The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts?

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
How to Access Retirement Funds Early

This author advocates ways to use 401k to compound pre-tax money and employer match contributions, letting it compound tax free over many years.

He even did the math and showed that with the early withdrawal 10% penalty, it still made financial sense because of the tax-free compounding.

Thoughts?

Debating which is the better path
1. Contribute only up to employer match amount, and use the funds
2. Contribute up to the max IRS limit of $18,000, let funds compound, and withdraw it for early retirement using the method described in the article.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
How to Access Retirement Funds Early

This author advocates ways to use 401k to compound pre-tax money and employer match contributions, letting it compound tax free over many years.

He even did the math and showed that with the early withdrawal 10% penalty, it still made financial sense because of the tax-free compounding.

Thoughts?

Debating which is the better path
1. Contribute only up to employer match amount, and use the funds
2. Contribute up to the max IRS limit of $18,000, let funds compound, and withdraw it for early retirement using the method described in the article.

Nothing wrong with 401ks and IRAs as a little extra retirement money, but why bother with stuff like this as a wealth building vehicle.

Contribution limits + stock market + government regulated withdrawals = devil's butthole trifecta of lack of control.

CosMoen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Feb 19, 2011
Nothing wrong with 401ks and IRAs as a little extra retirement money, but why bother with stuff like this as a wealth building vehicle.

Contribution limits + stock market + government regulated withdrawals = devil's butthole trifecta of lack of control.

I understand...but at the same time I work in a very high income tax state and save about 50k/year of my take home pay for investment purposes (live on 30k).
It hurts me how much in taxes I am paying and I am looking for ways to shelter my income while still working a day job.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I understand...but at the same time I work in a very high income tax state and save about 50k/year of my take home pay for investment purposes (live on 30k).
It hurts me how much in taxes I am paying and I am looking for ways to shelter my income while still working a day job.

Guess it all comes down to which eventuality worries you more. :clench:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
I max mine out, I dont have anything better to do with the $$ really.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.