The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To You Fastlaners

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
How did you guys become fast laners and how did you get in the fast lane? To all my multi millionaires on here. people like MJ what did you do before this site? How many people on here make there money from sites?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Unfortunately I'm very unsympathetic for people who aren't willing to go through the main forum categories, but that was very nice of you Analyzer.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
mtnman, I hear ya!

I'm amazed at how NICE and helpful many people on this forum are. There are some questions that I just wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. And inevitably someone wades in with way more patience than I have and kindly answers the questions.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
I would have said the same thing, use the search function or check whats on the boards.

Analyzer, REP+ because you took your time out for someone who is too lazy to take their own time.

-Alex

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
Unfortunately I'm very unsympathetic for people who aren't willing to go through the main forum categories, but that was very nice of you Analyzer.

I would have said the same thing, use the search function or check whats on the boards.

Analyzer, REP+ because you took your time out for someone who is too lazy to take their own time.

-Alex

here we go with this BS first of yall i wanted everybody story on here not just the main people i thought we had a few more people in the fastlane than that. so why would you post in this thread if you having nothing good to contribute. do i come to you guys threads with that "here we go again BS"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think high gas prices have all of our panties in a tizzy... :p

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I doubt you are going to get many answers with a response like that.

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
hey MJ

What's wrong? What can't I be happy? I have no money. I owe tons. My business is nickeling and diming me. I am so unhappy with myself. I've seem to lost control. I have no motivation anymore. Lazy. Don't want to work. Lazy. I hate myself. My mind seems so negative and destructive. I hate life right now. I hope something changes soon. I must change. What's happening? Why does nothing go right? What can't I be happy? Why can't I even make a freaking thousand dollars a month? Why? Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. FN Loser.

when you felt like this what kept you moving? I try to push myself everyday but when it seems like im not gaining I just want to quit sometimes. Your story really motivated me to try harder at what i do.

3) Throw away "how can I make money?" mindset. It will lead you no where.

what do you mean by this? because I ask myself this everyday I thought it was a good thing to think like that.

Antw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
hey MJ

What's wrong? What can't I be happy? I have no money. I owe tons. My business is nickeling and diming me. I am so unhappy with myself. I've seem to lost control. I have no motivation anymore. Lazy. Don't want to work. Lazy. I hate myself. My mind seems so negative and destructive. I hate life right now. I hope something changes soon. I must change. What's happening? Why does nothing go right? What can't I be happy? Why can't I even make a freaking thousand dollars a month? Why? Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. FN Loser.

when you felt like this what kept you moving? I try to push myself everyday but when it seems like im not gaining I just want to quit sometimes. Your story really motivated me to try harder at what i do.

what do you mean by this? because I ask myself this everyday I thought it was a good thing to think like that.

I'm interested into hearing this answer. Because me asking myself "How can I make money" helps me move closer to where I want to be at.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

If you start with the goal of making money it will lead you to paths that you may not like. I don't think many businesses are started with the goal of just making money.

For example, youtube began because the founders wanted to find a way for others to share videos online. They didn't ask "how do I make money" and then brainstorm into a solution of creating a video sharing platform.

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
ok I have a question for everybody.

I here alot about do what you like to do and the money will come BUT what if what you like to do is get money?

Thats what I like to do. I want to go down as a great business man so should I count that by how much money I make?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
phoenix_ent-

A few questions for you:

1. What do you do, currently, to make money?

2. How many hours per day (and week) do you do (above) to make money?

3. What is your current net worth (incl all debts, loans, credit cards, car loans, etc).

Based on the answers to these questions, I'll be better able to answer yours (above).

Thanks,

Russ H.

phoenix_ent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
May 27, 2008
1. I have a main job right now for DHL(which I dont like. I feel like how MJ was I know im not suppose to be working) I been making a good lil amount playing online poker but for some reason I always blow that money now im focus on investing. Im creating 3 sites right now to try to bring in extra cash.

2. Alot. I cant even figure out a number. I work between 30-35 hours a week. Then I play online poker for a few hours a day depending no how I'm doing. plus a few hours working on site and trying to build my seo.

3.My current net worth right now is 0. I had a baby May 15 so I spent my savings on baby stuff, buying a car, and some unnecessary items on myself. Also right now I'm on this improve my credit score thing so I'm trying to pay off some debt.

thats why I always feel I'm not moving forward cause I always in up at square one. but right now i have a new mindset where I look at it like I'm building something. I consider my self laying down the foundation right now. Without a good foundation your building wont stand right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.