cadillac is positioned very differently in the market from the Chevrolet. You can do the same with your products.

Puripong

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 19, 2016
I'm currently doing natural aromatherapy business. We are a startup and our products range are our unique essential oil blends made from 100% essential oils. Our product focus on sleep aid and our position is for peoples who are looking for a therapeutic results not just solely on scents.

Since our first day we have a few sales and have some loyal customer due to the quality. However the product itself is too expensive from many people perspective. Even our price is a lot cheaper compared to a famous local brand but their are aged for 8-12 years while we are just a new guy for a few months. Yet there are many customers who do not need therapeutic results but only a good scents.

So I have devised a new plan about create another line of products. This new line will contain both natural and fragrances. There will have a unique selling point on aroma and uniqueness scents available only in our brand. I tend to focus on peoples who are looking for add good atmosphere in their home as home fragrance and not need on therapeutic results. This way I can create a cheaper product so it could be affordable for many peoples around here.

My question - Should I put this new line into a current brand or into a new one. The current brand position is pure natural. Even if I do tell customers a truth about our new line product that they contains fragrance and not pure but I'm afraid it might ruin my current brand position. Could you guys please give me an opinion on this?

Thank you

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Cool - glad to have you. And yes it should help a lot. When you are in the new group just post...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Hey everyone, I have a big announcement to make about how we are going to be working with...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom