The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

this might be an old trick but its new to me

Marketing, social media, advertising

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
Talking to a friend today he was telling me about his night last. I listened to him and after he was finish I figured I would share the story. It is about how one bar in town had a marketing genius idea
or everyone might know this trick and I'm just to new to realize it, because I have never looked at it from this angle.

Here it goes as told to me. Local bar has a event where if you pay cover charge they will give yo a free ugly sweater, so my friend goes and pays the $3 to get in. He and several others stand in line for several hours to be one of the lucky 700 to get one of these free sweaters. While there he had a couple of drinks and admitted that he spent almost $70 that night. But he was very proud of his sweater

(granted if it wasn't for MJ's book I would have been in line with him)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
If that wasn't bad enough, you should look at Black Friday.

Psychology at work here. But it should be at max effect in niches where you serve Sidewalkers and Slowlaners. In fields with higher magnitude like real estate or machinery the customers would be more likely to take a closer look.

Last edited by a moderator:

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
Well with my eyes opening to all the lanes I have been noticing more things like that. And since I'm moving out of the slowlane there are still so much to learn

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.