The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

I've got a bit of info from some of these processing plants that normally process chickens, and I'll just straight up quote what I've heard and tell you who told them to me:
My uncle (heavily involved in dairy for 20+ years) was talking with processing plants, they said that they cannot get enough workers right now, the workers are calling in sick so that they don't need to work. He then offered to get busloads of people to go work in the meat plants (people that would willingly go there to work for a few weeks over this whole thing, wouldn't want to work there full time) and they said,"no, sorry, we can't accept them, they need to be trained/certified to work in here and that would take too long"

2nd story, a guy in NewZealand that I've done business with for 10+ years, he just started working in their meat processing plants because he wants a bit of extra income during this time. He said that they made a few changes to the plants, they work 24 hours instead of partial days (they still need to shut-down for 5 hours every day to sanitize the place)
He said a lot of workers are calling in sick so that they don't need to work. When they do go to work they operate with cutting tables at half capacity to get social distancing.

What I gathered from both of these stories, the public (that does most of the work in the facilities) simply call in sick if they get too scared. The more that the media advertises that companies are shutting down due to employees getting sick, the more companies will need to shut-down due to workers calling in sick (they read the news and say they're sick, they can't come to work)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I've got a bit of info from some of these processing plants that normally process chickens, and I'll just straight up quote what I've heard and tell you who told them to me:
My uncle (heavily involved in dairy for 20+ years) was talking with processing plants, they said that they cannot get enough workers right now, the workers are calling in sick so that they don't need to work. He then offered to get busloads of people to go work in the meat plants (people that would willingly go there to work for a few weeks over this whole thing, wouldn't want to work there full time) and they said,"no, sorry, we can't accept them, they need to be trained/certified to work in here and that would take too long"

2nd story, a guy in NewZealand that I've done business with for 10+ years, he just started working in their meat processing plants because he wants a bit of extra income during this time. He said that they made a few changes to the plants, they work 24 hours instead of partial days (they still need to shut-down for 5 hours every day to sanitize the place)
He said a lot of workers are calling in sick so that they don't need to work. When they do go to work they operate with cutting tables at half capacity to get social distancing.

What I gathered from both of these stories, the public (that does most of the work in the facilities) simply call in sick if they get too scared. The more that the media advertises that companies are shutting down due to employees getting sick, the more companies will need to shut-down due to workers calling in sick (they read the news and say they're sick, they can't come to work)

I’m hearing much the same from people I know growing produce. It’s been hard getting pickers/line processors to show up. Nothing like mismanagement of one crisis (covid) to cause another crisis (food supply chain shortages).

So glad we have super intelligent people with our best interests at heart controlling everything, it’s working out so well.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So surprised though that we live in an America where one of the companies we have supported to hyper growth (actually multiple if you consider Facebook and YouTube) now openly and blatantly censor content they find objectionable from an ideological perspective. MJ was right on this very, very early. Before their true hand was revealed out in the open like it is now.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
So surprised though that we live in an America where one of the companies we have supported to hyper growth (actually multiple if you consider Facebook and YouTube) now openly and blatantly censor content they find objectionable from an ideological perspective. MJ was right on this very, very early. Before their true hand was revealed out in the open like it is now.

What is surprising about this? People who seek power often falsely embrace principles on their path to power, then seek to abolish said principles when they become detrimental to power.

Though beyond that, I imagine that whoever runs YouTube has political friends who asked for a few favors.

Companies and political institutions are amoral abstractions. They only act in ways to get more money or power. When they speak of virtue or values, it is only a PR campaign. Read about Ed Bernays' "Torches of Freedom." "When you want to advance a private interest, turn it into a public cause."

Of course he did. The older I get, the more I realize that the rules that are imposed are not for the rulers but for the ruled. The mayor of Chicago eliminated anybody’s ability to go to a salon but then later was caught on hidden camera in the salon. Here in the United States, our elected representatives mandated everybody be tied into a government approved health care plan. Well, everybody but our elected representatives. They exempted themselves.

The truth is even scarier than that - there are no rulers. The people "in charge" are trapped by a lot of the same rules as the rest of us. The closest thing to a ruler is whatever makes the system more money.

Trump, Bezos, and Bill Gates only have power in accordance with how well they follow their roles. If Bezos or Gates decided to really fight the system, that system would absolutely annihilate them. The roles in the system have power, not so much the particular people in said roles.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
To anyone angry at politicians for being corrupt / power hungry or for stupid people being stupid during the coronavirus, here's Robinson Jeffers' take:

That public men publish falsehoods
Is nothing new. That America must accept
Like the historical republics corruption and empire
Has been known for years.

Be angry at the sun for setting
If these things anger you. Watch the wheel slope and turn,
They are all bound on the wheel, these people, those warriors.
This republic, Europe, Asia.

Observe them gesticulating,
Observe them going down. The gang serves lies, the passionate
Man plays his part; the cold passion for truth
Hunts in no pack.

You are not Catullus, you know,
To lampoon these crude sketches of Caesar. You are far
From Dante's feet, but even farther from his dirty
Political hatreds.

Let boys want pleasure, and men
Struggle for power, and women perhaps for fame,
And the servile to serve a Leader and the dupes to be duped.
Yours is not theirs.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
If aliens showed up tomorrow and wanted to shake hands, I would ask them to come back in July.
Can we have a month where the news are slow?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Today, one of the divisions in the company I work for announced the guidelines for return to work.

Phase 1) 10% return late June/early July
Phase 2) 50% return end of 2020

No employee will be forced to return to the office.

It will be interesting to see what the rest of the business does.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
In India, we have been in lockdown since 45days now. You guys have seen how India is forcing the lockdown here.

Many people are having huge problem as they are not even able to feed themselves. Many of us know this but there is literally no one who is trying to oppose this lockdown here in India.

I mean, there in America, many of you guys are going to street, opposing and all. But here, no such thing.

So the question is, what should be done here in India?
Should we just stay locked in? From internal source, i heard that the lockdown will extend to May end at-least.
Or we should protest against this?

As India is not Hygienic country, is lockdown the only right way?
If not, and as lockdown is affecting our life and caging us, what shall we do?

I don't know much about politics and big things about the world, that's why asking for you guys point of view.

Thanks

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Today I tried to book a tee time for an in network country club about 15 minutes away. I have full playing privileges at all of these clubs.

They said, due to the virus, that I can’t play network clubs. Just my home club, but if I wanted to pay a guest fee with my friend who has that club as his home club, I could still play. He can’t come to mine without paying a guest fee either.

So let me get this straight... If I pay the $150 guest fee to play the club I am essentially a member of, it saves me from the coronavirus.

I guess we found the cure everyone!

NOTHING pisses me off like F*cking nonsense “because coronavirus.” The outraged public of losers on the government dime shaming everyone for not staying in our homes in pajamas watching Netflix. This is the perfect storm of communist F*ckery. There are people in this world that honestly deserve to starve to death.

I have some banking to do, some complex banking that has tax ramifications. I need my actual private banker. Not some teller chump on the other end of a plastic vacuum tube. I can’t come into the branch. I can’t schedule an appointment. They tell me to do it online, but it requires paperwork. Idiocy. Everywhere.

Either don’t require paperwork, or don’t close the F*cking branch. One or the other.

Headed to the liquor store to pick up a cigar, because that is evidently an “essential” business. Maybe I should start drinking.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
They said, due to the virus, that I can’t play network clubs. Just my home club, but if I wanted to pay a guest fee with my friend who has that club as his home club, I could still play. He can’t come to mine without paying a guest fee either.
Do you think it's because of gov't restrictions or are the clubs trying to recoup lost revenue?

NovaAria

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 18, 2018
I don't think alienating their loyal customers is a good strategy for that.

I am seeing restaurants and coffee shops offering discounts on their take-out and online ordering sides. Sure, golf can't exactly offer the same service online, but I don't think that asking for a premium now of all times is a good plan.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Has anyone seen the vignette of Plandemic?

This Dr. Judy Mikovits is rather interesting. If what she has to say is credible... I’m not even sure what to say

This vignette was uploaded to the web just a few days ago, and there were immediate smear campaigns against her.

She has two books published by Simon & Schuster, which is rather impressive. I’m not sure if it’s true, but I’ve heard that to have your book brought to press by Simon & Schuster, their attorneys fact check your work.

Either way it’s worth a watch. She obviously knows that she’s talking about; whether she is credible or not, only time will tell.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Has anyone seen the vignette of Plandemic?

This Dr. Judy Mikovits is rather interesting. If what she has to say is credible... I’m not even sure what to say

This vignette was uploaded to the web just a few days ago, and there were immediate smear campaigns against her.

She has two books published by Simon & Schuster, which is rather impressive. I’m not sure if it’s true, but I’ve heard that to have your book brought to press by Simon & Schuster, their attorneys fact check your work.

Either way it’s worth a watch. She obviously knows that she’s talking about; whether she is credible or not, only time will tell.
I’m quoting my own post to emphasize the need to watch this video.

You don’t need to agree with Dr. Mikovits, but given her background I believe it is essential we hear what she has to say.

It doesn’t matter what you make of it, regardless, she brings to light some serious controversies.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
In an attempt to assume some local influence, I have taken to Next Door to speak my mind and offer alternative dialogue. I have already done so with people I see in person, however, it is critical to spread the message beyond and on to people in my community who I don’t know and have never met.

In the next few days I am going to write my governor, senator and state rep.

I suggest anyone here who is also waking up to the fact that we’ve been duped, to spread the message in your local community and to your local and state government. Don’t insult or name call. Now is not an appropriate time. It’s best to simply educate and to call people to stand beside you.

I will also be calling my town’s chief of police to find where he stands on the matter. If we are not on the same page, which I highly doubt given the town I live in, I intend to push my opinion and some resources for him to reference.

We are undergoing a major disinformation campaign, leading to suspension of God-given liberties that our government has no authority to suspend under any circumstance.

It is our duty as Americans to stand proudly and speak out against this injustice. Do your F*cking part.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio