The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This Really Happened!!!

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
So my girlfriend and I took a weekend trip to the NY fingerlakes for a couple of days of wineries and a stay in one of our favorite B&B's. It was about a 2 1/2 hour drive. On the way down, as most travellers do, we became thirsty and a bit hungry, so we pulled into a Dunkin Donuts that we were passing by. What happened next was tailor-made for the Fastlane Forum Funnies...

Drive-thru guy: Welcome to Dunkin Donuts, may I have your order?

Me: Yes, I would like a caramel latte, two vanilla cream donuts, and a hot tea.

Drive-thru guy: Sir, we're out of donuts (saying it as if to say I should know better than to ask). Would you like something else?

Me: (completely dumb-founded)...ummm, you don't have any donuts?

Drive-thru guy: Let me check (now irritated and russling around in the background)...we have one glazed donut left.

Me: (continued complete dumb-foundedness)...Well, I guess I'll just take the drinks.

Okay, maybe not told as well as it unfolded in front of me, but come on! It was 11:00 in the morning! This place should be hopping with donuts! Whats next, no french fries at McDonalds? No coffee at Starbucks? No chicken at KFC?

We did have a great time, though. Just would have loved a donut for the ride.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL
Just another perfect example of why it's so easy to make money running a business, since this is the type of people you compete with. :rofl:

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Here's a similar tale. Out to eat at the coast local restaurant called The Big Fisherman. Husband Orders the Seafood platter; it’s supposed to come with shrimp, oysters, scallops, deviled crab and fish.
Sorry sir we are out of shrimp do you still want the platter?
Well, Ok just substitute extra oysters for the shrimp.
Well absolutely not! We have no substitutions.
Ok then what do you do to serve the platter when you are out of something?
Well, I don't know, I just don't know but I know we have No Substitutions.
(By this time raising his voice) and almost in tears.:smxD:

So, we just order blackened Red Fish and hit the road.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0"]YouTube - The Cheese Shop sketch, Monty Python[/ame]

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Whats next, no french fries at McDonalds? No coffee at Starbucks? No chicken at KFC?

We did have a great time, though. Just would have loved a donut for the ride.

Last week, while driving to NY (just a coincidence), we stopped at Starbucks around 10am and my wife asked for a caramel macchiato.

The guy behind the counter said the expresso machine/coffee machine was broken; they only had black coffee. She asked if he was joking and he got irritated as if she was bothering him.

All these chains are jokes with the idiots they hire (they could care less about the customers or customer service). So Merkin, in a way, no coffee at Starbucks! You don't go to Starbucks to buy "black coffee" for $4 a pop! I am glad I hate coffee!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last week, while driving to NY (just a coincidence), we stopped at Starbucks around 10am and my wife asked for a caramel macchiato.

The guy behind the counter said the expresso machine/coffee machine was broken; they only had black coffee. She asked if he was joking and he got irritated as if she was bothering him.

All these chains are jokes with the idiots they hire (they could care less about the customers or customer service). So Merkin, in a way, no coffee at Starbucks! You don't go to Starbucks to buy "black coffee" for $4 a pop! I am glad I hate coffee!

Then they put tip jars on the counter ... you need a tip??? For what? Doing your job and giving me my 23 cents change?

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Then they put tip jars on the counter ... you need a tip??? For what? Doing your job and giving me my 23 cents change?

Tell me about it!

FYI:SBUX is down 33% from their 52-week high in a pure down-trend!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Call me a tightwad, but anytime someone openly asks for a tip or required gratuity, my wallet clamps shut. To me it seems like begging. They're just lucky I don't have a rolled up newspaper on hand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.