The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Meikel Muhr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 15, 2021
Dear Fastlaners,

i am consultant for more than 10 years in the area of IT-Projectmanagement und Advisory to IT-Management. I have a very strong focus on Manufacturing companies that have SAP ERP in place and need to change, upgrade or implement the software.

So far I am charing by hour or day. My rates are well developed, I am charging at the top end of rates that the market offer. Nevertheless, I am long time looking for something that I can productize out of my portfolio as my work is usually very individual and not scalable.

I am curious if I can find other IT-Consultants / Advisors or IT-Projectmanager that came across similiar thoughts ;) ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Hey, I am working in the same field, but not with the same amount of experience, I have been working for 2 years now.

One way you could use to supercharge your business would be to use your experience and portfolio to launch a consulting company, I work in a Consulting company that started small with 3 consultants 10 years ago, now it's listed in euronext, buying all small cabinets they find and worth millions...(800M to be exact)

Maybe it can be something for you :)

Meikel Muhr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 15, 2021
Hey, I am working in the same field, but not with the same amount of experience, I have been working for 2 years now.

One way you could use to supercharge your business would be to use your experience and portfolio to launch a consulting company, I work in a Consulting company that started small with 3 consultants 10 years ago, now it's listed in euronext, buying all small cabinets they find and worth millions...(800M to be exact)

Maybe it can be something for you :)
Hi AnasHarn,

Many thanks for the reply. I am actually Freelance Consultant for 4 years now. Starting a real business with employees is something that comes across my mind frequently but the trough is that Freedom is the main driver for my self employment. Starting a consultancy would be a huge burden for some years until I could eventually pull myself out of it.

It’s the obvious way to go but I would rather prefer to stay smaller and therefore more free in my choices. A product or something similar could help to diversify my offerings.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Hey, Yeah I perfectly understand, it took 5 years of hard work to my company owner to get some serious returns so it's a lot of work and dedication, therefore sacrifice of freedom.

May I suggest selling trainings/online trainings, if I have a good understanding of your work, you help companies set up their SAP and help them work with it. Maybe some of the employees of these companies would benefit a lot of having ready to use how-to/guides for their most commun problems.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.