The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Travelling from colombia to germany - any good items to buy and sell in the process?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Krischan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 17, 2016
Hey there!

I hope this is the right subforum, sorry if not :)

So this is not about building a regular business, it's about one time flying out of colombia and to germany.
Do you guys happen to know of a good product to buy here in colombia and resell in germany?
I'll take 10 packs marlboro cigarettes with me and have them sold at my fathers store, since they cost 1,50 euro here instead of 6 euro in germany. Only 10 packs allowed by toll though.
So I was wondering if there might be a more expensive product with a similarly beautiful profit that I could take along :)

Cocaine jokes are appreciated but I'll have to inform you that I'm not into smuggling drugs in my anus :D

Best!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I live in Bogota Colombia. The only things I can think of are sport shoes or luggage cases. Both can be found for very cheap (fake) and could maybe make a few dollars back in Europe. As far as real clothing goes or electronics they are more expensive here to begin with. Maybe art is one other thing but you would need to know what sells.

Krischan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 17, 2016
Thanks for the input! I'm in Bogota as well, small world. :)
I wouldn't want to sell fake clothes/shoes without honestly pointing out that they are fake, though; and if I do that, they won't make a good profit.
I like the idea of buying art, but as you pointed out correctly, it's not feasable since I'm rather clueless in that field.
Thanks anyways, appreciate the ideas!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'll take 10 packs marlboro cigarettes with me and have them sold at my fathers store, since they cost 1,50 euro here instead of 6 euro in germany. Only 10 packs allowed by toll though.

You do know that cigarettes tastes differently in every country, right?

Meaning that: if you take packs of Marlboro to Germany, and they come in Spanish-language packaging, and taste different, then customers will be angry.

Here's more info about tobacco: "Tobacco is generally grown between the latitudes of 40° north and 40° south. Tobacco farms can be found in over 30 countries, including Argentina, Brazil, China, Greece, Italy, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Spain, Turkey and the United States." There's no reason that Phillip Morris would take South American tobacco and use it for European distribution.

On top of that, cigarette companies sell different quality tobacco to different markets. I don't know what quality Colombia gets, but there's a good chance that Germany gets a better tasting cigarette than you guys do.

Krischan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 17, 2016
You do know that cigarettes tastes differently in every country, right?

Meaning that: if you take packs of Marlboro to Germany, and they come in Spanish-language packaging, and taste different, then customers will be angry.

Here's more info about tobacco: "Tobacco is generally grown between the latitudes of 40° north and 40° south. Tobacco farms can be found in over 30 countries, including Argentina, Brazil, China, Greece, Italy, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Spain, Turkey and the United States." There's no reason that Phillip Morris would take South American tobacco and use it for European distribution.

On top of that, cigarette companies sell different quality tobacco to different markets. I don't know what quality Colombia gets, but there's a good chance that Germany gets a better tasting cigarette than you guys do.

Good point and thanks for pointing out, but I already took that into consideration. :)
1) My father will sell them to regular customers who are willing to knowingly buy the ones from here for 1.50 cheaper. Still 30 Euro profit for virtually no effort. (I know that 30 euro is not much on a large scale and this is only a one-time deal, but I'm still doing this since effort is practically zero except for writing this post :) )
2) I used to be a smoker and also smoked the ones from here, making me confident that the quality is easily sufficient if sold cheaper and to customers who know the deal they make.

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
Loving the hustle.
First fastlane idea is lease a plane, fill with bricks some el chapo fastlane shit.
All jokes aside I'd second the tobacco comment, I always grab cartons coming back into Canada but not sure I take them from here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.