The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Think your life sucks? Start here...

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
If you're alone or unhappy during the holidays, it's easy to start thinking about how much your life sucks.

If your life sucks and you have no idea of the way out, start with this 10 day, free online course from Jack Canfield: http://jackcanfield.com/transformation/. (No, I get no benefit from this.) I found a ton of value in this course - so much so, that I bought a half dozen of his products and inhaled them. (An example of how adding value and solving problems leads to sales.)

It should get you headed in the right direction. A key idea is how to go about taking responsibility for your life. Me, I think of myself as very responsible; in fact, I tend to take on too much responsibility. I.e., when a project goes bad at work, I ask myself, how did I contribute to this screw up? When in fact, it had nothing whatsoever to do with me. But I ask myself questions like that all the time because I am on the lookout for ways to improve.

Even with that mindset already in place, my eyes were opened to a new level of personal responsibility with this course. Sometimes, it's just the way someone phrases something that makes you either "get" it or get it at a deeper level than before. I now have a hand drawn button on my desk with the word "responsibility" written on it. When I think of something I don't like about my life, I look at that button and mentally press it and dig deeper. It's given me a lot of ah-ha's about my life, and those have helped me see what I need to change if I want something different in my life.

Another free resource is Darren Hardy's free daily emails. They're short (2-5 minutes) audio or videos, each day bringing a new concept. He'll be starting a new, free "failbusters" sequence on Monday.
www.DarrenDaily.com/FailBusters

I hope this helps!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I won't comment on whether or not this is spam. I don't know. However, I will say: if this is spam, then you're doing a pretty good job at blending in. If it's not spam, then my apologies.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
The owner of this thread is mixing a recipe of permanent ban.

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
While I understand your suspicions, I'm honestly just trying to share some free online resources that I find valuable. It's not copywriting - it's an honest post. You can find my introduction here, and I've made other posts as well. I've been on a reading rampage lately; and I like to share when I find good stuff, especially if it's free. MJ's book, is, of course, at the top of my list. I recommended it to a friend yesterday and she already bought it and was reading it on her flight back from Europe. I can't say enough good things about it. :)

If I want to share educational resources in the future, how would you recommend I go about doing it without coming across as a spammer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've been PM'ing with OP for the last few days and know this isn't spam.

@StompingAcorns. Thanks for sharing the resources and how it's helped you personally.

It's a good and interesting question about how to not come across as spam. It's a shame we even have to think about it, but when we can answer that, then we'll have the key to a very significant lock.

You do have me thinking now. I personally dropped a lot of content when I joined, and I know I was viewed with suspicion initially.

I think first and foremost it comes down to intent. Us internet living peeps have finely tuned BS detectors, so it's hard to fake it.

Whether you try and force a signup is a big flag too.

I'm going to think more about this.

Thank you OP and others for raising a very interesting point.

Question of the day:

"If we have something interesting or helpful to share, how do we do it without coming across as a spammer (or copywriter)?"

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
IMO this is a hot topic. There could be some options, but,ultimately, it depends on trust. If someone simply suggests a service/product, we probably should simply trust him/her; unless the post is filled with red flags (e.g. buy now - limited stock available). I believe, the potential advertisers will eventually get noticed, as their posts (sooner or later) will relieve some sort of copy writing pattern.

Just some of my personal thoughts and apologies to Stomping, if I offended you. What made me suspicious of your post, was the fact that you joined only few weeks ago and are already offering/promoting some sort of service. Pardon me :)

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
Thanks for vouching for me, @Andy Black; that is kind of you.

@Almantas, no offense taken - from you or anyone. Having been in some of the other forums over the years, I do understand.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone; and I will be more careful in the future.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Solid copywriting
This has me thinking. I know @StompingAcorns was pleased with the copywriting reference, but I wonder...

Is it because it looks like copywriting that it can also look like spam?

A few weeks ago I ventured outside the safety of the forum onto Twitter. I'm not active there, but have an account.

Here's what I wrote in my progress thread:
I've been on twitter a little bit trying to get my head round it. I'm sick of all the click-bait headlines already. Maybe it's who I'm following? Everything just looks so spammy and bullsh*tty. I think the give-away is when the headline is written in Proper Case, and not in Sentence case (is that even a case?). 42 Secrets To Blah Blah. Puke...

And here's @SinisterLex 's reply:
Forum copywriters should take note... You're not the only one noticing case.

I've been writing website headlines in lower case on purpose a lot lately.

When the masses are doing a thing, it's usually time to do the opposite.

I stopped writing in Proper Case a while ago when I realised I don't write emails to my friends like that...

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
This has me thinking. I know @StompingAcorns was pleased with the copywriting reference, but I wonder...

Is it because it looks like copywriting that it can also look like spam?

A few weeks ago I ventured outside the safety of the forum onto Twitter. I'm not active there, but have an account.

Here's what I wrote in my progress thread:

And here's @SinisterLex 's reply:

I stopped writing in Proper Case a while ago when I realised I don't write emails to my friends like that...

You raise an excellent point about Proper Case vs. just regular case and wording. It's something that I've wondered about for years. I don't personally use Twitter but from the testing i've done in my market through email marketing... Proper Case brings in the cash.

My opinion isn't always my markets opinion. It's a cognitive dissonance for me sometimes but sales are king. :) Let my market make the decisions how they want to be written to by tracking response and analytics. ...my opinion of how things should be written isn't super important.

Feels weird I know...but it works.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.