The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is what 60 Pounds (27 KGS) Looks Like

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I was in the grocery store the other day, and snapped this photo. Each bag of flour weighs 5 pounds. Next time you are in the grocery store, pick one up. Feel how heavy that is. The bottom shelf of this photo represents 60 pounds.

32829061_1663059267148863_8383368427661688832_o.jpg

That's how much extra weight I am carrying around. Every day. Every time I get up from a couch. Every time I play with my kid. Every time I walk down the street. Imagine carrying the weight of 12 of those flour sacks with you every hour of the day, every day of the week, every week of the year.

I'm killing myself. What would it be like to unchain that weight? I have no idea. I have been fat for years.

It all changes now.

There was one time in my life where I reversed the curve. As you've read all of the threads recently here, weight management for most people is not rocket science. You burn more calories than you eat, you lose weight. The one time I did this right was when I was eliminating all of the garbage and for me, cutting out the carbs.

So I looked at Paleo (pretty rigid) and Keto (unsustainable). I settled on the South Beach Diet, because in my younger days, that is the health regimine that I did that melted off the fat and was sustainable for me for the long haul.

I cheated this time, because I can. I ordered a month's worth of customized food directly from the folks at www.southbeachdiet.com so that I could have a turnkey, forced fat reduction. And I can tell you that for 30 days, I won't deviate from it. They're sending me breakfast, lunch and dinner, a month's worth along with a few snacks inbetween as prescribed by them. I will add to it some non-starch vegetables, and that will be it, kids.

And I will share with you here the real numbers. I won't wear you out every single day, but will do a few checkins a week. If you're not interested, simply ignore the thread. However, I am posting it to keep it real, and to hopefully encourage other fatasses out there to take radical action to achieve radical results.

If you want to do it but don't have the up front dough to hire them to be your chef for a month, no worries. South Beach is a plan that simply shows you from what you would normally have available what to eat and not to eat. We all kind of know that anyway, but they systemize it. They make it simple. The first week is radical, similar in nature towards triggering it Ketosis although they call it something else. However, you don't need to buy the food plan. You can simply buy the latest edition of the book from Amazon and follow that. https://www.amazon.com/dp/031237206X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I need a radical shakeup in my life, and @LightHouse gave me shit about not going all in on something so important.

Since I will adhere to the plan ALL IN with 100% discipline, you'll be able to see first hand if it works or not. You'll get the real numbers. But frankly, how could replacing chocolate donuts (@Chitown) with bell peppers NOT work? It will work. I'll be doing 30 minutes of exercise a day (up from zero) and eating what they think is the perfect low carb, balanced diet.

I'm going all in. Time to shake shit up. No big declaration without big action. I am expecting results. While this is not a 30 day plan (it's a forever plan) the thread will be alive for the next 30 days because I want you to see that you can do what ever you set your mind to.

Everyone's got issues. It is what you DO about those issues that defines your life. If health is a variable that to a certain degree I can influence for today, then I owe it to my family to make some radical changes.

The shipment of food arrives by Friday, but unlike a lot of people who make a "resolution" I'm not binging beforehand. I binged for decades. I am ready to rock and roll. Look for a photo from this weekend of what a 50# food delivery looks like.

::May 16, 2018 : 275 pounds.::
IMG_20180516_084920_1.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have a reasonable chance of breaking through 260 by Sunday (father's day). Which would be a great milestone, on top of the 5k I am doing on Sunday. However, I am not going to do anything artificial to meet that artificial deadline. Just following the plan.

As I approach 15 lbs lost (in just under 3 weeks) here are a few random thoughts :

• As far as "easy" weight to come off, it is expected that the Ketosys will produce a radical weight loss in the first few weeks. Would be nice if I could continue to drop 15 lbs every three weeks, but that's not the way this works. So, the jumpstart worked and the easier weight is falling off. Nearly 3 x 5# bags of sugar in weight removed
  • Today I am the heaviest I will hopefully ever be again. Same with yesterday, and same with tomorrow.
  • Once I started drinking that much water, what is amazing is that my body now wants that much water and when I don't do it, something feels off. The body responds to the super hydration as a naturally created filter. I think the water is critical.
  • I am wearing a shirt today that three weeks ago I probably wouldn't have picked as it was noticeably tighter. So that's fun. And that's just the beginning.
  • I am back to wearing my wedding ring every day. When you get fat, the fat goes everywhere including your hands. Losing fat I think it starts to come off of certain areas for me faster, like my face, my hands, my (literal) beer gut
  • The eating cycle was easier to break the way I did it (essentially with a strict plan and food created by someone else). If you don't have the money to do that, you still could do it a day at a time by following a strict, scheduled meal plan.
  • I spend less money on food today than I did three weeks ago.
  • I don't miss the carbs.
  • I have cheated exactly zero, with the exception of a couple of ingredients that have slipped in here and there. By cheating, I am talking about there have been no "screw it I am just going to eat this chocolate cake" moments because I really believe that being healthier feels better than any food tastes.
  • I think eventually you lose the memory of the taste of the foods that created the fat. Like, I love(d) pork sausage, but it's terrible for you. I can eat turkey sausage that's not. On south beach, you could start your day with an egg or two, skipping the toast that would normally accompany that. I haven't had a crumb of bread in 3 weeks. South beach says I could reintroduce whole grain breads, but why would I? It's not that far of a slippery slope between that and the occasional "well, I can have one piece of shitty for you bread" and if I don't really miss it, why reintroduce it?
  • We made some kick a$$ taco salads the other night with zero carbs.
  • We went to a kick a$$ salad bar last night. It was devoid of most proteins (I did not add beans) but all in all, a change from the way we normally would go out
  • I am considering making some carb free margaritas tonight (tequila, fresh lime juice and a drop of orange extract). Probably will be great as I have had zero alcohol in three weeks.
  • I drink way less energy drinks than I did when I started. Not sure if I was drawing my hydration that way (making my body work overtime for it) or literally getting my energy that way to combat being a sloth. In any case, I had no plans of quitting them (sugar free, obv.) but it is interesting. I drink so much water that I don't really want 32oz of more fluid. However, I shall make room for some tequila.
So yeah, I am killing it. In a slower grind right now, and as the fat drops off I will introduce more physical activity to increase the CICO and just to kick it up a notch.

I'll be on the road next week for a few days, but I am zero percent worried about it. For the airport, instead of grabbing a bag of peanut butter M&M's and some fat fast food, I'll grab some nuts or a South Beach bar from my briefcase. When I travel, I eat less anyway but I will likely do some scrambled eggs for breakfast and maybe a salad for dinner, just having a South Beach bar for lunch. Keeping the business trip as short as possible for a variety of reasons, but have zero chance of letting something like travel derail me.

Some time in the next week, I will break into the high 250's. Really when I get into the 230's (several months from now) is when I will be feeling great, and when I approach 200 (before the meetup) I will be a lean, mean fighting machine. I haven't seen south of 230# in maybe 20 years. Things will get tougher, but I have no plans to turn back.

It's become a quest. It's no longer a diet. It's simply who I am. I don't desire that shit any more.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Ever had your test and estrogen levels checked?

Being overweight causes a rise in estrogen(s) and a lowering of T levels (causes increased aromatase, which is the process of testosterone converting to estrogen)

A low carb diet would naturally have more fats, which is good for overall health and satiety, but fats can also cause an increase in estrogen production.

Plus, 1 in 4 men over age 30 have clinically low T levels already. (and clinically low is a joke. "Low" starts at 300 ng/dl, which is stupid low. Under 500 ng/dl is a problem IMO)

Extra body fat + high fat diet + age (over 30) = low T and/or high E most of the time.

Low T or high estrogen(s) will cause your body to stay catabolic and make losing fat much more difficult. (along with a host of other symptoms)

I've seen a LOT of men IRL struggle with low T (or high E) when they shouldn't have to, and I hate to see that because it makes a huge difference in quality of life and staying thin.

Hope that helps.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Final update for a while.

::May 16, 2018 : 275 pounds.::

::May 24, 2018 : 266 pounds.::

::June 17, 2018 : 259.9 pounds.::

::June 29, 2019 : 255 pounds.::

I am at a month and a half since I started South Beach/low carb and a new life. I am down 20 pounds since my first post on the topic and since the meetup in Scottsdale. I feel great, sleep better, eat healthy, drink zero sodas, drink crazy amounts of water, still enjoy sugar free rock stars (but maybe 1 a day).

Your encouragement to me was extremely valuable. I've been on "diets" before but never changed my life. Just the concept of a diet gives people an out, because there's always an end. People convince themselves that it's just short term. That's the trap. The things that creeped into my life as a reward/relaxation/enjoyment system ended up harming me. So they had to go.

I am happy to report to you that there is no turning back. The people that come to the summit next year will see a different person. While I am no triathlete (yet?) nothing is off the table. I'll get to the soccer health I mentioned earlier, and I'll get up on that paddleboard. I will revisit this thread now for milestones and post a few pictures, but it's time to bring the regular updates to a close as I am bored with them.

I've maintained an almost perfect change of life for six(?) weeks, with no intention of that being a fad or a phase. So the grind down from here will be consistent, slow and steady. Next milestone is breaking into the 240's, which will happen late summer. Since I have fixed the way that I look at food, the way I consume food, and the way I treat my body, health is returning. Measurable in more aspects than I even realized.

Interesting to me that the things that once attracted me now repulse me. That guy is dead. As @LightHouse said, now I am just waiting for my body to catch up, and it will.

At some point, I will increase my physical activity to accelerate the reshaping of my body, and for my cardio vascular health. And guess what, kids. Next year in Scottsdale you'll be taking me on the hiking tours. That's the life I am heading towards.

In golf terms, I am definitely on the back 9 of life, but I have much life left to live. To those of you here who have encouraged me directly, or even indirectly through your own lifestyles, thank you.

A note to the fatties (hey, I am one of you so I can address my fellow club members) : Making the decision was hard. Really hard. Starting a diet is EASY. Changing your life is hard. But I can tell you that once I resolved in my mind that I had to break myself and remake myself... after the decision was made, the food choices are NOT HARD. We all know what to do. And for me, I can tell you that the tradeoff was and will remain 100% worthwhile. No regrets. No cravings. No desire to be that guy.

I wrote this thread first for me, to put it out there as a catalyst and public declaration of independence from fatville. I left myself no choice but to win. And win I will continue. I did this for me, and a distant second for my wife and kids. My youngest deserves and old but soccer playing Dad, and that's what she will get.

And I journaled this for you. I am with you, and have been in your shoes. And I wrote this so that you know that if this older (and probably fatter) guy can radically move in a different direction, you can too. Start today. For real this time. Don't diet. Fix. Change. Start. I'll be looking for YOUR progress thread, and will be cheering you on the whole way. Start. If you have taken anything from this thread, it should be this. Don't diet. Implement a wholescale radical all in change. Once you get there, the littler decisions like what to have for lunch aren't even really decisions. There's a natural balance your body will find if you let it. So let it. My body wasn't supposed to be 275 lbs. It will never be again. I need to improve my score on the back 9, and I hope within the words of this thread you have found the courage to start on your own path towards better health.

Updates from here forward from me will be major milestones, and perhaps a better picture of me at the next Scottsdale summit.

Thank you.

- Dave

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
How to Live Entrepreneurial Success: Beware of the Desert-of-Desertion – Fastlane Entrepreneurs

Understand that this concept is relevant to lifestyle changes. You see it every year with New Year's Resolutions and people hitting the gym. Once the honeymoon period is over, without the positive reinforcement, you're likely more apt to quit.

You will be happy to know that I have held the course through what many would find the most dangerous period... the desert of desertion.

This morning saw a scale breakthrough for me I haven't seen in a decade. Next stop (or milestone) for me will be in the 230's. Not stopping there, but will get there some time in the next month or so. Also, dropped a pants size (again) this past month.

Press on. I just wanted to pop in with the thought that the desertion period MJ described applies to many aspects of life in which you are pressing towards significant personal growth.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Dietary change is tough. Real tough. I would put it up there as the hardest challenge I'd ever encountered in my life. Why? Because EVERYWHERE is an obstacle; a burger commercial, a fast-food joint, a great menu at the restaurant -- you literally cannot escape the encitement and encouragement for a poor diet.

Just know this... it does get easier and at some point, your cravings for whatever is putting your weight out-of-skew (sugar, fat, empty carbs, etc.) will subside.

Good luck my friend. Would love to see you transform into a lean, mean, fighting machine! ;)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This. Reading Dr. Furhman is what made me realize that if you have a weight problem, you have an addiction problem. In other words, somewhere along the line, you routinely fail at impulse control and let the chimpanzee part of your brain call the shots.

Unfortunately, you're right, it's a little like being an alcoholic that has to spend all day in a bar. You can't avoid food, and you can't avoid friends and family at meal time.

Ex: the other day, when we're at the Cheesecake factory, and I'm ordering a salad with no dressing while wifey has pot roast and Dad has a burger, I had to subtly remind myself: My body doesn't want that burger, my f*cking addiction does, and I won't live my life as an addict. My body wants all the nutrients in a huge serving of veggies. I make the decisions, not the chimpanzee in my hindbrain.

It's all mental, dude. That's how I know you're gonna succeed.

My older kids are coming in town next weekend for Memorial Day. My wife asked me what I was going to eat? If I was going to delay the start of this until after Memorial Weekend, presumably so I could eat everything that is slowly killing me for one more weekend. Nope.

I am flipping the switch (and I would just as soon have my young adult kids see me doing something radical and winning the mental game anyway.)

I guarantee you they would rather have a healthy Dad than share a pumpkin pie with a fat one.

Another incentive? I will love to walk into next years meetup in Scottsdale transformed. Will love to show some of you that you were right, and others of you what is possible.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
No more.

I don't want that. I don't want that life. Food is not going to dictate my future.

Love it when the light bulb comes on, especially for someone I care about.

We always say that we want financial freedom early in life, not when we're 70 years old and living our last decade.

But the same can be said for our health. Financial freedom at 45 but shit health and zero energy is not much different than waiting until our last decade.

A great anchor for me has been the realization that the food lobby / industry has basically become an institutionalized drug dealer that incites addiction like responses with food. (This is true, albeit the analogy crude.)

And then the health care / insurance / pharmaceutical companies medicate the addictions.

It's one gigantic racket. Yes, a freaking scam.

You are more profitable fat and sick, than healthy and trim.

I'm not going to be LIVESTOCK for some industry.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
When I was in Hawaii a year ago, I was too fat to paddleboard. Yeah, that's a thing. See, I couldn't easily get my balance. Combination of being out of shape, my weight swinging the board as I tried to mount it, and just generally the motion of taking 275# up and stabilizing and not having the girth and momentum throw me off when I was trying to stand. Think about how really fat people ROLL OFF A COUCH to stand up. Now apply that principle to a paddle board. Coudn't do it. Tried 20 times. Drank a lot of pacific ocean water.

You can bet your damn a$$ you will see a photo of me paddle boarding in the future. Not that I give a shit about paddle boarding, but it is another milestone out there.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have been on Keto for about 3 months and don't see any sustainability problems once you get acclimated... Down about 20 pounds, 195 to 175, a heavier person would most likely lose more. Just speaking from experience, the best part is that I don't get hungry like when eating a carb focused diet. I just put some butter and coconut oil in coffee and that is all I have till the afternoon, then a meal and maybe a snake before bed. It is it also much harder to over indulge in low carb foods... most people are not going to eat 5 avocados in one sitting. Energy levels much more even throughout the day also.

Previously, I tried a low calorie diet and failed, I was exercising 1.5 hours a day and limiting calories, always felt hungry and didn't have much energy. That was unsustainable even though lost some weight but it came back once I started eating enough when I wasn't hungry all the time. On keto have only been exercising 30 min every other day...

Hope the diet works out, but if you are struggling take another look at keto :)

I also have come to the belief that nearly any eating plan works if you can sustain it. Weight watchers? Works. Keto? Definitely works. Paleo? Many fastlaners here have been doing Paleo for years now. Works.

What doesn't work is sitting around, eating garbage, not moving, and being amazed by other people's transformations.

I am pretty convinced as you get older your body will reach a state of atrophy and you'll accelerate getting old by being a lazy fatass.

This weight ain't gonna remove itself!

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
@Vigilante

Thanks for sharing what you're working to improve in your life!

Not sure if you're able to get a treadmill desk for your office. I purchased about a month ago. It's a game changer. I walk/stand over 10 hours a day now. Fatigue is non-existent.

If you can make it happen, you'll see some very good results.

Here's what my setup looks like:

treadmilldesk1.jpg

*Disclaimer: your body will feel extremely sore over the first several days of use. Especially if you're not used to walking that much. haha

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Fully expecting the scale in the morning first thing (when all my weight will be measured) to tip below 270. Ketosis has kicked in now and my body is burning stored fat, first on my liver and stomach. Tomorrow should see the first small milestone as I get to that 269.X on the scale. Next one after that will be 259.X probably 2-3 weeks from now before it slows down.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
"Doctors won’t make you healthy.

Nutritionists won’t make you slim.

Teachers won’t make you smart.

Gurus won’t make you calm.

Mentors won’t make you rich.

Trainers won’t make you fit.

Ultimately, you have to take responsibility.

Save yourself."

- @Naval

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Another incentive? I will love to walk into next years meetup in Scottsdale transformed. Will love to show some of you that you were right, and others of you what is possible.

Vig, I'm holding you to it. This is a pix from our 2018 Summit. I want the same picture next year with you, and we are going to post it, with before and after.

fastlane pix2.jpg

BECAUSE YOU CAN!

Get rid of the sugar. Get rid of the grease.

WALK THE TALK, around the block and you'll get rid of the doc.

Pullin' for ya Vig.

Last edited:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Kudos to you Dave for coming to terms with and sharing your issues in public like this. Takes some balls to come out and admit our problems, but doing so can also force yourself to stay accountable.

I myself had the opposite problem most of my life. I used to be jealous of people who were big. Up into my mid 30's, I was a scrawny, skinny dude - 6' 5" weighing only 162 pounds....

I used to tell myself I wished I was a little overweight rather than underweight. Felt like everyone stared at me. I could eat whatever I wanted and how much - I just could NOT gain a F*cking ounce. May sound nice to some but I hated it.

Then I decided one day (like you) that enough was enough. Started reading up on the problem and taking action. Started lifting. Eating differently (protein being the biggest change). I am still on my journey, but I am no longer 162lbs. Still trying to climb and almost at 220lbs now with a 4-ish 'pack'. I'm a hardgainer though so it has taken me a loooong a$$ time, lol.

As it is with building a business and success: It really does come down to persistence and never quitting. Basically all the Fastlane principles apply. Just replace "financial freedom" with "health/body freedom".

Even though we are coming from opposite ends of gaining vs losing weight, I still want to share some important advice that I think can help you.

Below are the vitamins I take daily..
MANY people, especially in the US are deficient in things like Magnesium and Zinc. And for men over age 40, things like Vitamin B5 and E's are also deficient. (And they will positively affect your Testosterone levels, which someone mentioned earlier will also affect your ability to lose fat and gain muscle). By eating a much healthier diet, you will get more of some of these with your daily intake. But it may not be sufficient, depending on your weight, your body's absorption ability, etc.

For those of you struggling with sugar cravings or cravings in general - vitamins and minerals will greatly help to curb those cravings. They help restore and maintain our physiological balance. And it's a cheap investment. Most of these you can get for a few bucks at Walmart. (But don't skimp on getting quality and natural Vitamin E vs the synthetic cheap kind).

Depending on your starting point - some vitamins/minerals will take time to "build up" in your system so allow 4-6 weeks. (Some however, like Magnesium you can notice more immediately). You may find that after a while - you no longer crave the sugars so much, and something you ate before (like a candy or soda) will now taste WAY too sweet for your tastebuds.

• Vitamin C, 500 mg
  • Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), 500 mg
  • Vitamin B6 (P5P), 1.5 mg
  • Vitamin B12, 1000 mcg
  • Vitamin D3, 5000 IU
  • Vitamin E (Non-synthetic - all 4 tocotrienols and all 4 tocopherols), 50 mg
  • Magnesium Citrate, 1500 mg
  • Zinc, 50 mg
  • Folic Acid (Methyl Folate), 400 mcg

We don't "feel" the effects of all these vitamins, but our body does over time and you will *indirectly* feel the effects of them. B6/B12 for me in the morning however gives me focus for the day, plus Magnesium at morning and before bed gives me WAY better sleep.

I have never drank coffee and never will (I hate the taste, lol). But B6/B12 + lots of water does it for me. Better for you than caffeine anyway.

If anyone here is struggling with some hard times emotionally, depression, or similar - magnesium really is almost like a miracle mineral. Calms you and evens things out. And it's cheap AF!

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Glad to see you have held the course. F*ck conventional wisdom. A friend asked me today how my diet was going. What diet? I am not on a "diet." I changed the game completely.

I can tell you this. I will keep going until my body levels itself off. Don't know what the number is. I have no inclination to reintroduce things into my life that my body reacts poorly to.

I sleep better. I don't have to "roll" out of bed anymore. Getting up off a couch is easier. I no longer intentionally untuck or "fluff" my shirts. I think the whole time, since memorial day, aside from the occasional craft beer, the only hard core carbs I have had was a small plate of nachos in July.

I carry around almost six less 5# bags of flour everywhere I go. I have a LONG way to go to shed all the weight I want to, but at the same time, I will never go back. There's only one road and that is the one in front of me. Nothing else is even an option.

I was 180# in high school, playing football. I was around #220 when I got married. The lightest I have been since then was probably #235(ish) maybe 15 years ago. So I will definitely get into the 220's, but it's not like then I will start eating donuts.

By the time we get to the 2019 meetup, my body should have found close to it's equilibrium. However, I will stay eating the same way. As @Red knows from when she radically changed her diet... I just "feel better." Hard to explain to those that have never experienced it.

I carry (and you carry) that much less luggage around every day, @Real Deal Denver. I don't ever want that again. When I travelled, I would eat. Now, when I travel, I actually do the opposite. I don't fast, but I probably eat less than 1,000 calories a day when I am on the road. I am travelling next week for most of the week, and by the time I get back the scale will be different.

And you are past the pain. The toughest part? The first few days. Maybe the first four days to a week. Several of my friends have come along for the journey, a few bitching and moaning about it. They won't make it.

Glad to hear of your success. Keep going and don't you ever F*cking quit on yourself.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Due to the request of several we decided to reopen this. Debate is fine but please don't keep reposting the same message and keep things positive. There are several people following this for whom your guys content has been extremely beneficial. Keep in mind there's more than one correct answer.

I have also heard one amazing update post-meetup and I hope he comes into this thread or elsewhere and posts his update. In interest of his privacy (and since I got the information secondhand) I won't post it but know that there are SEVERAL fastlaners who are rocking this and improving their physical health.

Carry on. Keep it civil, constructive, and helpful!

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I looked this up, and I was very surprised to see that I can have bacon and eggs for breakfast.

This is now my new diet plan as well.

The weight you have lost so far is beyond my expectations. Thanks for all the GREAT info, and the progress tracking. You are doing more good than you'll EVER know!

I might even take it a step further. I might buy 60 pounds of flour and put them in a pile. Every five pounds, a bag transfers to a different pile. THAT would be something to see every day that would keep me on track and excited.

I was thinking about that and think it would be an amazing visual.

I think the fatter you are the easier the early weight comes off.

I'm eating way more vegetables than I was but nowhere near the five servings they recommend you eat daily.

Another surprising bit about South Beach is that you can have V8 juice.

Sugar-free Jell-O fills in as an occasional snack. Go Canadian bacon versus regular bacon. I have picked up several turkey-based things to try. Some are good, some are terrible. No fruit for the first week, and then you can add back in a couple of low sugar fruits on occasion.

Reasonably sized lean steaks. Less fat cheese. 1% or skim milk. Once you get past the first week, chicken salad. Chicken. Fish. Steak.

We had taco salad the other night. All low carb. No worries.

Even though Phase 2 starts on the 8th day now I still haven't added back in a lot of the things that they would allow you to add back in.

If you're going to do it, after the first few days that really feel like a diet... Resolve then it's not going to be a diet. You could put my favorite old Foods right in front of me and I wouldn't eat them. I don't want them.

This sentence doesn't necessarily apply to the people that just need to lose a few pounds but to the people like me that are fat and don't want to be fat anymore. I had to get to the point where I was so sick of being fat that eating Cheetos and fat s***was no longer an option.

Untucking my shirt because I was self-conscious about what it looked like tucked in. Put on a shirt and pulling out some extra cloth so that it wasn't as form-fitting. Never ever for one minute considering what you were eating. Literally just eating anything I wanted when i wanted it. Becoming aware that it was harder to get up off the couch. Listening to a video that I made and noticing that I was breathing heavy into the microphone but not in the process of exercise or activity. Just living life was exerting extra energy when I was carrying around 75 lb too much everywhere I went. Being exhausted at the end of the day... Think about it though you're carrying around 15 5 lb bags of sugar all day. Some mornings I would notice that my face looked swollen. Just fat. And then I go about my day.

No more.

I don't want that. I don't want that life. Food is not going to dictate my future.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'll let you know when I break through 260. The phase I'm in now I'll be dropping a pound or two per week. First 5k is on Father's Day

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
15286630628766874646651712809081.jpg

Applewood smoking a turkey breast. Zero carbs and nobody told me this had to be uninteresting to be successful. You don't have to walk around in sack cloths and telling everybody you're starving to death simply because you're eating healthy. I'll take a couple of carb-free carcinogens. I weigh the least today that I have in several years, but the nice part is I never plan to be as heavy again as I am today.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am at the airport this morning and amused as heck. Thinking about Cinnabon and fatso travellers bellying up to the trough. Telling themselves they deserve it.

Got to the gate and opened my bag for my breakfast. South Beach cinnamon bun bar. Entre bar. 200 calories. #winning. Stepped on the scale this morning and I am a stone's throw away from my next weekend goal. I will be below 260# on Father's day. I will be in the high 250's. I will never be talking about the 260s again.

#F*ckCinnabon

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why on earth is everything so damn sweet!!

Because sugar is a legal neurotoxin with addictive like properties. If BIG-AG could put something in a product that made people buy it and prefer it over the others, dontcha think they would use it?

And when sugar can't be used, the other neurotoxin they use is MSG -- but now they don't call it MSG because the public caught on.

Imagine that: THE PUBLIC CAUGHT ON so they changed the names.

Instead, they now use other terms such as "Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, and Hydrolyzed Protein"

Source:
Sneaky Names for MSG: Check Your Labels | John Douillard's LifeSpa

Hidden names for MSG and free glutamic acid:
Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid: (7)

• Glutamic Acid (E 620)
  • Glutamate (E 620)
  • Monosodium Glutamate (E 621)
  • Monopotassium Glutamate (E 622)
  • Calcium Glutamate (E 623)
  • Monoammonium Glutamate (E 624)
  • Magnesium Glutamate (E 625)
  • Natrium Glutamate
  • Yeast Extract
  • Anything “hydrolyzed”
  • Any “hydrolyzed protein”
  • Calcium Caseinate
  • Sodium Caseinate
  • Yeast Food
  • Yeast Nutrient
  • Autolyzed Yeast
  • Gelatin
  • Textured Protein
  • Soy Protein
  • Soy Protein Concentrate
  • Soy Protein Isolate
  • Whey Protein
  • Whey Protein Concentrate
  • Whey Protein Isolate
  • Anything “…protein”
  • Vetsin
  • Ajinomoto
Ever find yourself eating a bag of chips and being like "OMG, these are SO GOOD I can't stop eating them!"

Look at the ingredients: You'll find one of the forms of MSG, a neurotoxin designed specifically for you to WANT MORE and EAT MORE.

You're being neurologically manipulated.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Don't you worry. My best days are clearly in front of me. Working on some amazing things.

If you listen to Peter Diamandis podcast (Exponential Wisdom – Podcast by Peter Diamandis and Dan Sullivan) which is all about longevity, he asks the question, if you thought you would live to 100, how would that change what you do today?

It is an interesting question because I'm 46 and many of my friends are thinking retirement ("the back 9"). However, if we live to 100, are we retiring at 55 and living 45 years of retirement? I doubt we only want to create in 55% of our lifetime.

So thinking about living to 100 changes how I think about my life. In fact, maybe retirement starts at 80 now, so I have 34 years left to build my empire. How does having 34 years of biz growing time change your business strategy? Now you are definitely still on the front 9.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
How many miles in an average day
Right around 9-10 miles per day.

I walk at a pace of 1.2 - 1.5 mph. Nice leisurely stroll.

Keep in mind that when I take breaks, I'm still standing and moving around. I try to save any sitting for after the sun goes down, before bed. I only sit during the day if I absolutely have to (bathroom, driving, etc).

There are studies out there somewhere that link sitting for extended periods of time to weight gain and an entire list of health problems. I believe there are also studies showing the benefits of walking and continuous gentle movements throughout the day.

It never made sense to me to workout for 30-60 mins, then just sit around the other 23-23.5 hours of the day. Your body is meant to be in continuous movement.

The other thing that I noticed is that if the laws of physics are true:

- what's at rest, stays at rest
- what's in motion, stays in motion

Then, I want to be continually moving since I'm part of the universe and work within the same laws. I can definitely say that my productivity has been insanely good since I added this to my lifestyle too.

Here's a pic from the past hour, after I stopped to grab a snack, almost 1.5 miles walked and I didn't even notice it haha. Getting work done and keeping my body healthy at the same time:

20180516_154842.jpg

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Good luck Vig! You're gonna feel way better in a month or so. It's all a momentum game. You'll be shocked at how soon you'll be physically unable to eat as much as you used to.

I'm down roughly 30 lbs. The other day I picked up a 30lb dumbbell and it hit me, I've been walking around with that thing strapped to the front of me 24 hrs a day for the last several years. No wonder I was so damn tired all the time.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Bad a$$ thread! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I decided last 4th of July sitting out in the hot waiting to see some fireworks that everyone around me was a fat F*ck and I was headed there. I decided right there and then I wasn't going to sit all uncomfortable as shit, bloated and tired.

I've had my ups and downs but today I'm 30 pounds off of that mark and I dusted off the rowing machine 6 weeks ago. I'm in pretty good shape and feel great. Not that I can't do better because I still have 15 to lose before my BMI is in the "normal" range.

You're going to kill it bud!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.