The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is What Happens When a Sidewalker Wins the Lotto

Fanny Bomb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 16, 2016
Glasgow

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Yeah I read about this.

She argues that it's "not about the money" and that she is just trying to get the message out that giving a 16 year old £1m is dangerous and "stressful"

I think she is propably right tbh. If she had EARNED that money I guarantee she wouldn't have been way more responsible with it.

At 16 £1m could set you up for life if used as a tool. But no 16 year old has gained the life experience to know that yet.

Fanny Bomb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 16, 2016
Glasgow
True, I guess it's about having the right people around you at that age to guide you into making sensible decisions with it. I'd have blown the lot at that age I'm sure!

Slightly off topic but in terms of mindset and perspective I like this guys video on winning the lotto. His style is pretty 'Wacky' but i thought it was quite insightful.

View: https://youtu.be/k4juimeO9iQ

We've already won!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yeah I read about this.

She argues that it's "not about the money" and that she is just trying to get the message out that giving a 16 year old £1m is dangerous and "stressful"

I think she is propably right tbh. If she had EARNED that money I guarantee she wouldn't have been way more responsible with it.

At 16 £1m could set you up for life if used as a tool. But no 16 year old has gained the life experience to know that yet.
Suing people to get the message out? Lawsuits are expensive as hell!
This is why I don't like it when people waste money and time to sent out any message.

Getting money is stressful if you don't know what in the hell to do with it, let alone do a Fastlane venture with it.
Getting fuel into the car is stressful if you don't know what in the hell to do with it. For all you know, it could blow you to bits sky-high considering its flammability.

@Waspy, on experiences, let's say that you and I are not willing to face certain experiences in life. There's a reason why people run away from monsters in movies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Drew D

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Feb 16, 2017
Canada, ON
Yeah I read about this.

Agreed I'm 20 and have the knowledge to retire really soon with that.

At 16 I would have bought a 1 million $ lambo and it'd be gone. And I probably would have crashed the lambo within a week too. Teens are reckless lol.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
£1m EuroMillions winner considers suing Lotto bosses after claiming jackpot at 17 ‘ruined her life’

True that it will for someone young and with no sense. I would probably be a damn monster if I'd had everything given to me at 17.

That said, when the prodigal son wasted his inheritance and came home, he didn't sue his dad for more money.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
I don't believe her for 1 second. If she is truly that miserable, she doesn't have to cash the checks or keep the money. She could give it all away and go get herself a JOB. I'm calling BS on her.

thegreenone90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 9, 2017
Europe
So she's basically suing the Lotto for money because they have ruined her life giving her money? That should solve it all. I guess it sound plausible enough in her head to try to get a new handout :rofl:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I don't believe her for 1 second. If she is truly that miserable, she doesn't have to cash the checks or keep the money. She could give it all away and go get herself a JOB. I'm calling BS on her.

You don't get regular checks with a win like that. One day your account just has 6 more zeros on it.

And it's funny you say about giving it away. She said one of the most stressful things was choosing who to give money to and how much... so stressful

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like she just wants attention.

The first thing she did was get a boob job, then two properties, a Louis Vuitton handbag, a chihuahua and a new car. Sounds like she's trying to live a movie star lifestyle.

Now she's in the news talking about "considering" suing them. After they did this:

Bosses at Camelot, who run the EuroMillions lottery, say they appointed an independent financial and legal panel to help Jane manage her winnings as well as putting her in touch with another winner who scooped a jackpot at the same age.

This sounds a whole lot like someone who just wants more attention and has nothing to do with suffering.

Regardless, this is typical news. Stats show that most lottery winners are back where they started a few years after winning. You can solve bad money habits with more money.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Sounds like she just wants attention.

It's almost like young people with large sums of money they didn't earn are notorious attention whores. :clench:

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
True, I guess it's about having the right people around you at that age to guide you into making sensible decisions with it. I'd have blown the lot at that age I'm sure!

Slightly off topic but in terms of mindset and perspective I like this guys video on winning the lotto. His style is pretty 'Wacky' but i thought it was quite insightful.

View: https://youtu.be/k4juimeO9iQ

We've already won!
Good perspectives lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.