The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It's feasible.

Can you hire a guy for $2500 a month and get him to bring in $5000 a month for you? That's the name of the game. $250 a day in revenue 20 days of the month is all you need. Then, get another, and another, and another, etc. It's a lovely game of math. $2000/mo profit per employee x 5 employees, or 10, or 30, or 500. An amazing thing happens when you create a system like that. You start to think in different terms. I don't think about money the same anymore. I think about buying things in terms of "crews". Each crew of my company brings in over $60-$70 grand a year. I just think "Okay I only need 4 crews for this next spring, that's an additional 160 customers added to what we have now. Easy peasy". It's scary to think "make a million in a single year". But when you think "find 1,500 people in a city of 250,000 that need their lawn mowed on a regular basis", it becomes incredibly easy. Maybe you make a 50% profit on each employee and each apartment complex you sign up brings you $2500 a month in profit. Now you just have to find 10-20 apartment complexes that want to signup. That's all it takes to be approaching the top 1% of income.

One of the opportunities in services is paying close attention to the arbitrage of value and cost and being creative about it. When that happens, you can get $15/hr workers performing $200/hr work and not even hating their job.

It's all about combining math, your gut instinct, and evidence of what there's actual demand for. You get some customers, see how it goes, listen to your gut, run some numbers and adjust your business to be as profitable, scalable, low-maintenance and successful as possible.

The issue with this idea of yours would be that there is no wiggle room for creativity. You pick up the garbage and you move it. You can only increase the speed.

My advice is to keep a very open mind when it comes to trying different services, but a very closed mind when other broke idiots try to tell you how to run them. Remember, if you listen to others' advice, you will be like them. Break the rules and trust your gut. I've been told a thousand times in a thousand ways HOW my type of business SHOULD be run. I politely ignored everything.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
My apartment complex does this and turns what is supposed to be a nice place into a trash dump at night as people just put out the door and than nature takes it course as the service is late or does not show up. So right there being punctual will help.

Also I always see new person doing it that job looks like pure hell.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
My apartment complex does this and turns what is supposed to be a nice place into a trash dump at night as people just put out the door and than nature takes it course as the service is late or does not show up. So right there being punctual will help.

Also I always see new person doing it that job looks like pure hell.
Appreciate the response.

Are you in the UK? And how and much are you charged for this service? Also, is it mandatory?

And yeah of course being punctual is correct. Spot on!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Appreciate the response.

Are you in the UK? And how and much are you charged for this service? Also, is it mandatory?

And yeah of course being punctual is correct. Spot on!

The U.S. in Oklahoma. They charge 20 bucks a month added to the rent. Yes mandatory.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Hi Fastlaners,

I've created my 30days/1/5/10 "plantasy" and one of my goals is to have a profitable business launched by Nov 2022.

Now, one of the ideas I have been going over and have a great feeling about is a collecting peoples bins from their apartments and dropping them into the main bins on the groundfloor.

Has anyone had experience with this business or have some sage advice?

Also I aim to do this business in the UK. I know that it's pretty big in the US.

Again any advice would be much appreciated!

Carlos

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I am pretty sure here in the UK lots of apartments have a chute system installed on every floor :)

Not a naysayer, just saying.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
It's feasible.

Can you hire a guy for $2500 a month and get him to bring in $5000 a month for you? That's the name of the game. $250 a day in revenue 20 days of the month is all you need. Then, get another, and another, and another, etc. It's a lovely game of math. $2000/mo profit per employee x 5 employees, or 10, or 30, or 500. An amazing thing happens when you create a system like that. You start to think in different terms. I don't think about money the same anymore. I think about buying things in terms of "crews". Each crew of my company brings in over $60-$70 grand a year. I just think "Okay I only need 4 crews for this next spring, that's an additional 160 customers added to what we have now. Easy peasy". It's scary to think "make a million in a single year". But when you think "find 1,500 people in a city of 250,000 that need their lawn mowed on a regular basis", it becomes incredibly easy. Maybe you make a 50% profit on each employee and each apartment complex you sign up brings you $2500 a month in profit. Now you just have to find 10-20 apartment complexes that want to signup. That's all it takes to be approaching the top 1% of income.

One of the opportunities in services is paying close attention to the arbitrage of value and cost and being creative about it. When that happens, you can get $15/hr workers performing $200/hr work and not even hating their job.

It's all about combining math, your gut instinct, and evidence of what there's actual demand for. You get some customers, see how it goes, listen to your gut, run some numbers and adjust your business to be as profitable, scalable, low-maintenance and successful as possible.

The issue with this idea of yours would be that there is no wiggle room for creativity. You pick up the garbage and you move it. You can only increase the speed.

My advice is to keep a very open mind when it comes to trying different services, but a very closed mind when other broke idiots try to tell you how to run them. Remember, if you listen to others' advice, you will be like them. Break the rules and trust your gut. I've been told a thousand times in a thousand ways HOW my type of business SHOULD be run. I politely ignored everything.
I appreciate the response, things to think about

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
I am pretty sure here in the UK lots of apartments have a chute system installed on every floor :)

Not a naysayer, just saying.
I live in an apartment and we do not have bin chutes, I believe some do and the "flats" but many apartments do not

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.