The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There is no substitute for DOING

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
I'm one of those guys who can learn from books and also from hands on experience. The last few months since I read TMF were filled with optimism and action faking. Now, half way through Unscripted , I realized I was becoming my very own stereotype, and if I didn't escape soon I would never leave the Script's allegorical cave.

As outlined in both books, the internet has created more millionaires in the last 20 years than any other wealth vehicle in history. While there are ideas you can Fastlane without using the web, it is clear you need to figure out the interwebs business if you want to get serious.

I would read posts on a daily basis that threw around buzzwords like Link Juice, SERP, CPC, and "long tail keywords" and have no idea what was going on. Reading books helped a little, but without actually doing it, I was still lost. So I decided to challenge myself: Go buy a cheap niche domain, build the website out myself and try to monetize it. I didn't know squat about this save for a web development class I took in college. We learned some HTML and CSS, a bit about layout, and conducted usability testing..that's it. So as I worked through things "on a problem by problem basis," as MJ had said, everything started to click big time. Where I had once feared the process, I began to enjoy it.

What I have is my own little practice chamber now. I built the website out in approx. two days, punched out about 5,000 words of good quality, relevant, evergreen content and will continue to add more frequently. Since then I've been learning the art of SEO and making lots of tweaks. I feel my niche is strong, the website is simple but well made. I have been a consumer in this niche for many years and witnessed numerous areas where I could add value as a producer. As a bonus, the whole concept is scalable to both an e-book and a few products.

I look forward to seeing what kind of traffic I can drive in the coming months, but I'm unconcerned with making money from it at this time. I started this whole thing for what amounts to a few dollars plus monthly hosting fees, so I can fail time and again without losing my shirt. I can reinvent my concept several times over if I want to. Here's the challenge for you: If you're low in capital or afraid to take action, start small and see where things go.

A strong niche is probably the best idea, or hell, pick something weaker and challenge yourself to optimize it and drive that traffic. As one poster on another forum said, "I can make a website about monkey's eating bananas and monetize it with the right SEO strategy." The biggest problem is the fact that you won't have any skin in the game save for time. So it is most import that you NOT give up! You still need to treat this as though you have your entire life savings tied up in it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.