The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turn Slowlane speed boosts into Fastlane money trees?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

SpeedRacer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 16, 2011
What if you had a slow lane job that you could speed up a bit by learning new skills that in turn increase your productivity and eventually your compensation from your employer?

Would it make sense to monetize that knowledge and wisdom gained from those new skills via information products while still employed in the Slowlane?

I like this plan, as one can generate stronger income from your current job, while at the same time have a new Fastlane product to sell.

There might be conflict of interests issues, but this can be skirted by re-purposing your product to a different target industry.

Info products aren't the ideal CENTS Fastlane money tree due to its low entry barrier. An exceptional product that stands well above the competition should allow for premium pricing however.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
An exceptional product that stands well above the competition should allow for premium pricing however.

Absolutely, consider p90X -- info product, exceptional.

Would it make sense to monetize that knowledge and wisdom gained from those new skills via information products while still employed in the Slowlane?

Don't see why not -- books on work productivity and career advancement are popular.

own_ursituation

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Apr 19, 2011
St Louis
Definitely. Swing for the fences man. This is the same path I'm taking in addition to my real estate investing company. I’m going to fire my Fortune 500 job finally and help some people out in the process. Not only do I own P90X, but I recommend it to everybody. I’m a fitness fanatic who doesn't even need it. It’s a quality product and I was interested in buying the knowledge that came in the package. Even though I have the ripped body of an athlete I still purchased that product.

I love RPM by Tony Robbins because it relates to the word Fastlane…
RPM
Result - Know the end Result you’re trying to accomplish. Start with the end in mind if you will (I believe this is how Covey puts it in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People). After all, if you don’t know where you are going any lane you take will work. We all want a certain lane, specifically THE FASTLANE.
Purpose - Why are you doing it? (reasons come first, answers second)
Massive Action Plan - What are you going to do to get there? Be prepared for the first 1000 attempts to fail. Prepare for the worst and expect the best.

Obviously books on career advancement and productivity are very popular as well (I just quoted 2 authors without trying). All your shakers and movers are constantly trying to figure out how to time compound. Hell there was a guy in the bathroom stall this morning on a conference call! Can you believe that? Market determines value and there is definitely a pool of hungry fish out there looking to bring organization to their chaos. If you figure out how to make 30 hours out of 24 hours you have done something very special and if you can teach that to people they will flock to you.

It’s why the franchising business model is so popular. We all have 24 hours per day. At a job where you get paid hourly you can only make 24hrs of income. Right? To be real you’re probably on the salary plan like me where you can work 80hrs a week and only get paid for 40. How crazy is that?! Think of it like McDonald’s. If I own 1 McD’s that’s open 10 hrs per day I’m making money on 10hrs of that day. However if I own 10 McD’s all open 10hrs a day I’m making money on 100hrs inside of a 24hr timeframe. This is precisely why I buy real estate.

I own property that makes me money no matter where I’m at or what I’m doing all year long. The more I buy, the more cashflow I make and when the market comes up in the distant future I’ll sell ALL of it and make a HUGE profit (exit strategy). I can even avoid capital gains tax through a thing called a 1041 exchange. It allows me to take all that money I make when I sell and reinvest it in a set amount of time avoiding taxes. Kind of like MJ’s recent article that was posted on his silver trading (how to make $23,000 in one freaking day). His is example was way more fastlane than mine. MJ mentions rentals in his book as well.

It’s all about time. When you can give people back their time they will love you for it. Look at fast food in a different light. All of it sucks and is unhealthy, yet people eat it, sometimes twice a day. Why? Because, they buy time in the form of a hamburger and it’s cheap. You can walk into a Subway and walk out with lunch 10 minutes later and $5 out of pocket. Ever hear of anybody excited to go to the doctor’s office? Nope, it takes forever. I just got back from Vegas and noticed the wedding chapels all have a drive thru now! I can’t remember the last time I paid for gas inside the convenience store. You pay at the pump! Saves time. People are dying on the road because they can’t wait till they get home to send a text message. There’s a fastlane idea for you. Speech to text app for the iPhone. Save lives and make money. Time is the one thing you cannot get back. It’s the number one reason we all strive to me financially independent. So we don’t have to be a wage slave and can have our time back.

Keep kicking A$$. Own your situation and get it done. No excuses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.