The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turning the keys on my Fastlane journey!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Wessel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 26, 2023
The Netherlands
Hello Reader!

With this post I want to introduce myself to The Fastlane Forum community, explain why the book had such an impact on me, and discuss the direction of my road. Having recently read The Millionaire Fastlane has allowed me to turn the key and ignite my engine. With this initial power-up, and this forum, I want to adjust my life, hit the Redline, and fully go Fastlane.

My name is Wessel, I'm a 21-year-old university student from the Netherlands. My bachelor is Information Science with a speciality in Data Science. Having come across The Millionaire Fastlane occasionally in online circles, I'm extremely grateful that I decided to buy and read it. I have been lucky enough to find it early in life, according to MJ DeMarco that means there is a lot of horsepower behind my actions. I have promised myself that I will make good use of this privage.

The reason why The Millionaire Fastlane had a profound impact on me is because, altough I'm still young, I had already subscribed to the Slowlane. This had multiple reason: societal dogma, the university exclusively focussing on producing employees, no exposure to Fastlane mathematics. The only math I had exposed myself to outside of school came from the book The Little Book of Common Sense Investing. This book goes in-depth into how the stockmarket can make you rich! Although a good book in it's own right, it was not emphatic that the wealth would come only with grey hair and backpain. I had already conceived my life's plan as the following: finish university quickly, obtain a job in this profitable sector, work work work 9-5 5/7 days a week, repay debts and invest 20-30% of my paycheck monthly, and after retirement I will be swimming in money! I now know that praying to the stockmarket for 40+ years is a gamble, it's also not effective for producing wealth quickly. Being so convinced by this classic mediocrity thinking and having no idea about an alternative, I'm quite confident that my life would end up this way had I not found The Millionaire Fastlane .

Now that my mindset had shifted and the car keys turned, action was needed. I took MJ. DeMarco's advice about the university of life seriously. I try to waste as little time as possible, that means no legacy media and no mindless social media scrolling. I never leave the house without a book and read on the bus, train and in evenings. Just yesterday I finished So Good They Can't Ignore You (recommended), it recommends working on rare and valuable skills. I'm doing this partly with university, but that's not enough. The next book I've started reading is The Entrepreneurial Revolution. Furthermore, I have printed out the GoalSumo 1/5/10 Goal Planner and use that daily. Later this week I'll attend an entrepreneurship event about start-ups. Now it's important to turn this motivation into a sustainable process for progress.

If anyone has made it this far into my post, thank you! You are kind to spend your valuable time reading my words. Let me know what you think!

Kind regards,
Wessel

There’s a profound difference between interest and commitment. Interest reads a book; commitment applies the book 50 times.” ― M.J. DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
Hello Reader!

With this post I want to introduce myself to The Fastlane Forum community, explain why the book had such an impact on me, and discuss the direction of my road. Having recently read The Millionaire Fastlane has allowed me to turn the key and ignite my engine. With this initial power-up, and this forum, I want to adjust my life, hit the Redline, and fully go Fastlane.

My name is Wessel, I'm a 21-year-old university student from the Netherlands. My bachelor is Information Science with a speciality in Data Science. Having come across The Millionaire Fastlane occasionally in online circles, I'm extremely grateful that I decided to buy and read it. I have been lucky enough to find it early in life, according to MJ DeMarco that means there is a lot of horsepower behind my actions. I have promised myself that I will make good use of this privage.

The reason why The Millionaire Fastlane had a profound impact on me is because, altough I'm still young, I had already subscribed to the Slowlane. This had multiple reason: societal dogma, the university exclusively focussing on producing employees, no exposure to Fastlane mathematics. The only math I had exposed myself to outside of school came from the book The Little Book of Common Sense Investing. This book goes in-depth into how the stockmarket can make you rich! Although a good book in it's own right, it was not emphatic that the wealth would come only with grey hair and backpain. I had already conceived my life's plan as the following: finish university quickly, obtain a job in this profitable sector, work work work 9-5 5/7 days a week, repay debts and invest 20-30% of my paycheck monthly, and after retirement I will be swimming in money! I now know that praying to the stockmarket for 40+ years is a gamble, it's also not effective for producing wealth quickly. Being so convinced by this classic mediocrity thinking and having no idea about an alternative, I'm quite confident that my life would end up this way had I not found The Millionaire Fastlane .

Now that my mindset had shifted and the car keys turned, action was needed. I took MJ. DeMarco's advice about the university of life seriously. I try to waste as little time as possible, that means no legacy media and no mindless social media scrolling. I never leave the house without a book and read on the bus, train and in evenings. Just yesterday I finished So Good They Can't Ignore You (recommended), it recommends working on rare and valuable skills. I'm doing this partly with university, but that's not enough. The next book I've started reading is The Entrepreneurial Revolution. Furthermore, I have printed out the GoalSumo 1/5/10 Goal Planner and use that daily. Later this week I'll attend an entrepreneurship event about start-ups. Now it's important to turn this motivation into a sustainable process for progress.

If anyone has made it this far into my post, thank you! You are kind to spend your valuable time reading my words. Let me know what you think!

Kind regards,
Wessel

There’s a profound difference between interest and commitment. Interest reads a book; commitment applies the book 50 times.” ― M.J. DeMarco
Congrats man. Interested to follow along with your journey. I'm currently listening to So Good They Can't Ignore You audiobook right now, lots of great stuff there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...