The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ticket brokerage

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
Hi all

I am looking to be able to buy entertainment tickets to resell.

does anyone know how to find these at discount prices to buy in
bulk?

It goes with one of our websites and I'm contemplating selling them
myself or just doing an affiliate program.

Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BLSH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 14, 2008
You would need to buy at cost from TicketMaster/Venues and then re-sell these tickets.

TicketMaster and most venues have policies in place (2/4/8 per show, etc.) to discourage the re-selling of tickets.

Only way to buy tickets in bulk that I know is if you would have multiple people present at various TM locations with cash in hand, when the shows go on for sale. Even this doesnt guarantee you the best seats because they dont sell them in order. They hold blocks of tickets for radio stations promotions/venue employees/etc. and release them closer to dates of the show.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
There is no buying in bulk, and there are no discounts.

I've done this from time to time to make extra money, and you need to pay full price + all the taxes and fees, you can only buy a max of 8 tickets at a time from Ticketmaster, and you need to BANK (or BET) on the fact that they're going to increase in value via a sellout long before the actual event occurs.

I've had it go both ways... On a Jimmy Buffet concert once I 5X'd my money on 8 tickets... and on an All American Rejects concert once I got stuck with 8 tickets, and had to take 7 of my friends. To be safe I only buy tickets that are within driving distance of me, because if I ever can't move a couple tickets, I can always go to the show to take the edge off ;)

- Hakrjak:thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.