The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This Is What The Slowlane Looks Like

Anything related to matters of the mind

AshrafI

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 6, 2018
Birmingham, Not Alabama
This animation is a clear insight into what the Slowlane or Ratrace looks like and highlights all the problems people have whilst living a SCRIPTED life.

If you take a look at the comments section, you can find countless amounts of people whining about their problems in their lives, but can't be bothered to actually do anything.

I've watched this video multiple times before and can't find anyone who has actually posted it. So I apologise if someone had posted this video before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Interesting video, the whole rat race aside, I found it interesting how "happiness" and "happy" where plastered all throughout. I've had this mental thread that anytime I see "happy" when something is being sold, I become wary. I think at the subconscious level it triggers some type of response from you as they are creating cognitive dissonance within you(a problem) and then they present the product(the solution) which will solve the problem they just created. The dissonance is that your life doesn't match the presented life.

Almost like a doctor breaking your arm and then offering to fix it on the spot. It's getting very sophisticated out there with these influence techniques. The video is shedding a little light on that.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
If this is what happiness is I wonder what sadness is

The video makes a good play on that, which is why I liked it. It exposes the "happiness"/"happy" bullshit line. My happiest times have been when I was struggling to accomplish something, it's counter intuitive but for me has been true. My times of sustained struggle to accomplish something I felt was worthwhile have been my happiest, no pills/drugs required.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.