The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Transitioning?

Sharn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 8, 2019
I am not a natural entrepreneur or business person. Circumstances (ahem) have made me realize that I need to start steering the bus. And after having read MFL and halfway through Unscripted , I realize that my intuition has always been spot-on. I am excited about this new phase I have entered. A brave new world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sharn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 8, 2019
@lowtek, thanks for your response. I'm just starting out. The academic content writing I've been doing kept me on the overworked and underpaid treadmill. I have ADHD, and after having read thousands of sentences in various formats on all kinds of ADHD-related issues, and having spent the last two years writing my own manual on dealing with the annoyance of ADHD, I came to the realization that I seem to have a better handle on the core issues than most (err, all) social media writers on the subject. I've been planning, thinking, reading about how to get my message out there. I don't want to make huge mistakes in the beginning.

Thank heavens for this forum! Having read that Upwork is a viable option, I registered on Upwork (last night) and my plan is to improve my writing (my style is way too academic at present) while conceptualizing and planning the ADHD material.

Conclusion: It's all in my head still, apart from Upwork. With that said, let me head over to the site and see if I can start making money to subsidize writing my wonderful ADHD ideas ...

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Great stuff, welcome to the forum :)

I don't want to make huge mistakes in the beginning.

You need to change your attitude on that one though, that is the kind of thinking that will have you procrastinating and never actually starting. Embrace mistakes, they are there for you to learn from, not be afraid of.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

Michael Jordan

___

Good luck buddy, can't wait to read your stuff!

ValueGenerator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 17, 2018
Los Angeles
I am not a natural entrepreneur or business person. Circumstances (ahem) have made me realize that I need to start steering the bus. And after having read MFL and halfway through Unscripted , I realize that my intuition has always been spot-on. I am excited about this new phase I have entered. A brave new world.
Welcome to your new favorite bookmark.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thank you @Roli. Yes, I'm dithering :blush:. However, I need to 1) earn, 2) figure out the best platform for posts. Any ideas? I'm considering Medium, Instagram, Twitter. Perhaps start with Twitter. Any ideas? :blush::blush::blush:

It very much depends on your type of content (long form/short form etc.) I would probably go the Medium/Twitter route, though ultimately you need your own site.

As far as earning is concerned, don't make that your main focus, or you will get disheartened very quickly.

If you haven't seen it already, check this out: EXECUTION - Everything I Learned From Blogging $0 to $15k/month

Saavik

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 21, 2018
my plan is to improve my writing (my style is way too academic at present)
I feel you. That was my problem too when I started out (maybe still is), plus having English as a second language.

Sharn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 8, 2019
Great stuff, welcome to the forum :)

You need to change your attitude on that one though, that is the kind of thinking that will have you procrastinating and never actually starting. Embrace mistakes, they are there for you to learn from, not be afraid of.
Thank you @Roli. Yes, I'm dithering :blush:. However, I need to 1) earn, 2) figure out the best platform for posts. Any ideas? I'm considering Medium, Instagram, Twitter. Perhaps start with Twitter. Any ideas? :blush::blush::blush:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Where can you help people the most?

Maybe check out:

Sharn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 8, 2019
@MJ DeMarco I forgot to tag you when I first posted. Apologies.

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Welcome aboard.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...