The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TMFL

BRichard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 31, 2017
North Carolina
Hello all,

Very excited to be in a community of those who are actively engaged in the pursuit of changing their paradigm and reshaping their lives!
Brief background: My upbringing was standard upper middle class life, 2 working parents, school + sport, college, move home after college, enter the workforce, pay bills, expand life to meet new pay, etc
My actions reflect the mediocrity of Slowlane lifestyle, and it was hammered into my psyche for as long as I can remember:
"Money doesn't grow on trees"
"Just get a college degree, that piece of paper is the most important thing"
"Get a government job, they have great benefits"
"Management is where the big money is"
"Everything in moderation"
"A 401k is the best way to save for retirement" - "Get that company match, it's free money!"

After listening to the audiobook version of The Millionaire Fastlane (for the 2nd time) i realized the near insanity of statements like those above that have shaped my life to-date. To settle for a "job" rather than find a need in the marketplace. To always shoot for the middle and not strive for something outside the norm.
I accomplished most of the standard goals that American culture sets for us: get a college degree, get a job at a big company, get a promotion, get a raise, buy a home, get a car loan, etc etc.
I even managed to pursue athletics (competing as well as coaching) in the off-hours for some health benefits and pursuit of a true passion. However, I felt a creeping dread that I was possibly on the wrong path. It hit me the day I turned 30 (no joke). I literally woke up and felt like I had a hangover without drinking any booze the night before, and looking ahead at the road I was on was not just dull and miserably boring.....but absolutely terrifying. The prospect of setting my alarm clock 5 days/week to enrich someone else for another 35 years makes the dread feel much more imminent. TMFL has helped to further illuminate the fact that we can change our reality and that we do NOT have to accept the garbage that is spewed down to us by the "experts".

I am evaluating current investing activities to determine if they fit within the framework of TMFL. So far there are a couple that fit the bill, and will allow me to get out of the Slowlane in a few years if I bust it hard starting now.
The prospect of a life spent suffering for 2% pay increases, 15 days paid-time-off per year, never catching up on sleep, never pursuing my athletic pursuits (while my body is physically able), is terrifying......but thankfully instills a massive sense of urgency into me.

I look forward to seeing others' journeys down the Fastlane, and hope to provide a success story in a few short years for everyone to read :)
Thanks for reading!
BR

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Welcome to the forums! Lots of us here pushing to get out of the slowlane. You should read (or listen to) MJ's new book Unscripted . I think it will really ring a bell with you! We had a very similar upbringing and life it sounds like and I know I'm loving Unscripted .

Read everything here and learn a lot. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am evaluating current investing activities to determine if they fit within the framework of TMFL.

Unscripted has the entire framework, TMFL only has the structure from a business standpoint.

Welcome to the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BRichard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 31, 2017
North Carolina
Welcome to the forums! Lots of us here pushing to get out of the slowlane. You should read (or listen to) MJ's new book Unscripted . I think it will really ring a bell with you! We had a very similar upbringing and life it sounds like and I know I'm loving Unscripted .
Read everything here and learn a lot. Don't hesitate to ask questions!
@Patrick R Thanks a lot, I've downloaded the first 5 chapters, will knock out the book once I finish those!

Hey BRichard, welcome to the forum, you're in a great space to share, learn and grow into your greatness. :)
@Iammelissamoore Thanks, very eager to accelerate into the Fastlane!

Unscripted has the entire framework, TMFL only has the structure from a business standpoint.
Welcome to the forum!
@MJ DeMarco Thanks MJ, looking forward to it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...