The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Things worth $100 million where profit guaranteed is at least $1 million immediately?

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
This music catalog is worth $1.5b so if you can get the seller to accept $100m you’ll have a profit of $1.4b

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Pfffft. $100 million cash is kids play. Check out what I have. Come back when you have some real numbers20210907_151804.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I bought the entire US arsenal left behind in Afghanistan from the Taliban for $60B; $28B less than the US paid for it before leaving it behind.

I was going to flip it for $100B but unfortunately I lost everything in a horrific boating accident. Simply tragic.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I can sell you my business for $100M. I don't know if you could flip it for $110M though, we've done $6 in revenue since I started it 3 weeks ago :^)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The billionaire's family that I know made over $100 million in a single day when their company was bought by an investment bank.
Yup, they started a company and in 24 hours sold it for $100 million.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
You can buy my IOU. It’s an NFT - if you wire the $100m, I’ll immediately transfer the NFT worth 10x maybe 1000x because I’m famous. Do we have a deal?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
That's my music catalog! It's still for sale and you never know if it might sell!
Why don’t you sell him your music catalog then? If you really think it’s worth so much more, convince him he’s getting a bargain. Put his money where your mouth is.

This is why nobody takes you seriously. You don’t even believe the stuff you post yourself.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This music catalog is worth $1.5b so if you can get the seller to accept $100m you’ll have a profit of $1.4b

Meta

... came back to add that this REALLY made me laugh. Thank you @MTEE1985 !

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
As I indicated above, I have done deals with a billionaire.
How much was this deal you did with the billionaire?

When I was 25 I bought a car from a millionaire, so I guess I could say I did a deal with a millionaire back then!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
If you are looking for real estate deals, there must be some type of reason for a discounted sale. Absentee owners certainly may fit the bill but not likely on a deal the size and scope that you are referencing. It is possible though. Are you going to make an offer?

On other types of income producing real estate, discounts usually present themselves with mismanagement. Frequently from absentee owners that put their trust in management companies. While there are some good ones, there are many that are less than competent.

The deal outlined above had an access issue. I was able to get a screaming deal on 40 acres because there was not any great access points. But, there were a couple of lots for sale that would allow me to gain access if I would be able to get an easement on them. I purchased them while they were in the middle of a court battle on the properties which really worked to my advantage. They were able to use the funds from the purchase to settle their dispute and I got a great deal on them as a result.

With apartments and commercial, I would look for deals that had cashflow issues. I bought a commercial strip center that was only half occupied. Other people were passing it up because it had vacancies for a long time. I looked at the area and the lease rates and felt compelled to buy it. I quickly leased the remaining space to a doctor and restaurant. Then sold it for a 400 percent return on my investment in 2 years.

Same with apartments. Purchased 87 units that were over 50% vacant. None of the units were ready to rent and there was a massive amount of work to be done. Got a great deal on the units. Made over a million with no investment out of my pocket. Just a lot of work on my part.

It takes knowledge and a strong understanding of the business to make deals. I have done others similar to these examples. The are opportunities are there but it take experience to find them.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Why are you asking this?

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Because this is the Fastlane, no? I'm looking for ideas to make it work. I have access to $100+ million cash to buy the thing, if I can show I will immediately profit.
I would think someone who has access to $100 million in cash wouldn't be asking strangers on the internet how to use it.

Here's a nice one for $40 million.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
OP is trolling this forum. I motion to have him kicked as it makes a mockery of genuine entrepreneurs seeking real advice. #landfill
kind of provides a refreshing sidetrack? maybe we have a 'comedy' sub forum and auto put his posts there?

it could be a sub forum of #landfill called 'the $100M club'.......

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
The example I was giving was just an example of how one could find undervalued assets but it was based on a real case. The owner simply lived overseas and no one bothered to contact them, except one person who knew how to "dig deep" and get value. This person bought the property far below market price, made some upgrades in the property and made a fortune.

D

Deleted85763

That's my music catalog! It's still for sale and you never know if it might sell!

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
But they worked many years, had many failures, and finally got to that point. Definitely not fastlane but better late than never.
This is literally the definition of fastlane. Build an asset that you can sell. No one said it would be fast or easy.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
If it could be sold immediately for $150m then that's the market rate. Why would the original owner sell it to you for less than market rate? Where is your $10m value add?

This idea isn't Fastlane actually. Did you actually read MJs books?

D

Deleted85763

If it could be sold immediately for $150m then that's the market rate. Why would the original owner sell it to you for less than market rate? Where is your $10m value add?

This idea isn't Fastlane actually. Did you actually read MJs books?
No. What someone will pay for some assets can vary significantly. The more the market is not efficient the more significant the prices can be. For example, residential real estate has a known market. Prices are within a definite range. However, other assets, like an oil tanker, may vary wildly depending on circumstances.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I do this every week with real estate. Have had a few 6-figure flips. Nothing 7+ yet...
Without any improvements, renovations or anything? Can a business survive on what sounds like the "greater fool" theory?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Jet or mega yacht broker? :rofl:

Last edited:

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I don’t deny anything and try to treat everyone on an equal level.

But as some said, it’s a bit strange you have access to that kind of money yet no actual way of making money. That’s what people are trying to tell you.

Nothing wrong with shooting big, but maybe look a bit lower? You’d be surprised by how many ways money can be made.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Experience dictates the profit. Of course you can get lucky but knowing what you are doing is the driver. The business world is filled with sharks. The goal is to watch their pile of chips grow.

mjbarlow

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 17, 2021
UK
OP is trolling this forum. I motion to have him kicked as it makes a mockery of genuine entrepreneurs seeking real advice. #landfill

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Two things.
First (to readers rather than OP).
Its possible to buy out company from retiring generation.
Doesn't happen very often but if kids don't want to do same as old folks and parents
get old, business might be for sale with lower valuation than "market" dictates.

Second.
Many times on this forum, lets call them "not so great questions" got great advice in replies.

Its ultimately up to forum moderators but i post it FYI.

mjbarlow

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 17, 2021
UK
Two things.
First (to readers rather than OP).
Its possible to buy out company from retiring generation.
Doesn't happen very often but if kids don't want to do same as old folks and parents
get old, business might be for sale with lower valuation than "market" dictates.

Second.

Many times on this forum, lets call them "not so great questions" got great advice in replies.

Its ultimately up to forum moderators but i post it FYI.

If someone posting is genuine, then yes I agree there are no stupid questions.

At least they are being authentic in their request for information. I.e. they want to know something and actually act upon that knowledge. (Even if the question is not so good)

The issue I have is that OP isn't coming from that place. He's constantly posting topics without a hint of anything real about them.

Some topics he's made:
How to make 100 million in three months.
How to invest 100 million and make profit straight away
Buy my music catalogue for 100 million.

Other forum members are taking their time to respond, taking him at face value and giving good responses.

However even if the advice is good, it's not based on an person asking an authentic "I need to know this to progress my business" type question.

In my mind that devalues any replies he receives and takes away from what this forum is about - an honest open discussion about entrepreneurial pursuits, based on fastlane principles.

wanttogofaster

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 2, 2019
Does it have to be a single deal?
How about four where you invest $25M each? Or even more than 4.

I don't have access to $100M, but in my mind, it is easier to buy something for $100 and sell it for $1,000, than buying something for $10,000 and selling it for $100,000.

Where I live, $450K houses are selling in 1 day. $1M are selling in about a week, for example.

I'm sure what you're suggesting can be done, I just think you could start smaller if there aren't any obvious $100M deals you can invest their money on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.