The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Udemy's $10 sale is back!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Hey peeps,

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a HUGE advocate of Udemy and their training material. I've spent $100s on the site and I can't recommend it enough.

Head to Udemy.com and grab a course! There are 1000s to choose from across all industries/categories. It's the best investment you'll make this year.

And, it's only 10 bucks for incredible content.

Go go go!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lifese

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Oct 28, 2016
Any videos you recommend from personal experience? I would like to learn more about product/service validation, finding niches, and any useful infomation about selling on sites like Amazon. Recommend whatever though if you have the time. The $10 sale ends tomorrow night!

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
Udemy does have some good courses though you have to dig around a bit, given the fact that many courses seem to have thousands of positive reviews due to their flawed free review system(free coupons in exchange for reviews).

An interesting development that I have seen happening of late is that of Udemy instructors moving their courses to other platforms while retaining them at Udemy, in order to expand their reach(and earn an additional income).

I was pleasantly surprised to see some courses that I skipped buying at Udemy(since I did not wish to buy too many courses at the same time) at Skillshare. Skillshare has a different membership model that needs an annual fee for unlimited enrollments - they have thousands of courses on their site. I got in taking them up on the 99 cents for 3 months offer.

Skillshare allows "classes" that have a minimum length of 10 minutes of video. Hence Udemy instructors who have longer courses have broken them up into classes of shorter duration and published them on Skillshare.

So instead of buying a $20 course on Udemy, I looked for the same instructor and his classes on Skillshare and was able to find quite a few. After paying 99 cents I saved myself quite a bit of money!

Not all Udemy instructors are on Skillshare as well, but it's worth taking a look and then taking up their 99 cents offer if it's still there.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
So this 10$ is only valid for 1 day. After that the price (so at least it says on Udemy) while hike each 2 days.

Maybe we should make this thread as a place for people to suggest courses they liked and think are great asap.

Like Fox's: https://www.udemy.com/design-and-develop-a-killer-website-with-html5-and-css3/

These are the ones I purchased:
Google Adwords
Ethical Hacking
Building Personal Brand (Gary V)
Facebook Ads
Machine Learning

Last edited:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
You need to dig around do your homework. Here's what I do:

1) sort by highest reviewed or best sellers. Look at what other students are saying about the course.
2) sort by student enrolment. High to low will tell you popular courses.
3) check the content value. I look for the most hours vs lowest cost.

I do the same when I'm buying off Amazon too. Don't take anything on face value. Dig deep and get all the answers before making an informed decision.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
I appreciate the help, I sure found some courses for my own.

My request was to find hidden gems someone saw/or even bought earlier.

Courses you wouldn't even have searched for.

Maybe a vocal course teaching you the right breathing techniques getting you better results with people you talk to.
Maybe a course in ethical hacking to teach you preventing your business of getting hacked. (in my Cart)
Maybe a psychological course in design so you know how patterns and colors are influecing people. (Couldn't find a good one)

Scotch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Sep 6, 2016
Scotland
Any recommended FB ads courses in particular? If there is one relevant to ecommerce that would be great, if not then a general but applicable one will be fine.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Any recommended FB ads courses in particular? If there is one relevant to ecommerce that would be great, if not then a general but applicable one will be fine.

Isaac is pretty good for Adwords: https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-google-adwords-training-course/

I used it to get started on Google PPC and he covers EVERYTHING.

I haven't bought anything for FB in a while but this looks good: https://www.udemy.com/facebook-ads-facebook-marketing-mastery-guide/

It's a 'best seller' with 10 hours of content for $10. 4.6/5.0 on the reviews with 10,000+ students enrolments. It's a no brainer for me.

PS - do your own research and come to your own conclusions. I'm not affiliated to Udemy in any way. I'm just happy to share a resource that's helped me to make money online.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks, just got three $195 courses for $30. One of the authors is from here actually which is cool.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
I've thought about using Udemy to host a course or two... but I don't like the fact they run discounts on your products without your consent.

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015
I've thought about using Udemy to host a course or two... but I don't like the fact they run discounts on your products without your consent.

it could bring more traffic to your course

you'll get people to take it and get some reviews rolling in

if your course is good, this will help get more enrollment after the sales

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Most guys upsell services and apps from the course. Use Udemy to drive traffic not to make sales.

Action Mike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 9, 2016
When you buy a course like with a sale like this how long can you access the video? Do you have permanent access through your account or only a limited time?

Today is the first time I have looked at Udemy or Skillshare. Great idea for focused training on certain topics.

I am assuming the quality and depth is much greater than videos you can find on youtube?

Are there any other training sites like this that cover good business and tech topics?

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Much appreciated.

Will probably end up buying HTML & CSS Course, Facebook, Instagram and Googleadwords and Photoshop for entrepeneurs and more... won't be surprised if I buy $1000+ worth of courses on this sale..

Last edited:

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

Was recently talking to a fellow member here about this.

The control factor is terrible with regards to udemy and skillshare. If you're going to do a course, put something cheap or at a beginner level on these places and self host your higher end offerings.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
I think you have an option of choosing whether to have your courses included in Udemy sales or not.

You can get lots of traffic if you have several courses published, though you cannot promote your website in your videos. Many instructors slip their website name into text files or show an illustration of something or the other related to the course and take students to their website(in their videos).

When Udemy changed their pricing model to eliminate high pricing, many instructors published their high-priced courses on platforms that they had control over like Teachable etc.

Oh, by the way, Udemy sales are quite frequent so if the sale is over you can be sure that there will be another one soon. Plus, you can locate free or discounted coupons over the internet if you do a search.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Signed up for a few of those myself. Not thinking straight I just went ahead and purchased a good amount and realized that 3 of them aren't CC. Being deaf this is another roadblock for me. I'm not going to give up on it, i went ahead and contacted those 3 instructors and asked them if it was unreasonable if they can somehow add CC.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
The offer's still on folks. Go grab something in your category, watch the videos and get to work!

Action Mike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 9, 2016
I picked up several of the courses, can't beat it for the price. Looking forward to the Google Adwords videos.

I am curious if anyone has additional recommendations for courses they have watched. I bought several of the ones mentioned already.

Brandon Parker

All or nothing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 16, 2015
Anchorage, AK
Can't really pass up good deals!

I got 3 courses:
-Ninja Writing: The Four Levels of Writing
-The Complete Digital Marketing Course: 12 Courses Into 1
-UX & Web Design Master Course: Strategy, Design, & Development

These should give me better skills so I can provide more value/charge my clients more. Also, starting a website is never a bad idea.

The courses are $12 and the price goes up every other day, so act fast!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
3) check the content value. I look for the most hours vs lowest cost.
Interesting. I'd rather pay more for a one hour course than less for a ten hour course - because it saves me time. I prefer courses under 3 hours.

I've no doubt it's good, but 16 hours?!? WTF. And it doesn't even cover the AdWords Editor and any Excel tricks. How can it take 17 minutes to understand Exact and Phrase match types? I'm speechless for once...

EDIT: I'm a big fan of Udemy and went on a Udemy binge last Christmas. Video is so easy to consume (if it's short enough!).

I've not logged into my account for most of this year, but here's what's in my library:

Here's the ones I've completed:

jPCt0Bo.png

Here's the ones that I started but didn't complete 100%:

K7daNl2.png

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Fredyisgold

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 21, 2016
LA
Hey guys i'm currently tackling C.S and Books recommended by you guys! Since there is a "sale" on udemy i want to take action and soak up some extra knowledge. Since i'm fairly new to this vast world of entrepreneur-ship i was wondering if anyone knows any good entrepreneur/Marketing/Sales courses? Or maybe even some books! I really need to pick up some knowledge on Business. Thank you very much guys and keep pushing!!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Interesting. I'd rather pay more for a one hour course than less for a ten hour course - because it saves me time. I prefer courses under 3 hours.

I've no doubt it's good, but 16 hours?!? WTF. And it doesn't even cover the AdWords Editor and any Excel tricks. How can it take 17 minutes to understand Exact and Phrase match types? I'm speechless for once...

EDIT: I'm a big fan of Udemy and went on a Udemy binge last Christmas. Video is so easy to consume (if it's short enough!).

I've not logged into my account for most of this year, but here's what's in my library:

Here's the ones I've completed:
jPCt0Bo.png

Here's the ones that are in progress (and I must have lost the will to live):
K7daNl2.png

I really enjoyed Isaac's course. He goes into a lot of detail and they run an Adword's marketing agency: http://www.adventureppc.com/ - I've spoken to them over the phone and everything checks out- It's 100% legit.

I know some folks prefer shorter videos. I prefer longer, more in depth content but there's something for everyone.

I just bought this: https://www.udemy.com/become-a-speeddemon-hack-automation-focus-efficiency-to-have-more-time/ - if time is the new currency then I will save $$$$. It's a no brainer at 13 bucks.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Go through the thread again. There's a few examples from myself and others to get you started.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

I don't know anything about Udemy from a coach's perspective. I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.