The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tik Tok is open for Business!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

Interesting timing, with big advertisers pulling out of Facebook recently, and also Tik Tok facing privacy issues.

Has anyone here tried growing a Tik Tok audience in anticipation of this? We started in January this year, have a following of around 80k, so will be interesting to see how it pans out moving forward. Facebook ads seems to have gotten more expensive recently.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Putt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 1, 2020
I've worked with a number of brands, building accounts on TikTok. It is incredibly easy to grow very quickly. Is it an audience with purchasing intent? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the brand awareness is crazy.

Key advice is context, context, context. Make your content contextual. TikTok is not a platform that you can repurpose old content for. It requires a time investment but if you put the time in you will get results.

When I was first accepted as a TikTok partner/advertiser back in January, the first thing I was told (and I'm pretty sure they still say on LinkedIn) was "Don't make ads". The beauty of TikTok and the reason for TikTok's success was authenticity and 'realness'. Instagram just became polished pictures of polished lifestyles. You're far better of releasing a video of your team doing something fun over lunch, or something behind the scenes rather that fancy product photography.

It's so easy to grow on TikTok, I'd say stick organic rather than ads, unless you have a large budget and want to do a brand takeover.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
@Putt great summary!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.