The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Toxic friend

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

mve0991

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
In the example of a relationship, I think you should be somewhat on the same page, or at least understand and accept each other to make it work. My girlfriend and I are completely different when it comes to entrepreneurship, but because we talk about it and understand and support each other, we do not see this as a problem in our relationship. She is now even interested in reading the book :)

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
No, you gotta look out for number 1.
I've never, ever regretted cutting out a toxic person in it life. Only regretted not cutting them out SOONER.

eccehomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
How do you guys deal with a failed friendship or relationship in general? Entrepreneurship, finances, health are all on you. But a relationship is a two way street. As someone dedicated to success I want to succeed in everything I do including relationships but what if the other person is not conscious enough for success or is a bad influence or doesnt reciprocate? I feel if I let it go I would feel like a failure because maybe there was something I couldve done?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
You can't control other people. You can only control yourself and the way you react/respond to people.

If a person doesn't want to do something or doesn't want to be something there is nothing that you can do aside from become fully informed and empowered to make a decision based on this information.... you can either continue to carry on and deal with them or, you can disengage/ disregard them.

Lead by example. Never try to change anyone or impose upon them.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
How do you guys deal with a failed friendship or relationship in general? Entrepreneurship, finances, health are all on you. But a relationship is a two way street. As someone dedicated to success I want to succeed in everything I do including relationships but what if the other person is not conscious enough for success or is a bad influence or doesnt reciprocate? I feel if I let it go I would feel like a failure because maybe there was something I couldve done?

Ditch your toxic friend and never look back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 6, 2020
US
I try to see if spending time with people gives me energy or if it drains it. If you feel tired or stressed after spending time with your friend, it's not a good sign.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.