The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
G

Guest1413tpa

Hi all,

I have been debating posting this thread for a few days, but here it goes.

I've been an Ideapreneur/Wantpreneur for a while. I'm 27 and have worked in the Salesforce ecosystem for about 5 years on and off (More about that here). After spending time at Non-Profits & PE owned companies running a single Salesforce organization, I took a leap into Consultancy late last year.

Throughout my time in the ecosystem, I've encountered this massive problem: Users are not trained in the basics of the product and how to use it effectively. Yes, many Salesforce orgs are highly customized, but many users still lack basic training of how the product works. Typically this falls on the administration team, which is swamped with other tasks that take a higher priority.

Some large companies have dedicated training staff and programs, but on the SME/Non-profit side, there is a lack of resources (both humans and money) to train individuals. Adding further complication to this, these smaller companies have often have no administrators, leading to untrained power users stepping in and acting as pseudo-admins.

Salesforce admin trainings are prolerfic across the ecosystem (especially the model in my eyes, FocusOnForce), including Salesforce's own program, Trailhead.

User trainings are a bit more sparse, especially on Salesforce's platform. Or, they have the following issues:
  1. Too Long (Who wants to sit in a boring 3+ hour training?)
  2. Boring (Who wants to sit through a PowerPoint Training?)
  3. Too Brief (Trailhead).
  4. Doesn't teach users how to be efficient (all of them in a way).
  5. Outdated (Trainings in Classic for a system that may be on the newest plaform, Lightning)
Entry into this market is harder, because alot of people in the Salesforce ecosystem struggle to break it down in the right way/create a general training that is fun and engaging. Another issue is the fact that many organizations are customized, which provides an avenue for further growth (by customizing programs for organizations). In my experience the majority of the actions users, power users and pseudo-admins take in Salesforce are the same, so this course should be well executed to focus on these points.

Other than the fact that I am making trainings for someone's elses software (a risk I am willing to take given the growth, size and stability of Salesforce and the ecosystem), I plan to have full control over the product, distribution and marketing.

I'm looking at a self-hosted course for both regular users, power users and pseudo-admins (the three areas not well served by existing programs right now), especially in the SME and Non-profit sectors. The courses will contain a mix of multi-media and hands-on training. It has a lot of potential to scale, because once you make the courses, its minimal updates each release, and it also keeps my time to a minimum after my initial investment :cool:

I've named his TameTheForce right now (bought a domain to put a landing page up to test interest), I'm working on getting a prototype/feedback from a variety of potential and current customers and seeing if there really is potential.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes, as many people over the years have asked me for training or loved it. So, in the end, even if it doesn't go somewhere, I'll learn something and maybe provide value for some people :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Do it! Just know that it is a good job application, if you do a good job, someone in Salesforce will notice you and hire you to join their training team. That is a good best-case scenario.

The reality is that third parties can't create better training than the platform owner. By the time you finish creating a module, they will release an update that changes the screen and workflow rendering your training obsolete

Good luck though and proceed at once if you believe you have the unfair advantage of having first-hand knowledge of the pain points of current trainings.

G

Guest1413tpa

Do it! Just know that it is a good job application, if you do a good job, someone in Salesforce will notice you and hire you to join their training team. That is a good best-case scenario.

The reality is that third parties can't create better training than the platform owner. By the time you finish creating a module, they will release an update that changes the screen and workflow rendering your training obsolete

Good luck though and proceed at once if you believe you have the unfair advantage of having first-hand knowledge of the pain points of current trainings.

Thats how I feel about this one, 100%!

To your second point, I agree to a certain extent. There are some major gaps in Trailhead/SFDC documentation, along with random issues that happen in modules right now. I've seen that the work to fix this is often 2-3 updates behind too. Ironic for the platform owner.

However, the admin training programs take this in stride, FocusOnForce is an example of the approach I want to take -> Get the full training up for each Certification, then make minor tweaks every release. They make alot of money doing this (and I am a vocal advocate of them). Salesforce rarely makes a major groundbreaking change (but the potential is there).

Who knows, I could be wrong. Just a perspective I have gotten from my own experience and others.

Biggest thing of importance to me is that I am taking the steps to actually do something, even if it fails.

G

Guest1413tpa

Update for 6/5/2020:

I ended up surveying a few users/power users today. The insight was a bit eye opening to be honest, especially around the marketing. There is 100% a need for the product, and they were very interested in trying out the prototype once I finish that.

I'm working on surveying some of the pseudo/regular admins to get a different perspective on user training, to see where the gaps are.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
So you're like Redhat of Salesforce (but on smaller scale). Cool! Keep us posted.

G

Guest1413tpa

Updates for 6/7/2020:

I've spent the weekend recharging my batteries to be honest, but I did begin to lay out the courses, and research where I want to host them.

I have also been surveying my network of family, friends, current and ex-coworkers, and the Salesforce community as a whole to get some feedback.

If any of you have used Salesforce in the past also, Would love to hear from you. Link here: The State of Salesforce User Training

This week, I want to get a landing page up to start drumming up interest, and begin to lay out the courses and sections a bit more formally.

One more thought->does the community here like to see public progress of work? Was thinking about live streaming work on this once I get into building

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest1413tpa

6/8/2020 Update:

Just letting the survey (The State of Salesforce User Training ) results roll in, as I sketch out the courses. I've been doing some inward thinking and internet research into course formats and also how I want to present this.

More updates to come...

G

Guest1413tpa

6/9 to 6/11/2020

I’ll try to keep these simple. But the past three days have been extremely productivr after my day job for once. This is the key to success, the time I have that is free.

Key items
  1. Surveys continued to roll in, helping provide valuable insight into additional course needs in specialized administrative and management areas.
  2. Ordered some equipment on Amazon to help with lighting and background -two key areas where my video quality stinks.
  3. Laid out 10 courses. Yes, 10. Across a variety of highly specialized subjects in user,admin and management subjects .
  4. Research across the forum , internet into platforms, best practices, etc
  5. And the best for last: Testing my formatting, speaking, training skills and tactics on my target market via work. Not teaching the same subjects I will be teaching but great to keep me motivated.
For next week, the following will happen:
  1. First courses will have a formal writeup/guide. May even start making quizzes, assignments, etc.
  2. Video recording will have to wait until I get my equipment on Tuesday.
  3. Research into video, recording practices.
Overall. This is the most progress I have made on something in the shortest amount of time. Must be the ADHD in me :)

G

Guest1413tpa

6/12/2020

Typically I would not post an update this early, but I have spent the past three hours recording content for a client.

I've noticed a few things I need to improve upon with the videos. Glad I am learning them now:
  • Background noise. Living in a 1 bed in a apartment complex makes cutting the noise difficult. Especially with two dogs.
  • I tend to ramble. I need a good script to guide me with recording.
  • I insert useless info into the video. Need to focus on the key elements. 80/20 rule.
  • Will need to edit videos post recording to include graphics/text. Monologe alone is boring and confusing.

After some more thinking and working on training materials today, I've decided to focus on the following areas as they keep coming up in my research/survey/talking with prospects/customers:
  1. Reports/Dashboards course for Users (Its amazing how many users don't know how to pull data, even though they are typically allowed to do so and it would help them greatly)
  2. Navigation/Efficiency/Shortcuts course for Users (people suck at this you would be surprise)
  3. How to make your dashboards/reports suck less-> Course for Admins/management. (Stop building shitty reports and dashboards, over measuring data).
This makes it MUCH easier to niche in and create a course that is 2-4 hours max. A major problem with existing materials/courses is that they pack too much into a short amount of time, or throw everything/the kitchen sink into a course. Hot garbage in my eyes.

Future Ideas I am notating but shelving for now include the following:
  1. Flagship User Course (Wider range of topics)
  2. Fixing your Org for Admins
  3. Building a System Users love (for admins)
  4. Documentation for Admins
  5. How to train users/communicate with users /get improvement for admins
  6. Management course on SFDC org design/revamp to avoid pitfalls.
  7. Deep Data course for admins
For next week, the following will happen:
  1. First three courses will have a formal writeup/guide. May even start making quizzes, assignments, etc.
  2. Video recording will have to wait until I get my equipment on Tuesday.
  3. Research into video, recording practices.

G

Guest1413tpa

6/13/2020 Update

Brief update for today. I laid out three courses in detail:
  1. Salesforce Reports/Dashboards/List Views for Users (name will change)
  2. Salesforce Reports/Dashboards/List Views for Admins (name will change)
  3. Taming Salesforce - Becoming an Efficient User
All that is left is to fill in the further dots, create some tests/lectures/assignments, and record the videos. I need to do this to keep my ADHD brain in sync.

Also, taking some R&R to go camping and detach for a bit. This is something I believe every enterepreneur needs to do -> Take care of themselves.

G

Guest1413tpa

6/13/2020 Update

Brief update for today. I laid out three courses in detail:
  1. Salesforce Reports/Dashboards/List Views for Users (name will change)
  2. Salesforce Reports/Dashboards/List Views for Admins (name will change)
  3. Taming Salesforce - Becoming an Efficient User
All that is left is to fill in the further dots, create some tests/lectures/assignments, and record the videos. I need to do this to keep my ADHD brain in sync.

Also, taking some R&R to go camping and detach for a bit. This is something I believe every enterepreneur needs to do -> Take care of themselves.

Adding on to this post for today. Decided after going in the woods and being with nature, to only go after the first two courses for now, to avoid going too thin and getting burned out.

Also sharing the name for this/updating the thread name: TameTheForce. Joe Exotic inspired me ;)

G

Guest1413tpa

6/14/2020

So, I have decided to make this thread more like a daily journey, tracking how I am feeling with the project, little bits of progress, and next steps/thoughts. This will help me be accountable for daily action in manageable chunks, so I do not get burnt out.

Feeling
I am exhausted as f***! I spent yesterday house hunting around Traverse City, as camping didn’t work out. On top of that, either my allergies or a sickness are coming on, I can feel it. Not good for productivity, and it may lead to burn out.

To add onto that, I took a peek at Udemy’s resources for course building, and oh man, I am overwhelmed. But that’s ok, one step at a time.

Accomplished today
  • Broke out the course outline for my first Course (Reports/Dashboards/List Views for users), in the following ways:
    • Six Distinct Sections for Udemy (4 of those sections will translate into one Skillshare course a piece)
    • Added in details for a script, what medium
    • Added placeholder sections for the Resources that will be provided.
  • That got me thinking about self-hosting/hosting elsewhere other than Udemy. I have decided to make the courses platform agnostic, meaning I can host them on Udemy/Skillshare, and eventually as a piece of a larger course on my website.
    • The way I broke the sections down is interesting, I expect them to be 30-60 minutes (Including a project for each), which seems to be the right sweet spot for Udemy and Skillshare. I’ll experiment with Skillshare once I get approved/launched on Udemy.
    • On top of that, my courses Qualify for Udemy for Business, along with other business specific offerings (as I am teaching a product used across businesses)
  • Applied for Pluralsight Authorship. This is unique because apparantly they have a specific side just for Salesforce.
    I took a deeper look into the existing Salesforce courses across a variety of platforms to see what people do right/wrong, and the results were surprising:
    • A lot of people are still teaching Salesforce Classic only, and thus have not updated their courses in years, even all the way back to 2014! Its 2020 and Salesforce Lightning Is the future, so I am deciding to focus on that UI only. It seems the reviews on these courses agree with my findings.O
    • All of the courses except for a handful that I previewed were hot garbage. They had monotone presenters (even from Mike Wheeler, the flagship course creator), taught something old, were outdated, or just did a crappy job of presenting information and applying it to real life. That’s the hardest part, but something I plan on making central to my courses.
    • The video and audio quality of courses is shocking to say the least. Looks like that is easy to improve on...
  • Did some research into Udemy/Skillshare requirements. Looks like I need to wait for my equipment to come in order to record a test video to get feedback.
  • I’ve tabled the Admin specific course for now. Focusing on two courses is enough to be honest, as I need to prevent burn out. This applies to my other ideas outside of this -> I did a mass tabling of ideas/projects, to focus on three primary ones
    • TameTheForce (This one)
    • A book Or two
    • My existing ADHD newsletter

For tomorrow
  • Outline more in my first courses (specific talking points, expected time for each section)
  • Start creating some resources
  • Potentially look at outlining my second course
  • More research into Udemy/Skillshare requirements

G

Guest1413tpa

6/15/2020

Short update today...

Daily Feeling
In the pit. Burned out. Exhausted. Figured Out it was because of sleep... getting some tonight.

Completed today
  • PluralSight got in touch! Vetting program is long, but will allow me to have another marketing funnel potentially, and another piece of content.
  • Got organized finally With the Course layout, instead of scattering it across my desk.
  • Continued laying out my first course.

Tomorrow
  • Equipment arrives! I’ll test my setup tomorrow.
  • Continue laying out the scripts/first course.

I wanted to record this weekend as I was going out of town and to a house with space to get away from my dogs, but now the goal is Monday.

I want to get everything edited and approved for Udemy by the 4th or the week after, launching after the fourth.

G

Guest1413tpa

6/16/2020
Feeling

Finally got some rest, which has helped tremendously with my focus and productivity

Done
  • Laid out sections, estimated times, content needed. Started workin on Scripts
  • Explorers using markdown as the basis for self hosted courses
  • Heard from Pluralsight in regards to authorship. Working with them on this.
  • Test equipment
Tomorrow
  • Continue laying on scripts and resources
  • Test equipment

G

Guest1413tpa

6/17/2020

Feeling

Exhausted today. Felt a bit burned out because I am bored at my job. But I really should Be using that time more

Done
  • Finished the Intro and Conclusion Section scripts, including a nice discussion video about things going forward.
  • Exploring using markdown/no code platform as the basis for self hosted courses still! I really am excited about this one potentially.
  • Scheduled meeting with Pluralsight Next week
  • Tested equipment and then realized I have no space for it! It will have to sit in the box until we move. Thankfully, the background behind me isn’t the issue, its lights. So I can use the lights, just not the background.
  • Once I was able to get a recording of my self, I sent it off to Udemy to get some feedback on everything, because I seriously have no idea what I am doing. I am just doing it.
Tomorrow
  • Begin work on the list view, report, dashboard and data sections
  • Hopefully complete at least two of those.

One more thing -> July 15th is my drop dead date. Giving myself enough time to iron out kinks, but also need to speed it up a bit.

G

Guest1413tpa

6/18/2020

Feeling
Well, better. Had to travel out of state for the first time, so not much was done today.

Completed

Started work on writing the reporting/data/list view/dashboard sections. Its slow because I am walking through things in Salesforce and jotting notes down at the same time.

Tomorrow
Continue work on sections above.

G

Guest1413tpa

Ha whoops, forgot to post this yesterday....

6/19 & 20/2020 Update

Feeling

Because of the change in scenery, relaxed. Sitting by the pool in the heat with a White Claw in hand makes it easy to lay out a full course in 2-3 hours (except for resources)

Completed

I laid out the whole course. When I started writing, I was laying scripts and points out word for word.

What a stupid idea. It takes too long. In top of that, I write with bullet points when I am laying something out.

So I swapped to bullet points to keep me on track and avoid being too complicated/rambling.

This allowed me to lay out the lectures, projects. So exciting.

One thing I realized when I was laying courses out, the platform I use for the organization can serve a dual purpose-> I can publish the courses via it and use it for planning. So, I gotta simplify the way I do work. A lot.

Now, recording, editing, creating resources and publishing is left for now.

Tomorrow

Ill begin work on resources. Should be quick, just some brief writing and creation of pages.

Next week, recording will begin!

G

Guest1413tpa

6/21/2020
Back at home after a few days of rest and work on this project. Feelin' good.

I just got done finishing all of the resources for each section. I cut a ton out too.. along with plans for videos. The more I go down the road with building this course, the more time I spend simplifying things.

I've taken a look at the time so far to come up with the idea and begin laying it out in preparation for recording. Guessing three hours so far, with another 3-4 for recording and edits.

I know that none of this is a race, but the ADHD/Driven side of me loves to work as efficiently and accurately as possible. Because this is a cool idea I am interested in building and growing, this makes it easier to work on.

Just a ramble I guess about that. Just happy I am executing for once.

For this week/tomorrow, here is what is up next:
  • Begin Recording all videos
  • Edit Videos as time permits
  • Get Resources into PDF form for Udemy, last minute tweaks
  • Prepare for approval uploading next week.
  • Plan out the simple launch (basically distribution to friends and family to drive reviews/feedback that will lead to paid customers).

G

Guest1413tpa

6/22/2020

Since I didn't hear from Udemy in regards to my test video, I started recording today. Its been tedious but since this my first couse, I am giving myself some time to learn. I've finished the intro section, and then record the additional sections throughout the week.

I also had a call with Pluralsight, and after it, I decided to not pursue them as an avenue as a funnel. Here is why:
  • No control over the content, editing or style of teaching. Direct violation of the C of CENTS.
  • Payment terms are not favorable, and at the whim of them.
  • Long approval and course build process. 10-12 weeks is ridic.
  • Requires an audition with a ton of caveats, which is understandable, but kinda bogus and a direct violation of the C of CENTS.
  • Honestly, the SFDC team there is a bit full of themselves.

I had to slap myself back to reality and remember that I am using Udemy/Skillshare as a way to easily test/funnel people to MY website/products.

I also had to remind myself that the main goal is to teach courses for users, admins and management that are NOT the typical out there. More around a combination of how to use the product efficiently (80/20 rule!), and soft skills that are lacking, such as documentation, process design and other things.

Anyway, rest of this week will be spent recording, section by section. :clench:

G

Guest1413tpa

6/23/2020.

What a F***king joke today was.

My internet has been cut all day, because some idiot took a backhoe to the fiber optics. On top of that, cell service has been spotty.

So no recording has been done today. However, I did spend some time preparing the scripts for tomorrow. I also spent some time in a PE book/course as I prepare that side of my wealth plan.

Tomorrow, pending any technical issues outside of my control,I'll record the section on list views and reports.

I really hate writing a post like this, I feel like I am action faking, but sometimes s**t is outside of your control. :shit:

G

Guest1413tpa

6/24/2020.

This will be the last daily update for a bit. Decided on a couple things:
- I’m getting burnt out. Its not this project, its my fulltime job. I won’t bore on details, but when you work in terrible Salesforce orgs for 8+ hours a day, you get burnt out easily. It really sucks.The ADHD does not help with this at all.
- Im moving work on this to the weekends. These are my most productive days for my projects.
- I’m using the time during the week on focusing on building another project I have in mind.

Updates will be on Monday going forward.

G

Guest1413tpa

6/27 to 6/28/2020.

Well, I tried to record this weekend, but ended up bagging it.

I ultimately decided to pause recording until August 15th atleast.

The reason why? I'm moving to a house in the country that will reduce the amount of background noise and is better lit. I currently live in a apartment complex, and have some rude and loud neighbors that are banging around all day. Outside of my control, the complex doesn't care, and they don't either.

I've also hit a wall of depression and some other personal issues that I need to work through in the next few months.

But not all is lost. I'm going to use the time I dedicate on the weekends to work on laying out the next courses I have planned, so I can record them once I get through this one. Slowing down on the momentum, not giving up.

I'm also working on re-organizing my existing business and pursuing some acquisitions that fell into my lap recently (not opening a thread on this... yet).

G

Guest1413tpa

Ok. Time to provide and update on this.

I got fired from my Salesforce consultant position today.

Good. Now I have time and freedom. Finally. I can finally do what I want and feel happy.

I’ll be restarting this project as soon as I get settled in at my new house. It will be one of the many assets I hope to own under my PE firm.

Sometimes, the world kicks you in the a$$ to get towards the Fastlane.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Considering you "hit a wall of depression" in your last post it sounds like you're managing to stay very positive here. Good! No more job burn out. Fastlane focus only. It's show time!

G

Guest1413tpa

Considering you "hit a wall of depression" in your last post it sounds like you're managing to stay very positive here. Good! No more job burn out. Fastlane focus only. It's show time!

Yes! Thats the hope. I am sure it will be rocky at times but I haven’t been happy in this role for months. So trading my health for stability is never good.

Theunscripted

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Jun 11, 2020
Chandigarh
Hi all,

I have been debating posting this thread for a few days, but here it goes.

I've been an Ideapreneur/Wantpreneur for a while. I'm 27 and have worked in the Salesforce ecosystem for about 5 years on and off (More about that here). After spending time at Non-Profits & PE owned companies running a single Salesforce organization, I took a leap into Consultancy late last year.

Throughout my time in the ecosystem, I've encountered this massive problem: Users are not trained in the basics of the product and how to use it effectively. Yes, many Salesforce orgs are highly customized, but many users still lack basic training of how the product works. Typically this falls on the administration team, which is swamped with other tasks that take a higher priority.

Some large companies have dedicated training staff and programs, but on the SME/Non-profit side, there is a lack of resources (both humans and money) to train individuals. Adding further complication to this, these smaller companies have often have no administrators, leading to untrained power users stepping in and acting as pseudo-admins.

Salesforce admin trainings are prolerfic across the ecosystem (especially the model in my eyes, FocusOnForce), including Salesforce's own program, Trailhead.

User trainings are a bit more sparse, especially on Salesforce's platform. Or, they have the following issues:
  1. Too Long (Who wants to sit in a boring 3+ hour training?)
  2. Boring (Who wants to sit through a PowerPoint Training?)
  3. Too Brief (Trailhead).
  4. Doesn't teach users how to be efficient (all of them in a way).
  5. Outdated (Trainings in Classic for a system that may be on the newest plaform, Lightning)
Entry into this market is harder, because alot of people in the Salesforce ecosystem struggle to break it down in the right way/create a general training that is fun and engaging. Another issue is the fact that many organizations are customized, which provides an avenue for further growth (by customizing programs for organizations). In my experience the majority of the actions users, power users and pseudo-admins take in Salesforce are the same, so this course should be well executed to focus on these points.

Other than the fact that I am making trainings for someone's elses software (a risk I am willing to take given the growth, size and stability of Salesforce and the ecosystem), I plan to have full control over the product, distribution and marketing.

I'm looking at a self-hosted course for both regular users, power users and pseudo-admins (the three areas not well served by existing programs right now), especially in the SME and Non-profit sectors. The courses will contain a mix of multi-media and hands-on training. It has a lot of potential to scale, because once you make the courses, its minimal updates each release, and it also keeps my time to a minimum after my initial investment :cool:

I've named his TameTheForce right now (bought a domain to put a landing page up to test interest), I'm working on getting a prototype/feedback from a variety of potential and current customers and seeing if there really is potential.

I'm interested in seeing where this goes, as many people over the years have asked me for training or loved it. So, in the end, even if it doesn't go somewhere, I'll learn something and maybe provide value for some people :smile2:
I worked for one of the fortune 500 companies, which used Salesforce classic. After a few months of getting used to it , I saw a similar challenge that you've addressed. Our so-called pseudo -administrator at the time was assigned to conduct training and guess what, the training was for a day and then you were left on your own.

When we made the switch to lightning, everyone in the team was reluctant to adjust to the new update. So I did end up training my entire team and suggested feedback for improvements. Quite oddly, some of the team members did find it difficult to pick up the new system.

In short, to address your point there is a gap but I'm not sure if companies would hire a third person for the same. But if you can convince and provide value , this could be something .

All the best

G

Guest1413tpa

I'm subbed for the show & moral support.
You can do it.
Right now, I feel like shit because of what happened, but I know I can do it. I just need to take a few days to collect myself, move and also game plan. My head is not in the right place to take concrete action right now.

My GF has actually beenon my butt about this idea also, saying its one of the best ones I have had.

I worked for one of the fortune 500 companies, which used Salesforce classic. After a few months of getting used to it , I saw a similar challenge that you've addressed. Our so-called pseudo -administrator at the time was assigned to conduct training and guess what, the training was for a day and then you were left on your own.

When we made the switch to lightning, everyone in the team was reluctant to adjust to the new update. So I did end up training my entire team and suggested feedback for improvements. Quite oddly, some of the team members did find it difficult to pick up the new system.

In short, to address your point there is a gap but I'm not sure if companies would hire a third person for the same. But if you can convince and provide value , this could be something .

All the best

These are the type of feedback/stories I like to hear. It validates that the need is there, and that current offerings do not satisfy the market. I'm also passionate about using Salesforce effectively and training, that these stories re-stoke the fire in me. Sorry you went through that experience, in this industry its rare to train people properly. Especially with a Classic to Lightning shift.

I'm looking at this from the lense of a service/product rather than a third party doing in-person or virtual training. Hopefully that would bridge the gap to get companies to buy, or individuals to buy via professional development funds.

Trying to avoid selling my time, but may do some high value trainings in the future.

G

Guest1413tpa

8/20/2020 Update:

I just moved into a lovely farmhouse that is a much better environment for recording. I'm taking the rest of August to get setup, deal with some personal issues that have stacked up, and work on thinking and planning the courses (again).

I'm working on re-scoping the courses, the direction with some of them has changed a bit, but they still fall into the following categories:
  • Users
  • Pseudo-admins
  • Admin/Salesforce Professional Soft Skills Training

I feel like a jerk for taking a few weeks to breathe, as it may be perceived as being lazy, but mentally I need it to get my head straight. Hopefully that is ok. I have been burned out for over a year.

I'll be launching this product in tandem with my little PE firm I am building, Trash Panda Capital, as the first product in the portfolio (speaking of that, wonder if I should create a new thread for that project, as its now the main one...)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.