The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on Drop-Shipping in 2021??

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
It means helping someone sell a product, and helping buyers to find it. Not a scam, but you can still be scammed if you work with the wrong seller, advertise in the wrong place, or worse, you buy a terrible dropshipping course.

It can be scaled, but not through hard work. The idea is that the 'hard work' of manufacturing, storing and shipping the product is outsourced. Your job is to sell. It takes hard work to find products, build online stores, create ads, test them... but from there you have to make smart decisions.

If you were less short-sighted, you would prefer to have control over the product quality and its delivery, but you cannot with dropshipping. It is questionable how you can make it work long-term or scale beyond what the supplier will manage.

If you actually want to do it, figure out what will be your advantage. If I saw your website, products, ads, customers, suppliers-- what would prevent me from competing with you? The barrier of entry is so low that most can try it, so get one or more unfair advantages, or it will not work out for you.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
1. asking the wrong questions. shift to what value you can provide? and what audience you can create / solve a problem for?
2. put a few $xk into dropshipping and see. instead of asking for the step by step as an excuse to not get started, get started.

Just getting started is the hardest part of this. So jump in and DO. Then report back to help the community.

stay on your current path, and you'll be 22, pissed, and haven't done shit.

challenge to get you started: turn $1 into $2.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mpeace319

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 3, 2021
I’ve been researching different business systems I can get into. I’m currently 20 years old and internet business seem to be one of the best I’ve found. The most popular overall is dropshipping. - Does anyone have any experience in dropshipping or know someone who does?? Is it a scam?? Or is it a business that can genuinely scale up to 6-7 figures in profit?? (Through consistent hard work of course)

thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

$MakingMitch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 26, 2021
I'm looking to do the same thing in 2022 after saving up some more cash
Ideally, I want to start drop shipping but if a product starts to take off than try to convert it into a branded store
Keep us updated with your progress! We're all here to encourage others

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...