The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There is no such thing as a "secret" for success.

Vitom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2016
Virginia Beach
Alright my friends, It has come to my attention, that a lot of people try and sell a "secret" to success online. & it is getting really annoying.
______
There is NO WAY (unless you win the lotto) to make lots of money without putting work and time into what you're doing. I used to fall for these sort of things. Pyramid schemes and websites that have a teaser videos with a link to subscribe for more. I followed those links and I eventually realized Its all a scam.

When I was about 18 years old (i'm 23 now), I invested five hundred dollars into a business called 'Vemma', (you have probably heard of it before) and it got me so motivated and enthusiastic about it, I spent hours and hours doing stand up talks to a group of people, to try and get them to invest $500 bucks aswell. We had videos that the company made to accompany their product - healthy energy drinks - and I thought I was a doing a good think. Helping people stay healthy, while making money promoting the product. I had always been good at sales, so I thought this was perfect for me, and I was going to make a lot of money. WRONG. People started to realize what was going on, and eventually my family started attempting to convince me that all this was bogus, but I argued with them, told them they just don't know what success is and denied it. HA. I ended up loosing a sh*t load of money, didn't make a dime, and couldn't pay my rent anymore because I quit my job to go 'full time Vemma'. That was a hard lesson to learn. Don't be like my 18 year old self.

--- But being honest, I did learn a LOT about sales, convincing people to buy things they don't need and public speaking. Sitting down and talking face to face with others about investing a good chunk of change -- which by the way, for a highschool teen, 500 bucks is a lot. If you are good at sales, maybe something like Mary Kay will work for you? But my best advice is stay away from it. I have even seen some posts on this forum about "my secret to success". Don't listen. Or give it any responses.

You need to find out what motivates you and get hungry. Don't rely on the easy cop out. Your future depends on now.

- With loads of respect
Vitom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• shutterstock_108972350.jpg
    shutterstock_108972350.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 11

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
There's no secret. All business is about distribution. Place the right product or service in front of the right audience and they will buy from you.

I think Gary Halbert said it. His advice was look for passionate audiences before selling anything. There's much less resistance.

Fatrys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Jul 5, 2016
Paris, France
Of course there is no secret. People always want huge returns for little investments!

It goes without saying that if you could really be successful "in 3 easy steps within 1 week", everyone would already have done it, and could you define "sucessful" at this point?

I remember MJ DeMarco saying (and correct me if I'm wrong) that failure is like sweat, it is mandatory in order to achieve any success. In my opinion, it is the most motivating thing I've ever read.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Totally agree with OP. I did the MLM road too when I was younger. Though, took me a few years to fine-tune my B.S. radar.

Vitom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2016
Virginia Beach
Totally agree with OP. I did the MLM road too when I was younger. Though, took me a few years to fine-tune my B.S. radar.
You were probably quickly drawn to how motivated people were, and all the enthusiasm right??

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I appreciate your input. Your opinion is valuable to me.

just trollin :)
glad u found the forum! its a magical place.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Alright my friends, It has come to my attention, that a lot of people try and sell a "secret" to success online. & it is getting really annoying.
______
There is NO WAY (unless you win the lotto) to make lots of money without putting work and time into what you're doing. I used to fall for these sort of things. Pyramid schemes and websites that have a teaser videos with a link to subscribe for more. I followed those links and I eventually realized Its all a scam.

When I was about 18 years old (i'm 23 now), I invested five hundred dollars into a business called 'Vemma', (you have probably heard of it before) and it got me so motivated and enthusiastic about it, I spent hours and hours doing stand up talks to a group of people, to try and get them to invest $500 bucks aswell. We had videos that the company made to accompany their product - healthy energy drinks - and I thought I was a doing a good think. Helping people stay healthy, while making money promoting the product. I had always been good at sales , so I thought this was perfect for me, and I was going to make a lot of money. WRONG. People started to realize what was going on, and eventually my family started attempting to convince me that all this was bogus, but I argued with them, told them they just don't know what success is and denied it. HA. I ended up loosing a sh*t load of money, didn't make a dime, and couldn't pay my rent anymore because I quit my job to go 'full time Vemma'. That was a hard lesson to learn. Don't be like my 18 year old self.

--- But being honest, I did learn a LOT about sales, convincing people to buy things they don't need and public speaking. Sitting down and talking face to face with others about investing a good chunk of change -- which by the way, for a highschool teen, 500 bucks is a lot. If you are good at sales, maybe something like Mary Kay will work for you? But my best advice is stay away from it. I have even seen some posts on this forum about "my secret to success". Don't listen. Or give it any responses.

You need to find out what motivates you and get hungry. Don't rely on the easy cop out. Your future depends on now.

- With loads of respect
Vitom

I'm guessing you'll be cross training into recruiting then, A1C/SrA Vitom? (can't see your stripes)

God knows, the AF is hurting for bodies right now!

Vitom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2016
Virginia Beach
I'm guessing you'll be cross training into recruiting then, A1C/SrA Vitom? (can't see your stripes)

God knows, the AF is hurting for bodies right now!

Capt. Jack, Call me Vito if you'd like.

-- I like the Captain Jack by the way! haha BAD a$$!

YES it def. is!! We are SO undermanned! Working up to 70 hours a week! (sometimes more!)

I was an AMN back then (E-2), now I've gone up the ranks! That was back in tech school at Sheppard AFB, probably the hottest empty wasteland ever. All there was to do, is go out to the Airmen club, or go to the strip club. But hey, Learned a lot and now I have certs that could be used after the military.

&& Yes, I would love to be a recruiter. My old supervisor was a recruiter, he got lots of free shit and it looks really good on EPR's (Enlisted Performance Report) to have that experience.

-- but there is not a single day that goes by, that I don't wonder what kind of success I could find on the outside. I was 19 when I started my first business, and I made some small mistakes that lead to failure. That was the reason I joined, A cop out of the real world. Sometimes I wish I would have sucked it up and continued on down that path. That was about 4 years ago. Who knows what would have come of it?

I take it you are a veteran?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.