The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tired of making others wealthy

CementFeet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I have lived in multiple locations in the USA (both coasts) and now reside in the South. I have over 20 years experience as an engineer, and during that time, did a great job of making others wealthy. I started my own company several years ago as a side excursion - but failed to dedicate any time to this and got sucked into the slowlane trap of working for income and leveraging my intrinsic value. I have made a decent salary, but my goals have never been realized financially as I watch my investments continuously get crushed by freak events in the stock market (I have been investing since college and made more mistakes than I care to admit). I'm really tired of working for people who make promises and never keep them, especially on potential equity in a company, or for bringing in new work. I am executing with another potential fast-laner on an idea that meets all of the CENTS criteria. I am still making many mistakes, and spread too thin on multiple ideas. I hope this forum gives me the insight I need to make better decisions. @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Engineering is a great skill to have for Fastlane pursuits. Welcome aboard my friend.

marblack2002

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 26, 2017
US
I'm with you on that. I'm worldly educated and am still working for others instead of myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Hi @CementFeet and welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be. Read all of the GOLD threads here, and if you've read the book then goto the following thread and post there to get your badge.

GOLD - I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

As another engineer with about the same tenure in industry, I've been in mechanical & electrical design for the duration. I've recently started my first business on the side in physical products & innovation while continuing to work a full time JOB. What is your field? I'm interested in hearing more about your business venture(s).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CementFeet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Hi @CementFeet and welcome to the forum. It's a great place to be. Read all of the GOLD threads here, and if you've read the book then goto the following thread and post there to get your badge.

GOLD - I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

As another engineer with about the same tenure in industry, I've been in mechanical & electrical design for the duration. I've recently started my first business on the side in physical products & innovation while continuing to work a full time JOB. What is your field? I'm interested in hearing more about your business venture(s).

CementFeet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Hi - my background is in Mech & Nuke Eng and have worked mainly in commercial and gov't aerospace. I started a small medical side business to play around with selling IP and it has led to meeting like minded folks. I have pivoted many times but haven't produced anything per se. I am planning on working the global side of e-commerce and the "control" part of the build. I have actually started this process, but it's just really slow moving -- my own fault.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...