The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This can change your life (even if you're a millionaire already)

KrzyszWawrzyniak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2017
Great Britain
AT FIRST - SORRY IF MY ENGLISH SUCKS! FORGIVE ME AND KEEP READING ANYWAY! :) THANK YOU!

Hello everyone, I'm glad I'm here!
I see that this forum is full of wise people and I'm happy I finally found a place like this one!

Let's see if we can get along because I'd like to learn from you.
I also think you might steel some good knowledge from me and use it in your life. Hope it'll be helpful!
But let me start first:

My name is Krzysztof. I live in the UK and this is another of those boring introductions!

(YAAAAY! SO EXCITING!!!)

I'm 19 years old and I'm currently in college. My goal is to become a physiotherapist, so well - education and good grades is a MUST. But it's not a big deal - since I was a little, smelly, 5 years old punk I was reading books regarding to anatomy which made me know many things long time before I should've know them.
At this moment I've got much bigger knowledge about anatomy (which is essential to be a physio) than most of the people that finished universities, so I'm not worried about grades at all.

Okay, I'll leave this boring stuff for later. Now something more interesting:
I will share you a little story of mine so you can understand who I am and what I'm going to do in a future to be a millionaire
(Btw: what colour should my ferrari be? :D )

As a little kid, when I was less than 7 years old, I spend a lot of time with other kids, usually behind my residential block in a sandpit.
Building sand castles, trading my bicycle for a bumbag (as a true selling master :D), and doing crazy things like walking more than 100m away from my house were the most interesting things I remember from that period (period, ha-ha! not funny...) of my life.

As I grew up I get more shy - so I weren't interested in making friends anymore. I'm still not sure why because I always enjoyed (and still enjoy) spending time with other people. Not like I gave up social life - I just didn't make friends that easy as I did before. You might know what I mean - we all grew up and 've been "trained" to feel ashamed and shy because of talking to strangers or girls (ohhh man, that sucks a lot! Thankfully I'm out of this bullshit already)
At some point of my life - when I was 14 years old - I understood many things. I wanted to do something different than just living for sake of living. I took bigger responsibility for myself and wanted to live different.
I had a vision for what I'll do in a future. I also took a decision about changing my high school in order to save time for travelling (my parents didn't so someone has to do it for them :p ). It was because travelling to the old one was taking definitely too long (and teachers were stupid as well :p It was time for change)
IT WAS a great decision. Education was much more valuable and it saved me a lot of time as well.
I was also getting a little more confident since that time and I was seeking myself as a very smart guy in a police uniform in a few years ahead. In addition to that, I've already had a plans of what part-time job will I get as soon as I'll be 16 years old (because that's how old you have to be in order to get a legal job in Poland)
My life was going in a REALLY good direction!
But...

Shit happened.
I was 14 years old!!! And that's when it started.
My joints problems...
It was exactly in January 2013 - my knees started to snap and hurt. Same with my wrists after few weeks. Few months later elbows...
It was only getting worse and I didn't know what's going on.
My parents didn't believe me at all - so I didn't see a doctor until end of the July 2013 (pretty shit eh?)
Well, in 2014 I had pains in almost all joints - wrists, elbows, shoulders, spine (neck and low back), hips, knees and sometimes in my ankles.
And at that time I was only 15 years old buddy who couldn't believe about that... And couldn't even do anything to make it any better.
I'm telling you - there was no other method for feeling less pain that just sit on my butt and do nothing! That made me sooooooo sad (really sad, you can't imagine HOW)

I lived like that FOR YEARS! Without any hope for a better life - just image yourself being in permanent pain and not being able to WALK without discomfort in your joints and pain after 20 minutes of such walking. I don't mention things like push-ups or WORKING - which I did for a few weeks in 2014 (parents forced me to, bunch of di***eads :p ) Every time I went back home I had the same terrible pain. Sometimes it was so strong for example in my knees that ANY knee movement = acute pain.
My parents didn't listen to me at all - 'cause you know: "Doctor said you're alright so stop simulating!"
I had only one dream - to live NORMAL, without any health problems, like a normal person!
I had no will to do anything - except from playing computer games and searching for any possible answers on the internet about my condition (FFS! There's
definitely too much bullshit on the internet!)
I forgot how to smile and I didn't bother to make friends or even talk to people - I had another need at this moment of my life.
(GODDAMMIT! Till this day I don't smile that often because I forgot how to do it! Even when I want I am barely able to do this...)

It was my biggest dream at that time - to get HEALTHY again!
I couldn't go work, I couldn't go on a course I wanted to and... Fu*k! If walking was so difficult - how was I supposed to... I don't know, LIVE?
I always believed that there must be some way of getting healthy again, even though everyone around me, including tens of doctors, told that nothing can be done.
Some of them even tried to send me on a psychotherapy. Bunch of incompetent assholes.

OKAY!
To quickly wrap this up - it started in January 2013, my parents were against me, doctors either didn't know how to help me or told me to get lost because: "people live with this!".

But I never gave up. I was constantly searching for any possible reasons why I had these problems. It was like scratching a wall with my own nails, but I had no choice - it was literally a matter of my own survival.

Okay. I will update this later - I've got enough for now.
Next time I'll tell you what was the reason of my problems and how YOU can use this knowledge in your life (I guarantee you - it's really good to know this)

So I hope we'll share our experiences and profit by it.
I wish you all to have a nice day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rubynguyen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 8, 2017
VN
:( sorry that your parents are not trusting you. I'm 19 years old too, turning 20 this december. I just finished the fastlane book.
I've got pain in knees and elbows too and the doctors said there is nothing wrong with them after radiography tests. It got worst when the weather is cold and humid. My whole family know my condition, I even can't remember when was the first time I had it, must be less than 8 years old, mom even stay up late too comfort me ( It get worse at night ). I know a guy having the same conditon and it seem like the weather is the reason, we usually got pain at the same day. I'm living in Vietnam - the weather is warm and sunny most of the time, I think my condition would be worse if I live somewhere else that is cold and humid.
Do your condition get better? Mine has been better since I grow up.

• Banned

KrzyszWawrzyniak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2017
Great Britain
So I'm about to continue my story.

It was pretty shit. It seemed I stuck.

but...

Instead of sitting on my butt and praying to God I was constantly searching. I was also attending another appointments with other doctors.
In November 2015 I found something VERY interesting - a doctor took my X-ray photo and MRI scan of my knees. Instead of only reading the results, he actually had a look on the images.
He said: "There's nothing wrong with your knees", so I told him that they hurt anyway. He answered: "The reason has nothing to do with joints. It must be musculoskeletal".
We were talking one more minute before I left the room.
After that I came back home and felt in the same way - stuck. I had no idea what should I do next.
But...
I reminded something! Something that doctors have NEVER compared to my problems.

In fact, in January 2013 I started working out at home (I had a barbell, several weights, 2 dumbbells and leg extension machine). I was training 3 times a week doing four sets of leg extensions, bench pressing, bicep curls and sit-ups (btw. I was adding some exercises from time to time). It was EXACTLY when my first problems started - and it was constantly going worse. These aches were exact reason for why I stopped working out completely 6 months later.

Back in 2015, December - I stopped searching for: "joint problems", because results were only bombarding me with things like:
- Staring at the sun as cure for your problems!
- Acupuncture good for coping with pain (only £50 per session! At least 15 sessions required for ANY significant improvement)
- Buy our new diet supplement to make your joints stronger!
...and many other fu***ng rubbish.
Instead of that I started to look for something like: "joint pain related to muscles" or similar.
I found first informations about muscle tightness and weakness which was described as a cause of many joints related problems. These informations however were worth absolutely nothing because I still couldn't do anything except doing massages on tender points in my muscles, - which made me feel a little better - but still did nothing to improve my ability to move comfortably.
In December I booked an appointment with a doctor. I had a great plan to visit a physiotherapist (6th in a row), but this time I didn't want to do same stupid things (which eventually made my condition worse) - I was thinking about listening to a therapist and using my own knowledge at the same time to get better results.
From that time I was almost 100% sure that my problems has something to do with muscles, but I still had to find out what is it. (Simple muscle weakness wasn't the answer. I had quite strong muscles - strong enough to pass doctor's tests for a grade 5)

So I finally started

I won't share my detailed story (would take so long to write and read), but generally I was TRYING the exercises that physiotherapist told me to do, and excluded any of them that wasn't very helpful or made me feel bigger pain.
At the same time I was constantly reading about musculoskeletal problems which FINALLY made me to find a REASON for my problems.
Muscular imbalance - a situation, when one muscle or muscle group is way too strong in relation to another muscle or muscle group affecting one joint. (For example - knee. Muscles directly affecting our knees are extensors (quads) and flexors (hams). Muscular imbalance, which leads to knee problems, is when extensors are way to strong in relation to flexors that are too weak at the same time (or when flexors are too strong and extensors are too weak, it still gives the same outcome)
This imbalance may affect every joint and give the same outcome - joints problems.
Now - going back to working out in 2013 - I was doing exercises that did not develop all muscles. For example, instead of working on every leg muscle, I worked only on quadriceps (which led to knee problems). Instead of working on chest and backs - I did only chest. Etc.
Really - I'd never guess that THIS could lead to such problems.

Anyway - I told my physiotherapist to focus on my backs first - so we did. I had thoracic hyperkyphosis and lumbar hyperlordosis - bad posture. The reason for bad posture are not genes only muscular imbalance - so it was a damm good time to finally fix it and get rid of back pain.
In about few weeks of working on abdominals I felt little improvement - I was able to sit up to 2 hours without lower back pain! I kept up with doing another exercises and I felt a little improvement in my shoulders as well (since I was doing exercises on upp/lower back). Not long after that I could be sitting up to 4 hours without pain. My back was getting better, my shoulders were getting better... I thought it's a good time to look on another parts of my body now.
At the beginning of March I started with another exercise called "hip thrusts". I started it just after 2 months because it was causing TERRIBLE back pain before.
From what I was reading on the internet - muscles responsible for flatting lower back are hamstrings, glutes and abdominals. In theory, hip raises were great exercise to do because it activate 3 "good" muscles (hams, glutes and abdominals) and only 1 "bad" (low back muscles). It's also stretching quadriceps and hip flexors - just brilliant!
So I did hip thrusts for a few weeks, everyday. I felt big improvement - not only in my backs, but ALSO in my hips and knees! I also added exercise called "good morning" to make my legs and backs feel even better.
It was just brilliant - I can't describe how GOOD i felt that time.

Another interesting thing - I found out that the faster you run, the more hamstrings and gluteal muscles you engage. So I thought - "If that's how it works... I think I know how to make my legs feel better!".
I gave it a go - I found out some tips about running technique - just to not injure myself, that'd suck - and went out to do some running.
I was running every two days in the evenings - 5 to 10 minutes because that's all I could run; not too slow so I could be working on muscles I wanted to work on.
After such training I felt big discomfort in my legs, but it was getting better next day. Pain wasn't getting worse - in comparison to different, great exercises recommended by physiotherapists I was doing one and two years before which made my condition even worse.

My dream started to come true!

After one week of running I suddenly woke up in the morning and... Could walk without discomfort!
Well, not completely, but it was a TRUE improvement!
For the first time in years I could walk without thinking about it! I will never forget this feeling - you simply stand up and WALK like a normal, healthy person! (It's very touching and I want to cry of joy every time I remember this day!)
I carried on with running and other exercises that were helping me - and was looking for the reason of pain in my wrists and elbows. I knew it has something to do with muscular imbalance, but I had no clue which muscles are too strong (so I could avoid working on them to not make it worse) and which are too weak.
Physiotherapist told me to do wrist curls and extensions with some extra weight. She also told me to do dips to work on my triceps.
Well...
It sucked.
Because wrist curls and dips made my elbows and wrists feel worse, I threw them away and carried on with wrist extensions only - which REALLY made my elbows feel a little better after just a few days. I was doing them every 2-3 days with my old barbell and small weights.

In May 2016 I finally found what's wrong with my elbows and wrists - so I finally knew everything and could carry on with my own treatment for a 100%.
I remembered what exercises I did in the past - and came up with some terrifying conclusions.
Back in 2013 I've heard my dad's opinion about working out - "biceps in only 1/3 of your arm. Focus on your triceps instead!", so I did.
I was doing only 1 exercise on my biceps AND five exercises on my triceps.
Yes, that's what I did! 1:5 exercises ratio, where triceps:biceps strength ratio needs to be 1:1 in order to keep elbows healthy.
Conclusion - my triceps was too strong, and biceps too weak. So I had to work on biceps only.
Now wrists - I didn't think too much. Since wrist curls and actually anything that involves activation of wrist flexors made them hurt, it was pretty obvious I had too strong wrist flexors and too weak wrist extensors.
It's not possible to activate biceps and not activate wrist flexors at the same time during biceps curls, so I simply added biceps curls with reverse grip and wrist extensions to it so wrist extensors could get stronger than flexors anyway.
I was working out biceps and wrist extensors approximately 3 times a week.
Aaaaand - well.
It made me feel strong discomfort or little pain 2 days after workouts for 2 more months, but despite this short term inconveniences, elbows and wrists were getting better anyway.

Every week, every month...
I felt BIG, SIGNIFICANT improvement! All I had to do was just to continue my "therapy", however it sounds, until I become completely pain free!
From that moment it was just a matter of time. I've noticed improvement every single week.
I've joined the gym in June. I stopped doing body weight exercises or these with resistance band. I started working out again. I knew which muscles needed more strength so I worked on them.

This is where I started to dream about spreading it all over the world.

Okay, that's it for now.
To summarize: my incurable and simulated joints problems ended, but it would NEVER happen if I sit on my butt and said: "Oh my goshh! This doctor said nothing can be done! Seems like I need to accept the reality and just live with it! Well, I'll get some painkillers because that's all I can do."
It would also not happen if I listened to everyone who stated that I had mental health problems (few doctors, one psychologist and all my relatives)
Joints problems were real - and the reason for it was not lack of synovial fluid, inflammation, ageing, bad diet, lack of physical activity, qi deficiency, stress, mental health problems, liver disease, bad genes...
The reason was muscular imbalance - not weakness/tightness! Beware of this kind of bullshits if you ever find them!
I mean imbalance in strength between agonist vs antagonist which led my joints and backs to chronic pain.

So - if any of you suffer from "idiopathic", "musculoskeletal", "undetected", "incurable", "postural" etc. chronic pain in your joints or backs - it's very likely (99%) you have muscular imbalance, even if it hurts only sometimes - that means muscular imbalance is not that big yet, but it still exist and resolving it will also resolve all aches you experience and will protect your joints from some serious diseases in the future, like cartilage tearing.
Not saying like every joint pain is caused by it - but most of them definitely are.
At least that's what the best physicians in the world said.
I'm not one of them (yet), but I think it's good idea to publish it anyway. I'm more than sure someone will find it useful.

Because it's fastlane forum I'll write what I'm doing now and what I'm going to do next.
But definitely not today.
Anyway.
Have a good day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!