The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Having said that would you recommend hiring someone that has the expertise to lead and manage buying land and developing it, and hiring firms to ensure the job gets done right?
Unless you have a large amount of capital at your disposal, hiring for this would not make sense. I am using it as a low stress way to make money in retirement. It takes time to complete a land project. Money is being doled out on improvements without a lot coming back to you until there are lot sales.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DavidL41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 30, 2021
I expect @SteveO to spend the time and explain his experience to you in detail. Then you will respond with some “I disagree, that’s your opinion, 98% of the time hire great people… I read on another forum… mu opinion is… I’m entitled to my opinion…
and so on…”
Yes. People are entitled to their opinions. It's called freedom. What are you a communist?

As long as he isn't trying to tell me what to do, and think I don't give a damn.

D

Deleted68316

Another interesting thing about PUSH and PULL is that it may happen that a person PUSHES the limits physically (workout, marathon, even meditation, and so on) to then find the PULL in terms of work and life in general.

Singer starts meditating hours every day. The navy seal runs marathons with broken bones. Then they find their dimension almost without even searching for it. It comes to them naturally.

In the end even Goggins, as far as I know, didn't push his financial career. It came to him. It was a kind of PULL. They call him to speak at schools, then he writes the book, and so on.

dandy2902

New Contributor
May 12, 2021
I’ve noticed that in business and in life, peak performers tend to align with one of the two mindsets. Either they’re the “GO HARD” type who will do whatever it takes through sheer willpower, often motivated by anger and negativity, or the more “SPIRITUAL” (for lack of a better word) type that WANTS to do hard things, but goes about doing hard things not through FORCE, but rather by removing resistance.

1. GO HARD MINDSET – Whatever It Takes, You Will Do

Think about Elon Musk. The guy would do ANYTHING to make sure his businesses succeed. As he said himself, he would have to be dead or incapacitated to give up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR5nQ4NwoJ8

And this leads to him working 100+ hour weeks, and neglecting many other areas of his life. People like Elon believe that your capacity with withstand and push through PAIN is what prevents you from reaching their level of success.

“Why is no one else doing these things?”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3GVC2RObuk

The same is true, not in business, but in life, for people like David Goggins.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcAWnsNEnw

Other people taking this approach: Andy Frisella, Dan Pena.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7h587FLllE

Dan Pena talks about creating “generational wealth”, 100M+ in a few years. This is the other feature of these guys… they always have to go for BIGGER and BIGGER and BIGGER, there is no end point for them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LOazB4DZ8Y

All these guys see MONEY and OUTWARD SUCCESS as supremely relevant.

2. “SPIRITUAL” MINDSET – Remove Resistance & Do The Work

The other mindset I call “spiritual” but really it’s more about balance and listening to yourself, working with yourself rather than pushing yourself.

A great example of this is Michael Singer. If you read his book, The Surrender Experiment, it shows how he built a billion dollar business WITHOUT resistance.

RESILIENCE IN CHALLENGING TIMES - Michael A. Singer

The mindset is about listening to yourself, and working at removing resistance rather than just trying to push yourself.

Another great example, not in business, but in life, is Wim Hof.

The Dark Secret Behind the Ice Man | Wim Hof | Goalcast

Wim also isn’t about PUSHING or FORCING change ("listen to your body, never force"), but rather removing his resistance to challenges.

But there is no question that Wim HAS achieved and will continue achieving extremely challenging tasks. In my opinion, easily rivaling Goggins, but with much greater internal ease.

The spiritual mindset is also not getting its motivation from negativity or anger, quite the opposite. These feelings are seen as obstacles to be removed.

Also, money and outward success is seen as less relevant, but will follow from a strong, stable, healthy mind.

Eckhart Tolle - How To Be Wealthy #clapalongifyoufeellikeha

Which Mindset Do You Find Better For You? Which Is More Effective Generally?

For myself, I use both but in different areas of my life. The “spiritual” mindset is what I use in business and in life generally. However, the “GO HARD” mindset is what I use in sports. I find that physical exercise and physical pain makes my mind want to quit really fast. And it’s hard for me to endure physical pain and physically pushing myself.

So the only antidote I’ve found to that is to take charge of my internal self-talk, and push myself harder. And physical exercise NEVER gets easier for me, quite the opposite, things get harder the more I do it. It's challenging because unlike people like Goggins, all my experimentation with mindfulness, makes it difficult for me to access anger (it just seems so irrational, I can't do it). I do experience anxiety/fear every now and then, but anger is extremely rare, and take a GREAT degree of effort.

As for more effective… hmm. I think in terms of money, if that’s the measuring stick, the “go hard” approach tends to work “better”, but I’m not sure if it’s because it’s better. Maybe the peak performers holding the other “spiritual” mindset just have different priorities, and they COULD outperform the “go hard” types if they shared the same priorities.

What’s your mindset, and what are your thoughts?
Great post! How can we build and improve “spiritual” mindset?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Another interesting thing about PUSH and PULL is that it may happen that a person PUSHES the limits physically (workout, marathon, even meditation, and so on) to then find the PULL in terms of work and life in general.

Singer starts meditating hours every day. The navy seal runs marathons with broken bones. Then they find their dimension almost without even searching for it. It comes to them naturally.

In the end even Goggins, as far as I know, didn't push his financial career. It came to him. It was a kind of PULL. They call him to speak at schools, then he writes the book, and so on.
Excellent point on Goggins’ financial outcomes, he pushed the physical and yet pulled financial. Love it. Succinctly proves the point that we all probably use both.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
bump

Awesome post @Black_Dragon43 !
You wrote that you were more of the spiritual type and that anger seemed irrational to you.
However your posts from the past few months seemed to rather advocate the first mindset.
Are you in group #1 now and if so, how so?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Are you in group #1 now and if so, how so?
I’ve realised that success and happiness are two roads that diverge at some point. The most successful aren’t necessarily the happiest (for example Goggins).

Meaning at some point increasing your success will require sacrificing your happiness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.