The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time to execute

Daytraderz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2016
Virginia
The last post I made was about me being stuck in my current start-up, but at last, I am free again thanks to the helpful advice from you guys. I have decided to plan as little as possible for now and focus on my product development, supply-chain, finances, and some other small but important things. For those who didn't read the last post, I am creating a visor company. I have done research on this market and I can't find a company that solely focuses on visors which allows me an easy entry into the hat industry. There are plenty of companies with visors, but none that specialize in them. While I will be specializing in visors, i'm going to be selling my beliefs more than my products. I don't want to go too much into detail on this but if you're truly interested on hearing about it, just send me a PM.

Now for the reason why i'm posting this... I am new to this as I am 19 years old, so I have a couple of questions about product development and getting prototypes created. I am dissecting the visor right now and detailing out everything I like/don't like, want/dont want for each separate component of the visor. Once I figure out exactly what I want in my visors and get my measurements for everything, how should I go about getting a prototype created of it? Should I try to make my own virtual one with photoshop (I bought this for pattern development)? or should I look else where? Any help and advice is appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Daytraderz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2016
Virginia
Do you have an idea of how you'll get your final product produced? If you can figure that out, the company that does your final production can probably help you with finding someplace to do your prototyping (they might even do it themselves).

If you don't have any idea where you'll outsource the final production, I would suggest looking into that before you go much further.

Alright, so find out my supply-chain first (which will not be out-sourced, i'll be using american made materials and have it produced in America as well, it's all part of my mission statement and business philosophy), then negotiate with my potentials, find my manufacturer, and ask him about prototyping? Of course, I will need in detail exactly how I want the visor made, with what measurements, with what fabrics, etc...

G

GuestUserX09

It wouldn't be a functional visor.. but many local universities should have 3D printers in their art departments and there's a high chance that you could hand the task off to a student or instructor for free or maybe $20. There are also companies who will let you send them virtual specs and they will print and ship it to you.

I'd start with the virtual rendering, someone could spec up a nice couple prototypes of the visor on Fiverr or Upwork, under $30 I'm sure. Then hand the renderings off to someone local to 3D print one using a clear plastic. That may be the cheapest way to produce some accurate prototypes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.