The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thinking big, starting small

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Travel Base

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 19, 2020
europe
Hello all!
You can see my general introduction here TL;DR Was supposed to move country, COVID happened, I’m using the quarantine to focus on and build up my online biz to carry over to the new country when I’ll finally be able to move.

So, let’s get a bit more practical. I thought this progress thread could help me lay out my workings and my results, get some feedback, and provide some info for people who think of doing similar things.

Main points:
- initial timeframe is 2 months (April - May)
- bulk of focus will be different sides of same area of “business” (books/self-publishing): products for authors and books I write myself.
- some stuff will be created for free, or discounted, due to me wanting to help others in this particular time. I am ok with less profit right now.
-not everything adheres to the CENTS framework (especially the online store) YET, but for ease and as a beginning stage, I am ok with that.

I’m not starting from scratch (thank goodness):
- I’ve been studying, working, breathing this “niche” for more than a decade now, so I’ve got a good pulse on what’s going on, niches, etc.
- I’ve already got a store up, and some products (I’m putting and creating more every day). I’ve also already gotten a sale, with great feedback and lead for possible future business.
- I’ve already got some stuff written, more in the pipeline.
- I know the platforms, the forums, the groups, etc.

I am doing all of this within a bigger framework: I want my (pen)name to be recognized, to grow and expand, and to be known for good quality work, service, stories, and availability to help.
I’m not here to hack low-content, random ebooks to shill on Amazon. I’m building the foundations for a career as an author (authorpreneur I guess, I just don't like the word). This is part of an even bigger framework for plans I’ve got for the future, but let’s start with this :).

I will update this thread every week or so, with additional posts if needed.

Main things for first week (30th March to 5th of April) :
- put up more products (10) on the online store.
- publish the first of a series of nonfiction books (Just needs a final editing pass, and formatting).
- prep second book.
- fulfill the few freelancing obligations I still have.
- create a couple of free things to make available to other authors + network/social media stuff.

I guess that’s it for a start. There are other things on the side which I may mention every now and then, but this is the bulk of the “project” as it stands.

If you guys have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to let me know :)

Hope it's useful/entertaining! Thanks for stopping by.
Bea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Travel Base

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 19, 2020
europe
So, first week has passed.
Living in lockdown isn't that easy, but I am trying to see the positive sides of... everything, really.

Onto the progress:
- I've put up 15 products for sale on the online store, and planned the COVID-related discount. I've created a few more products which I'll finish this week and put up for sale then.
- The non-fiction book has been delayed because I had to rework a section of it. Should be finished and published this week tho, so onward and upwards.
- Worked on the draft of the second book too.
- Done some freelance work and got a few more jobs for the next few weeks, so good.
-Revamped and added stuff to my website, etc. I wanted it to be "decent" by the time I publish the books, so readers have a place to find me. Started with being more active on social media, giving away quick little things as part of my "give away stuff during quarantine" plan.
- brainstormed some fiction content for books I want to write in the next few months
- I've got a couple of sales on the smaller stuff, which is cool. I always love the feeling of knowing stuff sells when I'm doing something else, lol.

All in all not a bad week, tho I just wished the book had been published. But still on track.

This week I plan to:
-publish that book
-work on the second book
-put up more of the digital products (10)
-freelance work
-start building up some engagement/return of attention towards my stuff.

So there it is. On a more "personal" level, I've read everyday, a mix of fiction and business books, so happy with that. I'm also continuing with some online courses - they are all about entrepreneurship in some way or another, so double points I guess!

On to the next week! There's Easter in the way, so I will see how much work I can get done - since I don't live alone, sometimes I have to cut my working time short in favor of social obligations - one of the reasons I am planning to move! Anyway, will try to get some stuff done in those days too.

Travel Base

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 19, 2020
europe
So, I had a couple of busy weeks and didn't update this.
Honestly, there isn't much to say because I've been deep into a freelance project with a tight deadline that has occupied pretty much all of my time (plus Easter, gah).
The bulk of it has been delivered yesterday (Monday), now I'm just finishing additional things to be delivered by Friday 24.
The nice thing (other than the fact that during these times, a nice project like this is always welcome), is that I had to brush up on my knowledge in a few skills, update a few things etc which will serve me well in the future. This was a project in a slightly different domain than the ones before, and to be honest I can see how I can pivot the freelance side towards getting more of this type of work in the future.
Anyway, I did manage to prep a few more products which I will put in the store this week, and other minor things.

The plan for this week is:
-get those products up for sale (at least 5)
-get the bloody book out (had to stop because of aforementioned freelance project)
-work on the second book
-finishing the freelance stuff

I'm not sorry about having done the freelance project, but of course it has slowed down the other side of my work. This quarantine period is presenting me various problems in different areas of my life and business, and I just need to keep an eye at the end of the tunnel, and on the big picture, or the risk is drowning in worry and doubt and hesitation etc, etc.
Hope y'all keeping safe and healthy and relaxed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.